Increasing combat mitigation 24 hours a launch

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Satyr Well-Known Member

Admit what? At launch it stated that XP values would be returned to launch values and combat would be harder than live. Neither are true, it's harder than live but nothing like launch. People are able to level to 60 in a day, and casual players can reach current tier content with 2 weeks of play.
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

uhh... if you are comparing to live, you don't need to find a group to level, but you do need to find a group on FG to level. If you can't find a group on live, it doesn't matter. If you can't find a group on FG, you can't level... unless you're just an extreme masochist.

how is he supposed to play current content when he can't find a level 30 group... solo the next 20 levels?
    Snikkety likes this.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Complete nonsense. a handful of players went from 50-60 the first couple days of DoF, before DBG "fixed" it, but other than that, not sure how you could possibly call that plausible with a straight face.

DBG needs to make low level soloing viable asap. The game is at level 50-60, and low level groups have dried up. Even ports have dropped off significantly since DoF launch. Of course, DBG ultimately has the player metrics and data, and it's up to them to figure it out.
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Satyr Well-Known Member

I can say it, because people in my guild did it. Another guildie has gone up to 50-60 post adjustment on an alt during two weekends without potions. People in this thread and on this board want content trivialised to the point where it becomes meaningless, and that's unfortunate. If people put some effort in to their toons and didn't expect to reach level cap in isle of refuge gear with apprentice 1 spells they would have fewer problems.
    dirgenoobforreal and Draknox like this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Before they "fixed it" people were 60 in 2 hours. After, it takes about 6-8 hours. If it takes you longer, sorry that is not the games fault.

The screenshot of the Caith quote i posted will do exactly what you are asking for. If mobs are easier to kill from 1-49 it will make leveling easier and faster.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Most people who say they can not find a group are like the ones Satyr mentioned. They are either ignorant or lazy. I have personally came across lots of people that complained about finding groups and didn't even have the LFG channel active. Or others who just refuse to grab the people out of LFG channel and start their own group.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Do you even understand what you are quoting? They made a mistake last week. It will be fixed and improved on next week. If that is not good enough for you, then good riddance.
  8. Springelf Active Member

About the ports, I haven't been doing them as much since there are no ports to DoF. I figured there wouldnt be the same demand.

My main got to 60 the 2nd day. Grouping and lots of potions. Glad I got it done then. Best bang for the buck. Slowly leveling my 51 alt. What I dont want to even touch is lower level alts. I hope the changes coming to the lower levels gets ppl back to doing groups in Shattered Lands.
    Sixgauge and Ceyllynn like this.
  9. Trinity5 New Member

Do you even understand what YOU are quoting? I am well aware they made a massive change to the kill time of all levels without telling anyone, after outrage they are now adjusting it to only work from 50-60. So current content will continue to have over inflated kill time. If they were concerned about xp rates they should have change them, not increase mob kill time.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You aren't even talking about the same thing, read carefully the quote I replied to if you're going to jump in.
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

Don't you dare patronise me. I replied to exactly what you said. Get better and stop crying.
  12. Bekkr Well-Known Member

You seem mad.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Over inflated kill times on current content? What the hell you smoking? Every DoF mob still dies WAY too fast.

They aren't and haven't been concerned with XP rates. That is obvious.

Also we have no clue if the mit/hp increase to 1-49 mobs was even intentional or an accident, when they were trying to adjust DoF content.
  14. Dimek Member

I find DoF mobs kill times fine, at least for me not to fast not stupid slow either. Older content ( Shattered Lands) is hit or miss atm it seems.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  15. Dilf Member

Opening up the world bells would remedy the lack of ports. Quite frankly, druids and sorcs porting from their homes was a luxury that spoiled us, and it was pretty kind of them to do that for us. At this point with DoF being current content, it's a pain in the butt getting to the t4 and t5 zones. I'd definitely take the world bells over the inter-zone horses for quick travel.
  16. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

He gets it.

He doesn't. This kat wants to further trivialize things. Your toon's last name makes me cringe.
  17. Kindread Active Member

I just took a 3 man group into Rujark and went from 52 to 58 in 2 hours with XP pots. You can EASILY get to 60 in a full day of playing if you push it right now. Granted there is a 30% bonus, but even without it .... 6 levels in 2 hours ... yeah.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

The problem is that I can not find any other people who are interested in running the instance I am. Almost a full hour I sat in there and not a single person showed up into RoV and I was able to pull a whopping one person interested out of the LFG channel.
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

You may need to expand your search from 1 dungeon. The level range that can do RoV, could also be doing the Manastone, Shiny Brass Halbred, Guise of the Deceiver or Tomahawk HQs, Nek Castle, Condemned Catacombs, Gibblerock Hideout. If you are on the lower end of the RoV level range, it is still better to mentor down 2-3 levels and do Fallen Gate / Stormhold then to solo quest or standing around waiting for a group.

For example the last couple nights I have seen several raids forming up in CL for the PQ. Maybe roll out there and see if you can grab 3 or 4 people to run Gibblerock Hideout after the PQ, it is very close by, a zone pull for the lazy group members and has a couple quest with a good legendary cloak reward for one of them.

Are you in a guild with other people leveling up? Even if you make 1 or 2 friends with similar play times, it makes all the difference. People are much more likely to jump into a group that is 3/6 then to message a solo player.

You may also check out the
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodline_Chronicles_Timeline
    That is solid XP for duo / trio - group from 30-40

Most of the dungeons can be ran with less than an optimal group. When I leveled up my Beastlord alt a couple months ago, I made friends with a Defiler and I tanked FG, RoV and RE as a BL with them healing me and just grabbed any classes in the level range as we did it.
  20. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You aren't even talking about the same thing, read carefully the quote I replied to if you're going to jump in.
    No duh you can get from level 50 - 60 in a day with double xp. I have never disputed that.