Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test server!

Nights of the Dead brings goblins and ghoulies out from the shadows. Those inclined to celebrate the holiday through crafting will find a new book of recipes full of new house items being sold by official event merchants. And those feeling more adventurous can hunt ghosts in Antonica, and the Commonlands, or investigate the multiple haunted locations! Grab a shovel and dig up a ghoulish good time in any of the decorated cities! As always, tricks and treats are the name of the game!

New Features for '17!
    • TLE Servers
      • Fallen Gate - A special holiday merchant located in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District sells holiday items.
      • Stormhold - All of the event is active, except a lost necklace cannot be looted from A Gleaming Chest in The Hedge Hollow.
    • New events!
      • Wake the Dead – Grab a shovel and scare up some tricks or treats in the cities!
    • New quest!
      • Broken Mirrors – Repeatable once, per year
    • New Collection!
      • Frightfully Frosted Cupcakes (added to Pumpkin Bomb)
    • New achievements!
      • Baying at the Moon [series]
      • Calcified skeleton kills [series] - Boneafied Threat / Dead Wringer / Skeleton Crew
      • Wake the Dead
    • New costume illusions available from holiday merchants!
      • Gooblin
      • Sarnak Skeleton
    • The Nights of the Dead merchants have new things to sell!
      • Celebrations of the Dead X
      • New house items!
      • New Petamorph Wands!
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail informs everyone of the event!
    • Achievements!
      • Candy Crusher
      • Closet Full of Skeletons
      • Tricky Treats
      • Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
      • Nights of the Dead Devotee
    • Collections!
      • A Swinging Wake
      • The Hollow Hedge Collection
      • Crunchy Candied Crickets
      • Deadly Remnants
      • Frightfull Fabric
      • Ghoulish Masks
      • The Great Haunt
    • Events!
      • Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest.
      • Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
      • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains
      • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest!
      • Calcified skeletons spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest.
      • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
      • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
    • Candy drops!
      • Including creatures in KA
    • Quests!
      • "A Dream, By Any Other Name"
      • "Survive the Night"
      • "The Haunting"
      • "This Won't End Well..."
      • "There Will Be Ghosts"
      • "A Nightmarish Illness"
      • "A Nightmarish Return"
    • Races!
      • Ghost Hunter: Commonlands
      • Ghost Hunter: Antonica
    This event content is currently set to run 10/6/17 through 11/2/17 on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

thanks for giving test free fast travel! <3
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel. If you have outdone yourself like Tinkerfest 2017, NoTD will be outstanding.

Cyrrena
  4. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

+1 and woot at the best seasonal event, NoTD! :D
  5. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

nice! can't wait! :D
  6. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

i'm guessing that the free fast travel is what bugged the housing HoF fast travel? none are visable now in housing and leaderboards area.

for those not on isle of refuge wondering what free fast travel means, open your map on test and click the orange icon in the upper right. it normally costs dbc but is free thus far on IoR and now Test, this perk is most likely restricted to members only, i will test on one of my unpaid accts later as well. :)
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was the free travel or something else, but as Leonitas said, the housing leaderboards are utterly blank with nothing in any category. I went to my tiny crafting house to check, and the house thought it was still published. Publishing and unpublishing did nothing. Housing leaderboards are still displaying nothing.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just to be sure this is as-intended - while gravedigging, the stuff that you spawn is no xp. However, if you interact with one of the woken spirits and get it to fight you, then you get xp for that mob?
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

ok bug with broken mirror's quest got the spirit to the bar fight after having to guess on the last to memories because no emotes came and it said got them right. then I killed all the bottles in the bar and got her down to 22% and then went around for 10 minutes and 1 healing potion until i gave up and exited the instance to try again. missed one memory but didn't die so clicked on correct memory after that finished memories got her to the bar destroyed all bottles again and she stuck at 22% again. left came in a third time and made no mistakes on the memory. destroyed all the bottles again stuck at 22% on spirit and no end in site to the fight. i'm going to let myself die more later when I finaly do. Dying didn't work same thing as before. character name is Sylvanni she is a woodelf ranger.

Oh and when you die and revive the choices are outside or inside the haunted mansion clicking on inside haunted mansion sends you to the haunted mansion in Loping Plains when you leave the haunted mansion sends you back to the broken mirror zone. chosing outside haunted mansion puts you back besides the horse.
    Dude likes this.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Welcome launchpad was blank for me, as well as the leaderboards. Nothing for sale/adverts/nothing in that screen showed up.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

From examining the reward box, the Deadly Terra Widow familiar from the gravedigging has no stats associated with it.
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The revive point if you die in the new Abandoned Mansion sends you to the Haunted Mansion (or something of the sort) ... I'm just the messenger on this one as I've not tackled it yet. I got that from several folks, though, who all then admitted they'd not put in a /bug about it. {steals back virtual cookies that she gave to testers}
    Dude likes this.
  13. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

thus far it would appear premium is not required for free fast travel on test, not sure if intended or not. was free for the 2 premium and 1 f2p accts i tested with thus far.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Description on examine window for Putrescent Slime Cube mentions wrong name ( Dedicated jack o lantern)

quickly adding I'm loving digging. might spend a month running around city and digging
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

[BUG]
    Quest - Broken Mirror
    submitted a /bug -- I am stuck on A Furious Spirit at 22%. Have killed all bottles and still no damage/quest update.
    Have exited and re-entered, re did zone multiple times, all stop at 22% and don't complete quest.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

oops forget to say sylvanni is level 96
    Dude likes this.
  17. Chrol Developer

What level is your character?
  18. Xianthia Well-Known Member

level 100, troub
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

successfuly completed Broken Mirror on lvl 94 and 82, both were mentored down to do it
  20. Jasym Member

I'm also stuck on Furious Spirit at 23% - Broken Mirrors Quest. So far I've tried it from Freeport with a level 100 bruiser and from Qeynos with a level 100 Conjy. I was able to play around with it more with the conjy since she is geared better and has the pet.

When I run out of the bar to another room to find the memory to debuff the spirit, I can't keep pet on the spirit, otherwise it locks me in the room with the memory and the spirit and pet are elsewhere in the mansion. Is this intended?

At 26% (seems to be the mechanic) she returns to the bar and we have to kill spirits trapped in bottles. Twenty-some bottles spawn and once I kill these the Furious Spirit's health goes down to 23%. It makes no difference if I keep pet on her and I kill the bottles or if pet helps me kill the bottles. She only goes down 3% hp for all the bottles.

I tried keeping pet on the Furious Spirit after I killed all the bottles and running back through the zone to see if I could target anything or find anything more to click on, but there was nothing new. I finally gave up and zoned out.
    Dude likes this.