Disappointing

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I have a ToT mastercrafted armor, I no longer need, so I tried to transmute it and couldn't. Then I tried to salvage it, and couldn't. My tradeskills are all maxed so I am confused as to why I can't transmute or salvage all these items. Any help would be appreciate as I find this very disappointing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I noticed that in ToT (and since). At a guess, it's because they upped the tag to legendary (presumably so it can be reforged). Personally, while I find it disappointing, I think it is a fair trade-off.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

I don't think you can transmute or salvage crafted items.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Transmuting
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

You can Salvage but not transmute crafted items

Salvage high level crafted items gets the Transcendent quints
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

You can transmute crafted items!
    I don't know about level 100 items but certainly lower level Mastercrafted armor and weapons and such.
    The Wiki article even suggests, re leveling: "Less expensive is to buy or harvest rares and make level 1-9 mastercrafted items, such as spell and ability upgrades, and transmute those until you get Transmute of 25"

--
    The Xiocite Windjammer Jerkin from the Advanced Tailor Level 100 recipe book is certainly transmutable.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I would /bug items that won't transmute, and probably turn in a support ticket also. If it won't transmute, it's supposed to have the Ornate tag. (See the wiki for item flags and what each does).
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

If you really want an answer, you need to provide enough information that someone could reasonably figure out what you are talking about. Like what armor piece you are talking about.

Also it might not be the armor that isn't transmutable, it could be you've done something to the armor piece that prevents it from being transmuted. Like slot an adornment that prevents it from being destroyed.

I can't think of any crafted armor in ToT that can't be transmuted. I can think of the vendor purchased armor that can't be salvaged or transmuted because dev wants to prevent exploits based off of that sort of thing.

And while I know this isn't going to change anything about Almee's naming sense, I'll say once again that a forum post title should mention the actual topic of the post. The most 'disappointing' thing about this post to me is the ambiguous and meaningless title. Unfortunately every post title from Almee is just like this one.
    Dude and Hexalobular like this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

Well I can see Meirril isn't a fan of my posts lol. Actually, I've had the problem with a number of mastercrafted pieces so I'll have to go back through my characters and make a list of all the items I haven't been able to transmute. That could take awhile with 64 characters so I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

None of the ToT MC gear is salvagable or transmutable. It's not a 'bug' because it was mentioned when ToT was released and we were told it wasn't a bug.
    Finora likes this.
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, I kind of remember that ToT crafted gear only has legendary quality, doesn't it? That was also when they introduced infusers so they probably didn't want crafters to flood the market by breaking down hundreds of Handcrafted Legendary items.

Still I'm not sure if the MC Legendary can be broken down or not. If someone logged in and check the stats...there is no tag to say it can't be salvaged still. There really should be a tag. Honestly we've needed that tag since salvaging and transmuting became a thing but dev has never made one.

Trying to remember all the exceptions is annoying.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm picking on you, but I don't expect you (Almee) to change. And its not like I'm really angry or anything. However, it is better to have a clear subject so people that are interested in the subject can find your posts. Just hoping a few people read this and keep it in mind when they decide to post.

This is actually turning into a post that dev should look at and take note of, which makes the title a bit more of an unfortunate choice.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  12. Ogdinmar Active Member

I think I know why you cannot transmute or salvage ToT or later MC gear. Prior to those two expacs salvaging would yield quintessence (AoM) and prior harvestables. In ToT and KA you get fragments to craft infusers and I believe they only wanted you to get those from dropped gear, not crafted. I know in aom you could just salvage handcrafted for a along while to get quintessences but they changed that I believe. So its kind of a infuser gate if you will. As for transmuting I'm not sure why I wouldn't be transmuted expect like someone mentioned its MC Legendary and they didn't want people getting a bunch of infusions easily, maybe? since old MC gear would transmute into powder or lower.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you do, please open an issue listing the items on the Community Issue Tracker, and post the Issue Number and URL back here. It'll give us a single unified location to note these items. If you prefer not to, let me know the items and I'll start one.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

If there was a reason for not letting us transmute, or salvage, ToT MC gear the reason is moot at this point since any lvl 100 can get the Days of Summer gear by doing some very easy quests. They should at least allow us to salvage the gear for the rares we had to harvest to make the gear. I was hoping to make house items with the rares as that's all they are good for now.

As for the issue tracker, I tried using it a couple of times and found it wasn't very user friendly. I tried voting for a few things and I don't think any of my votes ever went through. I just use /bug and /feedback. It may go into the cosmic void but at least I tried.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Salvaging gear from ToT and KA doesn't give rares, it gives infuser bits.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm willing to bet there was a copy-paste error somewhere and the "transmutable" and/or "salvageable" flags didn't get set. Post the name (or better, the A-Link) for any items that won't transmute and/or salvage.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't think this is accidental. It was brought up when ToT came out and we were told that as the way it is.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Elinea Well-Known Member

I have salvaged current crafted stuff, but haven't tried to transmute it. I've got so much stockpiled these days, which I'm betting will be useless next expansion, I'm just vendoring all my stuff, even the heroic stuff that I don't need but win on a greed roll.

edit: never mind, I realized I've been selling it to vendors because I can't salvage or transmute it.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

It is not a bug or error. If Almee is trying to transmute or salvage ToT crafted gear, it is intended.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...november-17-2015-terrors-of-thalumbra.565628/

If you search for transmute in that original ToT release post you'll find the line:

• Terrors of Thalumbra Handcrafted and Mastercrafted items may not be transmuted or salvaged.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That sucketh mightily.
    Finora, Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.