IoR: A special server...lets make it really special

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

And that is the beauty of it all, you don't have to move anything, you are free to choose to go or to stay. You make your own choices.
    Raff likes this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

You have yet to address the question posed to you several times: Why should paying customers have to choose?

Why should all paying customers not be offered the same benefits?

No one has suggested IoR be denied bonuses above and beyond their special rule set, just that all paying customers be treated equitably - for the benefit of the entire game. The same can't be for those on IoR.

Again. What are you advocating for beyond favored status and treatment of a handful of players on a single server?
    Rhodris, Mizgamer62 and Castegyre like this.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

Once again, it makes no sense to tell people "If you want the perks, pack up 40-50+ people and move on over!!! Stop complaining that we get more perks for our same priced sub!"

No one is asking to take things away from IoR, they're asking that the perks be added to ALL paying customers. You're defending that no one but IoR get the perks because it makes you feel special. You are the exact wrong type of person to have in any type of community, you need the entitlements to make you feel better about yourself. If IoR paid more for their sub, I would completely understand, and would complain a lot less, but that is not the case. So please stop with the empty defense.
  4. Nelie Well-Known Member

Those defending IoR, can you honestly tell me you wouldn't be upset if AB/Maj'Dul/Skyfire/HoF/Thurg got this special treatment and not IoR?

I mean, putting it this way, I don't even play on IoR and I would wonder why not all Live servers got this. This is awesome that IoR got these bonuses, but what would it hurt for all the other live servers to get this?
    Rhodris, Mermut and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Kristabella Well-Known Member

It is what it IS. Either play it or don't your call. It's the same few people over and over complaining about a bigger slice of pie. I didn't care for it when FG was launched and they got the lure of free stuff for all your toons on other servers. But you deal with it. It took a lot of people not only away from IoR, but from AB and other servers as well. Where was all that crying, and wanting those free things on their servers, too?

TWO other IoR threads have been closed already from the hate mongers. Try for a third? If you don't want to move, don't. If you do want to move do. Your choice, your call. They can't please all the people all of the time. I wasn't pleased with the FG thing, but that is what they gave them, so be it. And for all of you who keep saying IoR will fail, then what are you worried about? For heaven sakes, let it roll on and fail, and you can sit by and watch the server implode, and point yer fingers and laugh as everyone from that server does the walk of shame to another server. Problem solved, you will have the last laugh on us, and be happy for it. Good for you.

*** Small note: When the 25% bonus kicks in it will only cost $3.75 for a transfer token to IoR, or Roll for Free. Cheers!!!

I can honestly tell you, I wouldn't give a damn, not my server doesn't impact me. (From my perspective) You can go on all you want how it affects you, I am telling you for me, it wouldn't impact me. I would go on playing with my friends, my guild and my family. And if I CHOSE to go there I would buy a token and go or roll a new toon there. simple as that.
    Raff likes this.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

Fair enough. So if this doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother you that the rest of the live servers ask for the same membership perks, right? Many are wondering why only 1 live server got perks but the rest didn't. From another standpoint, it would help more than just IoR bring back more people to the game (maybe not tons of people but few more per server, the better).
    Rhodris, Mermut and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Why do you not see that you "were" offered the same choice as all subscribed players? You can choose to play on any Live or Special Rules Server you wish. Whether you make that choice (or not) is up to you only.
    Kittybock and Kristabella like this.
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Ask away.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

Again, it is a regurgitation of the same answer and fails to address the topic that is actually being discussed.

You have and do already receive the benefit of your special rule set server.

Please explain how adding extra bonuses for subscribers that already receive their special bonuses benefits the entire game.

If you want to contribute something useful to the conversation, then explain what it is that you are actually advocating for, rather than reiterate points, ad nauseam, that have already been addressed or countered.

We are proposing that all paying customers be treated equitably. What are you asking proposing?
    Rhodris, Mizgamer62 and Castegyre like this.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

Again, you seem to think that the tens of customers on IoR are the only ones that have ever asked for issues with their server to be addressed, are the only ones that documented those issues and requests.

