Moving Characters between Accounts

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Heijo, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Heijo Member

Is it still possible to move a character from one account to another (both owned by the same player)?

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this: no mention in the Marketplace or on the DBG website.

Who would one approach about doing this?
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Shmogre, santargria and Dude like this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

Yah, Prisetta's link has the information

I've been wrestling with this for a few months now whether I want to transfer a character from one of my accts.

The issue I'm wrestling with is whether the price tag is worth it or do I just create a new toon and level it up.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I recently moved two character from one account to two different accounts. It was quick and painless. But the article shown above is not complete. You must make sure that both accounts have identical information on them and most importantly you must 'verify' both accounts. Verification involves the email address you are using and can be done from within your account management page.Also, the money to transfer must be in your account. DO NOT buy a transfer token!!!!!. It will not be used, and they usualy won't refund your money for it.

Also for the move to be successful you should prep your character for the move by making sure in-game email is cleared using the command /mail_clear. Get gear repaired, leave your guild, and leave your character in a big city, not an instanced zone. Although this is not specifically required nowadays, it was in the past and may help to avoid certain issues with the transfer.

To sum up: You must have the exact same name on the accounts, the exact same billing information, the exact same email, both accounts must be verified. And you must prep your character.
    Prissetta and santargria like this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

And don't forget to save your houses layouts before the move!!!!! If your house gets lost, it will save the day!
    Prissetta and santargria like this.
  6. Alienicon Member

I would like to ask a question about this also. If i move a toon to another account, what about Vet rewards? i.e CoV etc. Will I get to keep them? Speaking of CoV will they ever add that to the loyalty merchant also? Cause I somehow don't think this game will last another 8 years.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

If you move to an acct that has the same vet rewards, they you keep them

If you move to an acct that doesn't, you lose them

Another move you can make is from a non vet acct to a vet acct and pickup some nice vet awards!
    Prissetta likes this.