Has anyone else seen this?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lioneesa, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Rolien Active Member

Having someone box 24 characters is actually pretty demotivating. You say it has no impact on anyone but someone selling all the loot from raids because they just botted it is basically just creating a huge pool of krono's or Plat which will screw up the economy on the server.

Also these type of people rarely stay to instances it's only a matter of time before they go for open world bosses. It's much easier to pop in 24 bots than it is to gather real people.

Besides if they are boxing 24 characters you know they aren't doing it legit meaning they are breaking rules. As a legit player that makes me salty.
    Lioneesa and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Lioneesa New Member

I saw him list his loot from PPR last night and now its gone, but hey 400+ plat in a few hours isn't profitable right?
  3. alfie New Member

This is assuming there is any SLR, I've yet to see any SLR of raid gear. All I've seen are some raid items off not even hard bosses listed on the broker. Items that are no better than the stuff people are pulling from the heroic zones.

You know whats really demotivating? Killing epics and having them drop things worse than heroics. But such is the tle, same as stormhold.
    Dude and Adoninilol like this.
  4. alfie New Member

So I see now you're just lying to try and make the situation seem worse. 400pp+ from ppr in brokerable items. Lol. Go look up all the items that are sellable in PPR, even if you got EVERY one it wouldnt be worth anywhere near 400pp+. Most of it is complete ****, worse than heroic gear.

That dude has to generate 24 kronos a month or pay 24 sub fees. If you think hes doing this for irl profit you're delusional.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

You gotta realize something here, DBG needs all the money they can get. Is some guy is willing to pay them $415 a month just to play on the server, they honestly do not care how much plat a single person can accumulate.

Do you need proof? Look at EQ2 bans over the last decade.
    -Soteria- and Adoninilol like this.
  6. alfie New Member

This dude is getting into a fit over some neckbeard dropping a fortune just to play solo on a server thats gonna be dead in a year lol. This server is a cash grab, accept it, have your fun and move on.
    Bekkr, Dude, -Soteria- and 2 others like this.
  7. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

No one is getting into a fit.

And Fallen Gate is no more a cash grab than live servers where you are required to spend either months researching ascension spells or spend $100 to upgrade them to raid.

You are honestly the only one getting upset in this entire thread.
    Snikkety and Adoninilol like this.
  8. Satyr Well-Known Member

I've already explained in this thread why SLR'ing loot has little to no impact on the server economy. In brief though, it doesn't generate enough plat for it to be inflationary. Someone selling something to another player does not generate plat, it is just a swap. Platinum is generated by, for example, vendoring loot. A 3 hour PPR run, or a 1 hour Gates or Courts run is likely to generate no more than 10 platinum from vendoring loot. This has a negligible impact on the economy.

Atan, I know you're being facetious, but AFK harvesting is something that impacts the economy by deflating the value of harvestable components and making it uneconomical for real players to farm them. Sadly, people in this game seem fine with botting when it benefits them.

This thread has now generated two pages of comments and will likely go to four pages. This is really depressing since threads where I've identified bugged raid content, some of which hasn't been fixed, and all of which could be attempted by ANY guild on this server have received no attention from the player base. People don't seem to care about content that they can't kill because of bugs, but they sure as **** care if somebody can bot trivial content which doesn't impact them. Ridiculous.
    Snikkety and Adoninilol like this.
  9. Lioneesa New Member

Selling all the lore items/masters on the broker doesn't generate plat, but it does devalue plat. These items do sell for quite a bit. This does have an impact on things such as krono prices for everyone.
  10. Rolien Active Member

You see that word right there is the main problem I have with it. Bot is completely different than box.
    Botting is flat out against the rules and is 100% cheating no if's and's or but's about it.
    Botting is used to gain an unfair advantage.

This person could be using those bots to sell loot rights for krono's, also do not think it will stop at just loot rights it will turn into quest updates and such.

Do not think for a second people will not be willing to pay a krono for an item or quest update. If someone is willing to buy exp potions they would be just as willing to pay for items or updates to gain an advantage.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Adoninilol likes this.
  12. Lioneesa New Member

Well said Rolien.
  13. Ajos Member

Are you sure he or she is boxing 24 toons? cause you got to be paid for to play on tle servers. meaning he or she is paying for 24 accounts just to play by themselves?
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I support bots, if someone wants to pay for 24 accounts and play by themselves by all means; let them.

Frankly, if I had the drive to, I too would bot 24 toons, then debuffs would always land, heals would always land, and I could clear everything in one night and when I feel like it~
    Draknox and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  15. Rougez Active Member

I find it a bit strange 90% + of these types of threads are started by some random new account. If you feel you have evidence, one way or another, posting on the forums is not going to help.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was making a joke, but certain metals at certain tiers in this game are nothing short of 'broken' in terms of the RNG related to the nodes and the pulls.

This poor experience is an example of a reason why people excuse botting in some cases.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

Ahh yes
    https://imgur.com/ydGbzkN
    https://imgur.com/MpWVhti
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The best part about this is he doesn't link the other players in his raid and the fact that all of this content was cleared within the first month of the expansion lol.

I'm pretty sure we could of cleared like all of easy mode DoV/a lot of hard mode, all of skyshrine, probably all of CoE sans like Gen'ra, all of ToV except cruor with like all apprentice/random adepts, but why would we do that? It's obvious that the ascension spells are a large money grab because they rarely drop unlike how masters used to.

The difference between that and these newer spells is these spells make all profession abilities look horrible, and these you basically have to pay to win, look at all of the top guilds; I promise they all have these spells for the most part.

Based on the past like 6 years i'm guessing the mobs that were killed later on were either broken, added later, or patch kills~
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Unless they openly harass or just completely cut off others from overworld content on a regular basis there is NONE way they will ban those people. If they banned all the people who use the botting programs (which I never approved of btw) they should just shut the game down right now.

They let the toothpaste out of the tube a looong time ago in regards to botting and they tacitly approved it when they took measures to slam botters ONLY on the Trak Event server. This proved they were more than capable of doing it on other servers, but simply weren't.

If you don't like botting, quit EQ2.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

You're overthinking my point. Ascensions aren't required to raid. Period. Full stop. Also, experts didn't exist until like 6 months into the xpac. I would have linked the T4 mob we cleared last night but the achievements didn't update yet.