DoF Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm confused what the intended results of the beta are.

To begin, here is my feedback within the first thirty minutes of playing!:

All players start with adept spells, not even experts, nor are we given the option to master out our toons. It's apparent you reused the coding from the heroic toons as those give adept spells and just made it apply to level 60. That leaves the spells from 51-60 all at adept quality which severely diminishes the balance

None of the level 60 raid gear was put on merchants for players to actually look at the items and give feedback on, instead we are required to go on outside resources, find the items, then link them to even begin to provide feedback.

The gear that we are given from the merchant has not been properly adjusted to follow the itemization fixes that have happened on vanilla/dof that completely inflates stats to a point that it's impossible to test anything because of the sheer amount of power our toons have. Sure, we can require every player to go through and farm up gear a week before the actual expansion is going to launch on live where they will have to once again farm it, but for 90% of my guild they would believe its a waste of time to go and farm heroic gear before we raid on beta. This really ties in with the above post, if you intend for their to be a "heroic" set of armor or a set amount of gear we can get as stepping stone to raiding please put it on the merchant.

Developers are not on the server actually running raid content or answering questions/responding to feedback and testing on beta with us. I was instructed to email Kander a list of issues assuming that they will get fixed in the WEEK before the server actually moves forward on Fallen Gate.

Seeing as how a feedback post has not been made on the TLE Forum section nor has a specific beta section of the forums been added please use this post to provide feedback!

Thank you.
    jessejames likes this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The tank sets don't have defensive stats at all. Making raid content incredibly hard to do
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Please give us unlimited station cash like previous beta's so we can get mounts/upgrade spells. Thank you.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Please give us status so we can buy signets/mounts that require status. Thank you.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The scout beta buff bauble is missing both a helmet and pants and comes without any ammo.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

If only there was a way to /bug or /feedback within the game so devs could get a list to work through...

oh wait.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Using that tool gets you nowhere, and this facilitates collaboration between multiple people to achieve the best feedback.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Guardian Sphere: Please revert this back to the old style of the guardian having the first part of the spell 25% chance to get stoneskin every hit and the second part giving the group a 50% chance but not working on fighters.

Moderate: Fix this from allowing two tank avoids to be stacked on one tank.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

To add on to what Adoninlol posted, with the poorly itemized gear provided from the NPC and not being able to copy characters. Proper feedback and testing can not be done.
  10. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Heroics still not dropping decent gear or any gear at all.

Can't upgrade 51-60 spells.

No way to check raid gear, no raid gear merchant like we usually have on test/beta.
    Gear bauble for scouts lacks ammo, helmet and pants.
    Tank gear seems totally out of whack? I do not see defensive stats.

Stats on gear is too weak in general. Either that is how they want the server to run, or the gear from baubles have not been revamped to be better/on par with the current FG Shattered Lands drops.

/beta seems to only work sporadically.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Did you run any instances? I didn't bother, if you look at the eq2u loot tables for all of them they added in quite a few nice fabled items to a lot of the zones however as far as majority of pieces go its gonna be pretty whack a mole.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

"Buff boxes will be revised with proper loot sometime tomorrow, hopefully. Bunch of stuff was mislabeled and made its way into the boxes in error."

This was said on discord, can we get both the official forums AND discord responded to if changes are going to occur going forward?
    Bekkr likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Even if the fabled items have low % chance to drop, they are only 90 minute lock outs.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

6 Hours later, my toons from live have still not transfered over to the beta.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The Hidden Cache doesn't have a revive point in the zone and its still an 18 hour lockout instead of a 1:30hour.
  16. Begeast Member

That these are even issues at 'beta launch' does not bode well.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. jessejames Active Member

Yea testing with adept spells is insane. I killed a bunch of non instance names with a buddy and ended up with one 1 wood box and ended up being a fabled cloth hat that I honestly don't consider an upgrade from my Crown/eye patch. Our guild is supposed to do a test raid tonight but without proper means to test I don't see the point much
  18. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

/beta still seems to still not work properly. Guildies have been waiting 10 hours for a char copy.
  19. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

the forums gave me spasm so my posts are bugged lmao.
  20. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

triple post dont hate me. remove em please mods :(