Decorator Introductions

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Are you a homeowner looking for a decorator on your server?
    Are you a decorator looking for a way to offer your services? Or to showcase your resume?

Well that's what this thread is for!

Decorators, you can add your information (Decorator Name, Server(s), links to albums or sites, and whether or not you are currently taking commissions.) in the thread and I will add them to the OP.

This will hopefully make it easier for homeowners to find a decorator that suits them, until a more permanent solution can be put in place.

I'll get the ball rolling with my own resume, in the first comment. :)

List of Decorators :

(Names are linked to their albums or website.)

Shanette (Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Halls of Fate, Antonia Bayle)
    Wizzam (Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Halls of Fate, Antonia Bayle)
    Kianneoftroi (Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Thurgadin, Antonia Baye)
    Ratbill (Skyfire)
    Ealdian (Skyfire)
    Baeletha (Skyfire)
    Ethini (Halls of Fate)
    Rotheki (Halls of Fate)
    Uwkete (Thurgadin, Halls of Fate, Test, Maj'Dul)
    Febrith (Thurgadin)
    Kenana (Maj'Dul)
    Ratbill, Trixwynter, Ethini and 4 others like this.
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

4. kianne Well-Known Member

Decorator Name : Kianneoftroi
    Server(s) : Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Thurgadin, Antonia Bayle
    Do I take commissions? : Depends :D

My resume :

SKYFIRE
    Llamedos guild village Notd2016 (SF)
    Katerins vampiric estate (SF)
    Llamedos guild hall (SF)
    Aneylii Xmas gift (SF)
    Aneylee GNG17 (SF)
    Lunarosa manor GnG17 (SF)
    Covonia chestykoff tailors emporium (SF) (no video as yet)
    Reagle and calm (SF)
    Hobbiton by the Sea (SF)
    Troi manor (SF)
    Indianna jones and the temple of doom (SF)
    Prettyflyz fairytail museum (SF)
    Hocus pocus house (SF)
    The Grinch House (SF)
    Santas coming to town (SF)
    LLamedos Guild hall (SF) Revamped
    Jumanji house (SF)

MAJ'DUL
    Castle Black (MD)Shanettes tour<< / >>Oakys video tour on MD<<
    Lake Town (MD)
    Kiannes MD home (MD)
    Castle BLack (MD)
    Indianna Jones and the temple of doom (MD) (maryjanes home)

ANTONIA BAYLE
    Nibootas Dhalgar home (AB)
    Doodles (AB)

THURGADIN
    Keegans home (thurgadin)
    The hocus pocus house (DEV PIC) (Febriths house)

all links to video tours on each individual items

Kindest regards
    Kianne
    Ethini, Ocarinah, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Darlin', where's your list? :-/

I haven't made any videos of my stuff (Niboota has made a couple); should I do links to thread posts here?

Uwk
    who has a few Carpies here and there...and more folks who just participated in events, but had their items made by my Carpies ;->
    Trixwynter, Moena, Ethini and 2 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My level 100 Carpies:

Vdova (Halls of Fate)
    Pirupoika (Maj'Dul; okay, fine, he's only 97, but he's working on it; he's the only Good-aligned one, and only Male...odd... o_O)
    Spiritmaker (Test)
    Ratta (Thurgadin)

Usually, none of us do much with decorating at all except for special events... :oops: I'm not exactly what you'd call a "typical" decorator by any means, and outside of random swaps, I'm not sure who'd want anything by me (except for maybe Quiarrah on Thurgadin, bless her heart, but with Feb joining us, hopefully she'll have more options! :D At least she likes my stuff, no matter how weird). ;->

Uwk
    Trixwynter, Moena, Febrith and 5 others like this.
  7. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Decorator Name: Wizzam (Wizette on AB)
    Servers: Maj'Dul, Antonia Bayle, Halls Of Fate and Skyfire
    Do I take commissions? No, generally I do not. I did for a very long time and became burned out. Now I decorate for events and friends only.

