Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you! And sorry about the escape of the grumpies. :oops:
  2. nightcrystal New Member

I am a level 95 on test and i just got the mount :)
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

that
    might need more testing then, since aparently patch on test on Fri changed some stuff. We tested it earlier in the week and the count changed when wearing the 2 hats in EITHER slot, appearance or regular. Maybe it's changed now to work only when in regular slot?

/off to try
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Lisiana and Dude like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I just got the baying at the moon achievement while wearing the snarling werewolf mask (one from the race) in appearance. So that one is working at least in the appearance slot.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

on the subject of not seeing ghosts in CL and Ant during race Ghost Hunter: CL or Antonica quest:

It happened to me when I got the quest and stepped on the starting pad without dismounting first. The timer started, I could not see ghosts, but it would add them to the progress count if by dumb luck I happened to run thru a spot where the ghosts stood, and I also could normally fly on my regular mount.

When I dismounted prior to stepping on the pad I could see ghosts
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Can't edit the other post anymore so...

after testing both hats again, they both work for achievement when worn in regular head slot OR appearance head slot, it does not matter which.
    those hats being:
    a snarling werewolf mask - won from Ghost Hunter:Commonlands or Ghost Hunter: Antonica race
    Were-Hunter's Trophy Helm - Notd merchant buy at 50 candy corn

THIS IS POSSIBLY ONLY ON TEST SERVER NOW.

Not sure what server Lisiana tried on, just hit me that possibly she tried on live?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Good morning, Niami!

Caith and I just looked this over, and there were no level requirements or level limitations placed on it. More than likely what you are seeing is the increased rarity of the mount, but all level of players have the same chance of getting it. The increased rarity was an intended change, as well as the new name (Baktor, the Voracious) and improved stats! Anyone who has Kartob, the Grandiose, will still have him.

Both Baktor and Kartob are usable by players level 35+. Both versions can be turned into house items.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Chikkin, SandsMans, and Kattana! I found the culprit. It turns out some mounts were missing a flag that noted them as such, and due to this the starting pad didn't know you were already on a mount. It was then trying to cast the new mount on you, would fail, and thus you wouldn't be able to see the ghosts. This would have become a problem with all of the holiday races, but only with certain mounts. Argh!

This should be fixed with the next update.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Chrol Developer

HP on the bottles have been further reduced. Hopefully this will turn that 19 minute run into no more than 18.5 minutes.
    Prissetta and Niami DenMother like this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I guess my "seksi ogress" is just having bad luck. After the changes, the two level 100s that I got it on managed it on throw 25 and throw 3, so 100 throws and no mount seemed ... off. I'll mug her pony and buy another stack to keep trying. And yes, the name change is what prompted me to re-check it, and I saw the lovely new stats! <3
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

:p

Although even half a minute adds up when you're working on an alt-army! ;D Gotta get more floating cribs for our free furniture giveaway dungeon on Test, after all! :D
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, the rarity has REALLY gone through the ceiling on Baktor.

Successful tests so far:
    Saturday night/Sunday morning I got one at 3 tries on one alt and another on 25 tries.

Failures:
    Since then, here's some data points, including a couple from other players
    100 tries and gave up (from Chikkin/Ennia)
    150 tries from someone else before they gave up.
    200 tries and gave up on my 96 SK
    another 100 tries and gave up on a 100 warden.

My hands hurt too much to test more - I don't think any more of my folks are getting this mount in the next couple days. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Lisiana Member

I was on test, Lissi, 100, paid account. hmm on her now trying again
  14. Lisiana Member

**update** I went and got the mask from antonica race and got the achievment using that one. It would not work for me using the one from notd vendor
  15. Kelvmor Active Member

Hi Kaitheel! Any chance you could pass on my little suggestion about the Grave Grabber Candy Dish illusions being made into Nights of the Dead Costume items from the merchant~?
  16. Lera Well-Known Member

Noooooooo! Ungettable furniture! :(
    Shmogre and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ungettable furniture? :-/

Uwk
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

Kartob. Mounts are furniture, too.
    Shmogre and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

Is there a reason that all the NOTD house pets are no-trade, and can they not be?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! They should at least be Heirloom, like the Frostfell ones. :(

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.