Travels of Yun-Zi week 6 bugged, unable to complete

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sinhika, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Quest is bugged--only level 90 adventurers can complete it, due to Skyshrine zone-in requirement. Nowhere were the Travels of Yun-Zi listed as for high-level adventurers ONLY; in fact, they have a lot of rewards for any level decorators. Being unable to complete Week 6 stops all progression on this series, as they (supposedly) have to be done in order. Please fix this bug.
    Crastinal likes this.
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

Have you tried going to SS from the Withered area?

I believe you can get through there at lower levels - I know you can't use the portal at lower level.
  3. CrimsonAvenger New Member

If by "Withered area", you mean the Droag in the village with the gryphons, then, yes, I've tried that. He tells me words to the effect of "you're too wimpy to be useful, so sod off and don't bother me".

Note that the toon in question was an 81 Ranger. So the lower limit (if it's lower than 90) is higher than 81.
    Crastinal likes this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Actually I'm referring to Withered Lands - that is the actual entrance to Skyshrine.

You get there from Thurgadin Harbor, and take the griffon to Withered Lands - you then travel to the far end of the zone where there is a Dracurion Flight Master which will take you to Skyshrine.

No Droags there that I'm aware of anyway - all Draconians
  5. Crastinal Active Member

From Alivan (the name of the village at the far end of Withering Lands, that is not easily accessible by low levels, btw) the Dracurion Flight Master (who is a droag, that's the race of the NPC) does not allow anyone below level 90 to fly to Skyshrine, so OP and CrimsonAvenger are right.

A kinda cheaty way to circumvent it if you still have an empty character slot is to create a temporary heroic character only for this one step of the quest. It does work, because the quest is account-wide. I have no idea if it is okay with the devs, though.
    Lateana and santargria like this.
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Quoting myself from another thread for visibility:

This wasn't intentional, and the team is currently discussing how to go about tweaking this. In the meantime, the suggested workaround is to create a free heroic player to complete the quest. Since the currency you get from Yun Zi is account wide, you'll still be able to redeem the rewards as desired.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Perhaps, because someone may or may not have an empty character slot to do so, you can make the zone - temporarily (as in, until the end of the quest event) - open to all levels? Surely that's an easy tweak for the programmers to make.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

It would probably be easier to put the update for the quest either at the spot where the Dracurion Flight Master droag is located and either have it a large area that extends from there to the current zone in update area or perhaps let either spot update it.