My Resume:
    I am lazy and ever so thankful for my amazing friend Shanette who set up and has been maintaining a web site for my work. I can't seem to remember what I ate for breakfast, much less keep track of which house I did or even where it is lol. Between 5 accounts and tons of alts, I'd be so lost! So, Shan let me know if this is cheating and I'll sit down and make a legit list, but my signature is my resume list. If you click on it, you can see beautiful photos and video tours taken of each home I've worked on, including some that I helped with. I'll post the link, just in case my signature is being a stinker.

http://wizzamsgallery.weebly.com/ My Portfolio Website (Thanks to Shanette)
    An older home I've done, but no longer have access to due to person no longer playing.

Some of my older work is not linkable nor tourable due to problems with photobucket and people moving around servers. I've decorated under the following names: Feanix, Calysee, Shayleh and Kyrah on Maj'Dul.
    All homes on the website should be accessible with rent paid up. If not, please come find me and throw something heavy at me. I'd be glad to fix the problem!
    Thanks!
    Trixwynter, Moena, Febrith and 5 others like this.
  8. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am Ealdian, but you can call me Eli.

I play on the Skyfire server and really enjoy creating things no one has ever seen before. Here is a list of homes I've designed in order of creation date. (I'll try to add links to whatever tours are available...if I can figure out how.) All of them are on the Skyfire server.

Scream Dream
    Frostfell Shoppes and Candy Factory
    The Unobfuscatory Lookarounder Laboratory (Dev's Picks)
    Garden and Chapel of Tunare
    The Village of Pie

I have also collaborated with Aneylee on a few of her designs. Mostly I do the grunt work for her.

I like telling a story and using a lot of humor in my designs. Happy to work with anyone.
    Moena, santargria, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, that's me as well; dunno if Eli NEEDS a story to be useful at all, but I know it helps me immensely. :)

Uwk
    who might've confused Ealdian with Elduren at one point... :oops:
    Trixwynter and Moena like this.
  10. Ethini Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Ethini, I play on Halls of Fate.

I am also lazy, but all of my stuff should be able to be found by looking through stuff I've posted on :D
    I don't take commissions, I have no idea where to begin anyway, but I am always happy to help with anything that I am able to.
    My decorating style, I guess, could be described as traditional living spaces, on the somewhat upscale side.
    I prefer working with smaller spaces.
    Trixwynter, Prissetta, Moena and 2 others like this.
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to answer this thread for ages but realised I don't have a list of my currently published houses and was too busy (lazy) to do an up-to-date check:)

I decorate on the Thurgadin server for myself and for friends and am not taking commissions as present.. I'm not sure I have a style as such but I'm happiest working in the garden. I think all of my homes have been toured by Mesdames Oaky and Shanette (and some of those are no longer published) and can be seen on my Youtube channel or my website (link in signature below).

Those currently published are:-

Febrith -
    Feb's Acorn Breakout
    Feb's Fine Fasthold
    Feb's Fancy Frostfell Hideaway
    Feb's Tricksey Hobbit Home
    Feb's Erollis Love Shack and Gardens
    Feb's La Maison Derriere
    Feb's Temple of the Faceless
    Feb's Faydark Ministry of War
    Feb's Last of the Snows
    Feb;s Estate of Unrest Hotel
    Feb's Happy House of Heartbinding
    Feb's Garden for All Seasons
    Feb Breaks Bad - The 9 Circles of Hell
    Feb's Fine Furnishings (broker house)

Febatrix
    Feb's The Green House
    (FGW) Feb's Wonderland Department Store
    Feb's Central Park
    Feb's Fae Frozen Frontier

Febrimski
    Feb's The Blue House
    Feb's Darklight Palace & Gardens
    Rimski's One for the Boys
    Rimski's Regal Residence
    Feb's Island Haven

There are a number of others owned by random Feb's that are still published:-

Feb's The Lake House
    Feb's Dhalgar Lighthouse
    Feb's Qeynos Cottage Hospital
    Feb's Desert Oasis Spa
    Feb's Sunken Cities
    Feb's Red House
    Feb's Unseen Botanical Research Library
    Shanette's Garden of Friends

I think that's the lot!

