Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

Quite true, but I did say best event, not 3rd best :)
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ahh! I can see that, yeah; there would be way too many Farmers there if that were the case. /nod

Uwk
    Kaitheel and Dude like this.
  3. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

Yes, but you must be on Luclin when doing so. Consult the kind lil fellas at gnomeland security for Tinkered Rocketship of Explosive Delight. (Return trip not guaranteed) ;)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But there's an Achievement for that! :D

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    who does like the chests, give ya that... ;)
    Dude likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can live without the mob spawn! :D

Seriously, for my money, that would be the best solution to any XP Farmers out there... ;->

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

HEY! No flame wars! :D

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  8. Chrol Developer

Niami reminded me that the patch is in (thanks Niami!) so you all should be able to complete the Abandoned Mansion now. It's possible you may be on a stage of the quest that's not updating the mansion when you enter it, however (that's in another fix). If that's the case, just delete the quest and look for the spirit again to restart it.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Spirit, or the Waiting Horse? After I'd bailed, I keep tripping over the horse in different city zones now, both Qeynos and New Halas so far. Poor patient thing, still waiting to carry me off... :)

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You can delete the quest, and go digging for the spirit again to get the quest. I just tested it successfully on one who was stuck. If the instance is still in your Persistent Instances (alt-z), reset the timer there as well before you try to do the quest again.
    Cyrrena, Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! I haven't jumped on the Horse again (my poor Fury's still a little gun-shy [rat-shy?]), so I didn't know if that would work again. But thanks for the tip! :)

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  12. Dyeana Active Member

I finished the mansion. Only thing I could comment is it is not intutitively obvlious to the most casual observer (<== Me) which room I should drag the ghost to. There are more than one response to each memory, Ie. did one twice with diferent responses from the ghost.

Even got my spider familiar. Might try some of the other zones later.

Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I went by her buff status and ignored her verbalizations - there's only one choice that way, the one that matched up with the memory in your quest journal when you were collecting them.

I made a "spoiler" at the very bottom of the NoTD preview, so to help folks remember which memory goes with which item and which room to find it in that helps, since it is easy to mix the 5 of them up even after running the instance on more than one alt. http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q316&menustr=080000000000
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

I created a F2P account and used a toon from there to throw at my "real" toon. It's annoying, but it works. Another option is to get with a friend/guildie and throw at each other.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!!! :D :cool::)

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or has the old, hoary quest "There Will Be Ghosts" been changed? When I went to fight Sarkon the first time in the music room, he suddenly brought up "a grave sacrament," which was backup I don't remember him having in prior years (the bloody bats are bad enough)...and he trotted one out in the last basement fight, too. :-/

Also, in the past I've done much better in this quest with a Fury/Warden than I've done with a Templar/Inquisitor (well, largely 'cause the "plate"-wearing Priests have been pretty useless soloing, but still), or even a Wizzie, but this time, it seemed as though my merely Hand- and Master-crafted gear wasn't enough. :-/

EDIT: Fought my doppelganger, which is still an easier fight than Sarkon alone; go fig'...but "I" had "a grave sacrament"?? This is getting ridiculous... :confused:

Uwk
    trying to remember what adventuring class Sarkon's supposed to be...Shadowknight?
    Dude likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also, I know it's way too late for this year (perhaps...), but can we please, please, PLEASE get that blasted "No-Value" tag taken off the Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate [whatever] pieces so we can at least vendor-sell the extra bits...? :(

Even I can't create alts fast enough to keep up with that... :-/

Uwk
    Alenna, Dude and Prissetta like this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

Deleteed the quest. ran through it again. upon entering the instance I wanted to make sure I'd kill the trash mobs while I was getting the updates for the items used during the fight upon entering the bar area Furious spirit had spawned before I finished getting all the updates(is that intended). I immediately zoned out and rezoned in finished getting the updates and finished the fight. she was at 22% with one bottle left to destroy upon destroying that bottle quest was updated and I got my reward.

P.S. there were three of my bodies in the bar. during fight. If I recall I forgot to check my persistne zones and reset that so that may be something worth looking into and reminding people to do if they have to delete the quest and start over again.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is what I did last year. Made hubby just park his character in the bakery in North Qeynos and I lobbed 1000 pumpkins at him and made him loot them.

Then I stood there and he lobbed 100 at me, he is not a persistent as I am and he is not a completionist so he didn't care about the achievement.

Cyrrena
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did you at least get a chance to finish your collections? ;->

Uwk
    Dude and Prissetta like this.