Has anyone else seen this?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lioneesa, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Lioneesa New Member

Has anyone else seen the guy boxing 24 toons who is now killing raid zones. I don't even see how that is allowed here? I just hope that the community is all against this blatant cheating.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

report him
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing that is "against the rules" but how does someone running bot team through a raid hurting anyone? The majority of the loot is heirloom, so it can not be sold outside of SLR.
    Griffon Lady and Adoninilol like this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

If he's in instances, not selling gear, don't really care.

However, I doubt that he's doing it just for 'fun' and is likely finding ways to fund those accounts and himself.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The forum rules require that we don't "name and shame" or blacklist players in the forums, so you can't provide more info here than you have already done.

When you see the guy with his dirty dozen ready to hit a raid zone, send the guy a few /tells. See if and how he responds, /report him if he says anything incriminating. Take screenshots. Then go and create a support ticket. The category is "Community Standards". Calmly and politely explain what you have observed and say that you believe that this player might be botting.

We actually had a guy in a group the other day who said in voice chat that he was a returning player who used to use a program for botting big groups such as you describe, actually naming the program. He was fishing for a guild invite, but we ignored his none-too-subtle hints because we didn't want that in our guild. But it's no good to report the guy, because he didn't put the admission into any typed text chat, and because at the time we were observing him, he was playing one toon, badly undergeared, in our group doing heroic zones.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  6. Lioneesa New Member

My worry is if it is allowed, it could be a pretext for more people doing the same thing and really driving people away. On another server I played on it happened and it really diminished the population out of sheer frustration from the player base. People work hard to get enough together to raid and spend a lot of time and energy to do so, and for someone to just run a program then SLR or list the items on the broker, is really wrong imo.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

these kind of situations drove a bunch of us off of ragefire in eq1... 45+ mage armies wiping whole zones for plat selling, slr etc. someone who wants his own group of me/meself/I etc isn't going to do that, someone running a dozen or more? drives players away.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

If you see em doing SLR, report their *****.
  9. Lioneesa New Member

I think the SLR will come soon, ive seen them doing courts, fountain of life, and prr.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with this, though I can understand players feeling unhappy about both crafting bots and the large number of bot groups camping relevant ring of fate quest spawns in pillars of flame - that behaviour is cancerous.

If it's instanced and in a raid zone, I honestly don't care though. It has close to zero impact on the server:

1. Very few items would be hitting the broker so prices aren't going to be forced down.
    2. Very few items are going to be vendored, so it isn't going to contribute to inflation in any meaningful way.
    3. The zones are instanced so they are not disrupting anyone else's play experience.
    4. Any SLR'd loot is not going to assist guild's progress in a meaningful way since almost any guild that can get an x3 in a raid can clear that content, though I imagine people doing this are mostly doing it for fun since there are better ways to generate platinum then spending hours running through raid content for 15 drops.

Delusional, this doesn't achieve anything and is a waste of time. The only thing that will fix this is DBG talking to *name redacted* and having *program redacted* made unusable on the TLE servers like they did for RTT.
    Griffon Lady and Adoninilol like this.
  11. Lioneesa New Member

So your argument is because it doesn't really affect you, the cheating should be tolerated? I think it's something that needs to be shut down before it gets worse.
    BulletCatcher66 and Ceyllynn like this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

What bot guild is doing Fountain of Life? Only 3 guilds have cleared it, and none of them are bot guilds.
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

if you think they only do it in raid zones... you're the delusional one...
  14. Lioneesa New Member

But now there is so much lvl 60 raid loot on broker, woot.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect anyone, not just me. I wish people were half as concerned about broken raid content as they are about things that have absolutely no impact on them.
    Griffon Lady, Adoninilol and Draknox like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My guess is that *if* a bot group is running a raid zone, they first use gear to upgrade the bot toons, then they sell anything that's tradeable. Some might be doing SLR, but I'm going to bet that they're either vendoring the non-tradable stuff, then doing RMT for plat, or maybe crushing and selling adorning mats, though I find that way less likely.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

Ya that is very unlikely since Transmuting and Adorning won't be available until March.
  18. Lioneesa New Member

I can understand caring about raid content if you raid. You are assuming that if this person is only doing raid content out of nostalgia and not profit, and that isn't what I think. I saw this type of cheating ruin server economies, granted there was a lot more doing it, but it is something to be wary of.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

I would report any bots doing SLR, it does generally jack the server economy.

Botters hanging out in instances having their own fun and not screwing with the server economy, I don't really care about.

In fact, if those botters would get out and harvest for me during this xp bonus week, that would be great. ;)
    Griffon Lady and Ceyllynn like this.
  20. alfie New Member

Do you really think this dude, if it actually is 1 dude, made an entire raid, put in all the effort to level up an entire raid on a ****** server that isn't going to last more than a year anyways, to profit? You do realize the current raid content is full of **** gear that is a) barely if not worse than most of the heroic drops and b) so minimal that the effort required to obtain it is not worth your time at ALL unless you're doing it for fun.

You can make WAY more plat other ways than raiding. No dude who is solo raiding is ever going to ruin the economy compared to other easier methods of generating plat. If you're actually concerned about that ****, then direct your anger towards the bots camping contested heroic mobs, or spam running all these heroic zones that have so much trash loot.

Go look in general chat for the gillion people spamming slr from heroics all day long, or go run around the heroic contested mobs in dof right now. They are everywhere and its annoying as ****. Those are the ones that irritate me.