Any news when ToT will be F2P?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

I mean honestly i think itd be kind of nice if they gave us f2pers ToT now so those who have alot of catching up to do can get started on it. I mean last year we got AoM when the new GU came out sooooo can a dev atleast comment when we might see it unlocked?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure, in Discord, they said ToT would open for all when Stormhold hits that expansion. :rolleyes:
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Worst case, when the expansion drops in November. That's not as far off as it sounds!
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

they'll probably make rum cellar totally free at the same time given it's an 'adventure pack'.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was included for F2P along with Altar of Malice, Lucus.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

that cracked me up!
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

i checked on my alt act that has never bought any expansions, i have AOM on that account but no rum cellar, i remember they did do a promotion back then that if you bought altar of malice you'd get rum cellar with it.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Had to check it out for myself; you are right, Lucus. :p

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Rum Cellar was included for F2P along with AoM, but apparently I was reading (incorrectly) between the lines! I can zone there via the bell on a level 100 on a F2P account (no xpacs purchased) but the door is shut.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

You also can't purchase the swanky pirate garb from the merchant, either, as a friend of mine found out. Neither of us could find a way to purchase access to Rum Cellar content now.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Kander Developer

We will not be adding anything further to the F2P line-up.
  11. Nero Active Member

On the bright side, KA is on sale for 50% off right now, which means you can get ToT and KA for like 8.50 per xpac....

That's a pretty ridiculous price for the hours of fun you're having in game...
    Bella222, santargria, Siren and 2 others like this.
  12. Xevran Well-Known Member

Well, let's not get carried away here. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the whole reason they don't want to make ToT free is because they know it's considerably worse than AoM and it would decrease the chances of people buying a new expansion pack.
    Justaplayer and Scrappyz like this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

I disagree...ToT was way more fun than AoM.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Ever?
    Mizgamer62, Shmogre, Lucus and 2 others like this.
  15. Xavion Well-Known Member

well if f2pers are never getting another xpac past AoM could you guys atleast start selling us the old xpacs for super cheap like idk maybe 3-5$ or something? like I never understood why they wouldn't just keep the old xpacs for sale but for cheap not everyone wants to buy the newst xpac some people just want 1 certain xpac for cheap and if anything it makes you guys cash.Or sell the old xpacs for DBC cause i know this much if f2pers aren't getting anything past AoM im just gunna wait til PoP goes cheap cause no point of buying Ka when there is a lv cap raise in PoP plus ill supposedly get ToT,rumcellar,Ka, and PoP
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Well, right not KA is 50% off.. and it comes with ToT, so that's less then $9 for each expac..
    santargria, Beee, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  17. Senya Well-Known Member

Or wait and buy the new expansion and get all three (assuming that the new expansion actually includes the previous content).
  18. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Which won't be till next year when expansion 15 comes out, then what? Say you're going to wait for exp 16?
    F2P in EQ2 still gets far more available to them than just about any MMO out there.
    Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  19. Elinea Well-Known Member

My guess is, free-to-play is being phased out. They jumped on the bandwagon a handful of years ago when all the other games out there went ftp, and the Freeport server was pretty successful, but that's slowed down to a trickle now, I'd bet.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

That's my guess as well. I'd think that paid membership makes it easier to predict revenue.
    Mizgamer62, Bella222 and santargria like this.