Will Test get things to test for the new expansion coming up?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or will it all be on the Beta server, or...?

Speaking of which, do we know when pre-orders will be up for it yet?

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm have no info from red names, but expansion content has always come to the beta server. Related non-expansion changes might come to test though.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Cool, though isn't that a little backwards? Shouldn't they have people (i.e., us) do the Beta testing before that much is set in stone for a pre-order? /shrug

Uwk
    Gubba Bump, Tekka, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

It's the way they did it with KA. I won't comment on the "does it make sense?" question. :confused:
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! ;)

When was the pre-order time period for KA, does anyone remember offhand? ;->

Uwk
    Gubba Bump and Dude like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, later on this October, probably after the sale's over for the last of KA. Got it. ;->

Uwk
    [/note_to_self] Wondering if the pre-order is of any "gotta have it now" interest; if so, then DON'T make different region login copies. If there's nothing exciting about it until it, too, goes into half-off sales next October (2018), then go ahead and make different region login copies.[/end_note]
    Gubba Bump and Dude like this.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Actually I suspect they have years of game planning already done and they prob have a team working on the far future story already. The pre-order is just a way to get the cash flowing so they can pay the QA that will result.

I started testing in beta (when it was the "test copy" server or some such) in either Cobalt Scar or AoM, whichever was first. Beta is my favorite time because people who test are often much friendlier and willing to try just anything, rather than... ahem, like these past few days... they're so obsessed with ethereal coins that I've been nixed from 4 groups because they only want 420+ resolvers. Grrr.. after all that work! Mffff... It's a good thing my memory is bad, I can't remember their names and plot revenge. LOL

If there's a new beta reward that has bonuses to experiments, I'll be grinding it though. Oh the drama, the terror of experimenting!
    Spindle and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the test server is for testing little things I saw talk about the next Beta coming up towards the end of the month or so
    The next xpack does not come out till November.
  11. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Test is a Live server, they do not get the expansion before everyone else. They get minor updates and holiday events before the rest but that's pretty much it. Pre-Order will likely be sometime shortly after the KA 50% off sale ends.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love Ricky Gervais.

Cyrrena
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ricky Gervais? :confused:

Uwk
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There was a post with a Ricky Gervais snippet, seems it has been removed.

Cyrrena
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! After Googling him, now I recognize him. British comedian/character actor/etc. He was the "fence," basically, in the movie Stardust (highly recommended; it's a hoot :D) where Robert DeNiro's pirate captain/sky ship-lightning collector was trying to unload some good quality voltage. Their riff was classic for both of them. ;)

Uwk
  16. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Apparently Roxxly does not share your love of ricky gervais. Or did not appreciate my use of his gif to provide commentary on the glaringly obvious (to some) lack of paid QA (which is kind of the subject of this thread, now that we mention it). Perhaps for some odd reason (s)he would prefer Markab's interpretation to be the only perspective expressed here, I can't imagine why that would be...
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

She.
    http://eq2wire.com/2017/08/16/from-intern-to-full-time-daybreaks-community-coordinator/
  18. Enigma Active Member

lol damn it actually got removed? such a pity b/c it was dead on the truth about poor QA.
  19. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

protip : you are the QA
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're using logic? What crazy thing is THAT? :p
    Next you'll be wanting bugs and problems fixed before the expac goes live... where would the madness end?!?!