12. Ethini Well-Known Member

I don't know why I can't figure out how to edit a post here. Senior moment perhaps?
    Here is a list of my currently published homes, broken down by owner. No links (I just feel older by the minute here)
    All are on the Halls of Fate server.

Ethini
    Ethini's 2nd Floor Walk-Up
    Ethini's Dreams of Marrakech
    Ethini's Hidden Village
    Ethini's Solace
    Ethini's HQ v2
    Ethini's Priorities

Sojou
    Sojou's Quaint Qeynos B&B
    New Halas Cottage
    Maj'Dul Mod
    Maison du Chat
    Sojou's Sales Crate (literally just a sales crate and guild hall door)

Dynnae
    Chalet au Soleil
    Qeynos Mini-Mansion
    Dynnae's Wee House

Seknu
    Savage Manor
    Freeport Condominium
    Tiny Crimson Castle
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

What a fun video of a gorgeous house - I'm so glad it's preserved for posterity so that even if we can't visit in person we can still see the amazing work that went into that place!
    Trixwynter, Spextasy, Wizzam and 2 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or it could be like my situation with Firefox; even when you find the link that says "Edit" at the bottom of a completed post, you may have to right-click on it and open it in another page or whatever ("Open link in new tab") to actually edit it. There was one brief, shining moment when Firefox actually let me just click on it and edit it right there, but it soon went back to its default behavior of "No sir! I don't like it!" and forced me to dance through a few hoops again. :-/

Uwk
    Trixwynter and Moena like this.
  15. Kenana Well-Known Member

16. Spextasy Well-Known Member

List updated. :)
  17. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Decorator: Rotheki on Halls of Fate

I currently only decorate for myself but am always willing to help out anyone looking for help crafting. I also don't mind giving feedback or helping someone decorate their place. I am working on finishing up a house to request for a tour (my first one that I've done soley for me! eek). I place everything by hand because the layout editor makes absolutely no sense to me (have tried and just can't do it).
    I prefer to work in smaller homes and am working on different factions to get more recipes/ability to buy items.

I'll update once I get that first one completed.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got JesDyr's Layout Editor and Sennen's OpenSource Editor (link to Sennen's forum entry here), and they both have their uses (especially if I need to move something precisely, but in a northwest or southeast direction, for example; JesDyr's is brilliant for that), but I still mostly use the in-game Decorator Mode, hand placement, and the good ol' Notepad Method, which works just fine if you remember one thing: the first three numbers on an item's line with decimal points are nothing more than map coordinates, like what you'd get using /loc in game.

Big scary numbers like:

are nothing more than:

(you can always reduce the size of the numbers to something less scary; generally, the only one who'll notice at all is the computer ;->)

The three decimal numbers after that are just the angles for Pitch, Rotate, and Roll, like what you'd use with Decorator Mode in-game, and are usually like 0.00000000 (zero degrees, maybe flat if it's a Floor or Ceiling item) or 90.00000000 (90 degrees, or straight up and down). Anything that isn't somewhere close to those, but maybe weird like 137.54321012, probably means it's been Rotated or turned on its axis and isn't "looking" directly at you. If you want to change these so that you can see a result before the next ice age sets in, change the numbers by like 10 or 15 at a time, since angles are teeny.

The decimal number after all that excitement has calmed down, the very last one, is just the size number, and it usually only goes up to like 6.00000000 or 12.00000000 at the most. Putting any numbers after a 0 and a point, like 0.50000000, will reduce the size (in this case, by half), as will using a negative number, like -5.00000000.

Easy! :D

(Well, except for the very first two numbers on a given line, the numbers that don't have decimal points; those are the ID numbers, at least in Notepad. Don't mess about with those in Notepad, I'm not sure what would happen. Apparently, you can mess about with them in the fancier Layout Editors, but I'm afraid to do that myself, so I don't. :-/)

Uwk
  19. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

You know the teacher in Peanuts how you cant understand the teacher? This is like that. You could have been explaining nuclear physics to me that is how complicatedmthat seems to me. I'm not stupid but I have a learning disability in math. I made up for it in my english literature classes (not grammar though).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can sympathize; did better in the language use on the SATs than the math... :)

Uwk
    Trixwynter likes this.