And again, you fail to actually be honest about your position.

We want equitable treatment.

You want favoritism, even if it means further degradation of the game and community - ESPECIALLY on IoR.
    Castegyre and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Argue in one thread - it gets locked, argue about the same thing in newer thread - it gets locked, argue about the same thing again in yet another thread - beating a dead horse before the thread also gets locked.

Pretty sure "da powers that be" have seen the arguments from both sides by now, and that y'all can give it a rest.
    Castegyre likes this.
  12. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Are you complaining about regurgitating things the same as you are regurgitating your opinions....LOL Priceless. We consider your answers fails as well. So, like i said that is your opinions and you are entitled to them. No need to keep rehashing it out. We just disagree. Your side thinks they are right and my side thinks they are right. There is really NOTHING more to discuss here. It's all been said on both sides of this issue. Take it to discord and ask them there. They don't really come here other than to police the civility or lack of it, on the forums. So, by all means, go voice your opinions and outrage LIVE, and let's see what happens. Maybe something, maybe nothing. Who knows.
  13. Castegyre Well-Known Member

This conversation has actually been over for quite a while now in my opinion. No one is going to 'win' a discussion against a few people who are just regurgitating the same talking points over and over again while effectively ignoring what others are saying. And, to be fair, it doesn't matter if anyone does 'win'. Aside from some personal vindication it means nothing. I agree, the people who make the decisions have already done so and no amount of wheel spinning on the forums is likely to change that. Though it might give some people room for a few 'I told you so's' down the road.
    Xakrein, Rhodris and Tekka like this.
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

No. I have seen few complaints on this side of the discussion, despite your attempt to be dismissive and insulting because you actually have no valid point to make.

This 'side' has brought up several concerns that relate to all customers across all servers. Your 'side' has avoided giving a clear answer to the questions posed to them, and instead throw out false equivalencies and made snide comments.

Your 'side' has presented no reason other than - We want it. We deserve it because. And you don't. We don't care if the game suffers as long as we 'win'.

I would have more respect for the other side if you were just honest about it, instead of pretending this is somehow beneficial to the entire game. It'd still be bad, but at least it would be honest.

You are correct, though. No need to continue the discussion. Your 'side' lost as soon as they failed to present a counter based on anything more than 'mah special feels'.

Edit: And if you read what I've actually posted, you would also see that I - and others - have brought up concerns about how this revolving door 'gimme eternal ethereals and free access to gear' is going to have a detrimental impact on YOUR server, as well as our own. You're welcome for that.
    Rhodris and Castegyre like this.
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

And before this does get locked, I agree with Tekka. I just wanted to make that 100% clear.
    Castegyre likes this.
  16. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I 100% don't. Like either means anything here.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Obviously...
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

Its not like we all started on IoR. Almost everyone here has been playing for years. We have guildies from all the servers. Many of us moved lock, stock & barrel from AB for the IoR launch to experience the run up to max again. Left a fully maxed GH that I still have toons in. That I still play occasionally. I have toons on SH & Fallen Gate.

My point is that I understand the varying rule sets for all the servers in question. And I exercise my sub given rights to roll a toon on all of them while being fully aware of the pros & cons of each.
  19. rutro Well-Known Member

There is hardly anything on the broker on IOR. Complete failure.
  20. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'd still advocate for the benefit of the game, no matter what, but it's nice to know that myself - and others who do the same - have support and aren't shouting into the void.

Especially when the other side of the discussion refuses to actually discuss.

I'd also like to say that I do think it means something here. Maybe not to the company, and maybe not even to the devs, but other players can see that there are still folks that are still willing to stand up for the integrity of the game and the equitable treatment of all players.

The company makes the decisions. The devs make the game. But the players make the community, and that is one of the major factors that keeps us here.
    Rhodris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.