Patch notes for IoR server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kioske, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vokan Well-Known Member

I want to address the issue of fairness or the perceived lack of...
    If you are a paying member does every person have the ability to create or transfer a char to IoR?
    Are there any members that cant make that choice?
    Are not all paying members being treated equally?
    So the only thing unfair is your individual choice to participate or not. All of us currently on IoR either created a char here, or many of us paid the $25 to move here before they reduced it. I guess that's unfair, but you wont hear any of us complaining about it.
    Pixistik likes this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

Your post is objectively incorrect. Perhaps if you went back and read through posts in the various threads, you would understand why it is incorrect.

I don't expect that you'll do it, logic is not on your side in this instance, nor do I expect a response - for the same reason.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

No. All paying customers are not being treated equally. See previous responses concerning what a special rule set is, and how none of the offered bonuses are relevant to that special rule set. As well as how other special rule set servers have not been shown the same favoritism.

However, if you are unable to see how a large a negative impact a decision like this will have on the game as a whole, players, AND your server, then no amount of reason is going to convince you.
  4. Vokan Well-Known Member

ALL paying customers ALL have the same opportunities. It's YOU that is choosing to do or not to do something.
    Pixistik and Semperfifofum like this.
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

Honest question. Would the IoR people been satisfied if all paying subscribers got these perks and they hadn't had to reroll or pay to move there in the first place?
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Honestly at this time of the expansion all these benefits should have been put on all the live servers
    Kioske likes this.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Possibly the most warped view of equality and fairness I've ever heard.
    Kioske and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Perspective; The FG server had lots of negatives, like taking a longer time than people expect to level, travel is a bear... etc. When people complain about it, it's not deemed "unfair" and people are told to deal with it. Another server has lots of benefits, and people complain it is unfair.

I'm not convinced. It looks to me like people are just enjoying complaining. The servers are different. Big deal.
    Kristabella likes this.
  9. Vokan Well-Known Member

No it's not. All paying members are being given equal treatment.
    Pixistik likes this.
  10. Revel Well-Known Member

No they are not. Your inability to see even this simple fact precludes rational discussion.
  11. Vokan Well-Known Member

Are you a paying member?
    Am I a paying member?
    Can we both roll chars on IoR server and receive the same benefits?
    Can we both roll chars on any other server and receive whatever those servers offer?
    Can we both transfer chars to any non TLE server for the same price?

all paying members are being given the exact same abilities of any other paying member. Your's and others' perceived "unfairness" isn't about treating all paying customers equally, it's about YOU wanting something for yourself. You say "for your server" but it has nothing to do with that. You want an advantage that is being given to you just like its being given to all other paying customers, you just don't want to follow the guidelines that everyone has to follow to get the advantage.
    Pixistik and Kristabella like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Players on IoR lose nothing to get the 'perks'.
    Everybody else either has to start over or pay to transfer... and they have to give up their raids, their friends, their guilds, their regular groups, etc
    That is not 'equal'.
    Mizgamer62, Revel, Chocoholic and 2 others like this.
  13. Vokan Well-Known Member

Which everyone on IoR had to do also. Its not some 10 year old server. Most of us rolled level 1 less than a year ago or paid $25 to get here. So its really unfair that you can now do it for $5. I guess I should light up the boards with this injustice.
    Pixistik and Kristabella like this.
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

That is not what is in question. What is in question is whether or not all paying customers are being treated equitably - which you asked in the post I quoted.

I, and others, have answered that question: No, they are not.

If you read the concerns brought up, you will understand that IoR already has the benefit of their special rule set server, and has done since it launched. It failed. Hard.

IoR is not even unique in that failure, but they are the one being pandered to, though not for the reasons the defenders claim.

Answer honestly: Is it better for the health of the entire game, and entire community for TENS of people to be given nice bonuses, to the detriment of the game and their own server or for THOUSANDS of people to be given nice bonuses, including the aforementioned TENS?

I understand that the handful of players native to IoR want to keep their server - just the same as the other servers that were closed down or merged, some with average numbers higher than IoR.

Answer honestly: Do you feel that IoR players deserve bonuses - unrelated to their special rule set - just because they had nothing to keep them on another server? If yes, do you feel that other subcribers - customers that pay to play - should be denied those bonuses because they have friends, community and other investments on their home server?
    Mizgamer62, Malleria and Castegyre like this.
  15. Kristabella Well-Known Member

A: yes

A: No one is being denied anything. go to that server and you have it too. Your friends can come, your family can come, your guild mates can come... If you sub, you can ALL roll a new toon and level fast, not costing you a dime more. What does it take 1 day to get to 100 using agnostics? You can also use your FREE $5 DBC and bring an already level 100 here. STILL not costing you anything. So, for actually $4.50 or your FREE DBC you can bring over one level 100 that has done the KA timeline to buy any toons you roll there, the extra baubles to skip some things. Also, if the toon you bring over has done their Tome of the Ascended, you can buy your new rolled toons, once they reach level 100, Tears of the Ascended and practically never run our of ascension to run with.

Regardless, your home server does not have a special ruleset. Many people have toons on different servers, and some have toons on every server.

I rolled a toon there and had to start completely over, and I also transferred a toon from AB. But at that time the Server Transfer Tokens were not $5, they were $24.50. Why did I do that, because I wanted the special ruleset this server provided me.
  16. Vokan Well-Known Member

Looks like these are our special rule set. DBG decided what that was and people can play on it or not. ANY paying member for that matter. And yes I left friends and a guild behind to play on it. I made that choice when there was less incentive than there is now. Some of them came with me, some didn't. All of you seem to be EQ2 lawyers and trying to say what our server gets and what it doesn't. Trying to throw quotes from a year ago. Guess what? They are going to change the requirements for epic 2.0s some day too. They are going to make changes to things they never anticipated changing before. It's going to happen. It all boils down to you can individually choose to participate or not.
    Kristabella likes this.
  17. