Increasing combat mitigation 24 hours a launch

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

I am nearly level 32 and I already did most of those HQs you mentioned... My main issue is that I am just burned out. I was one of the first to 30 and after that, I just didn't want to run any of that again. Probably 12+ hours in FG and stormhold, respectively. Maybe when the rest of my live guildies play there again I might go back and run more stuff. I may try this weekend as well, since there will probably be tons of people looking for xp. But the point I am trying to make is that it is honestly not as easy to pug as everybody makes it seem.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  2. Kindread Active Member

I think my assumption was you were referring to the 50-60 game, as you specifically called out levels 50-60 ...

Regardless, I do agree with you that the 1-50 game needs to have a better leveling curve. I abandoned my level 30 Beastlord because there were just no groups. I can solo just fine, but the aspect of this game I enjoy most is grouping ... as such the only way to play (for me) on Fallen Gate is at current content, where all the people are.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The dude I was replying to (who never rebutted my point btw) was saying how "hardcore" players can get level 1-60 in a day, while "casuals" can reach current tier (ie: level 50) in 2 weeks. I think even you would agree getting level 1-50 in a casual two weeks of play is not happening... and I agree with you on the level 1-50 game.. that's what I'm talking about.

I prefer grouping and hate solo questing, but soloing needs to be viable at low levels once the population drops off and groups are hard to get, so new characters can catch up. Every MMO comes to terms with this, even EQ and FFXI which were once group orny games. You had to pick a specific class if you wanted to be able to xp solo, and they brought nothing of use to groups. Even in those games they have had to make a path to level up and join the playerbase, solo. MMO devs have been dealing with this concept for a while, either by making once hard content soloable, or by scaling content, etc.

The double xp weeks are a good way to get people caught up too.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

With the scaling combat mitigation that went in yesterday, it made group content very easy for duos/trios. You will need to stay on top of your gear and spells. Either way it is significantly easier now then it was prior.

For those who are struggling to find groups for levels 10-45, are you in guilds with people that are leveling? Do you have 1 or 2 friends to regularly play with?
  6. Kindread Active Member

I cannot seem to find any details on this "scaling combat mitigation" change you are referring too, can you give me a link?

Sorry, kinda new to the game and not quite sure where to find stuff like that yet.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Kindread likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Is there a definitive source anywhere that explicitly explains what combat mitigation does, what the caps are in terms of modifying it, and how exactly it is applied to mobs?

It feels like a whole lot of swag that we can't really understand how to navigate.

Maybe I'm wrong, and there is a mechanics post explaining this somewhere that I've not seen?
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Very little is "known" about combat mitigation.

In the testing we have done so far, there are some inconsistencies in how much combat mit different mobs have. The same combat mit debuff on an epic x2 mob lead to larger gains in damage on Strike of Consistency than it did on a same level heroic, but the heroic showed less damage gain than same level solo mob. That leads us to believe that the combat mit debuffs are not a flat amount per point of combat mit, but a % reduction or that difficulty of mobs does not impact how much combat mit they have.

On live it has been found that you can't go negative on combat mit from debuffs. It will read a negative number on Detect Weakness, but result in no additional damage gain.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, so it's just SWAG =/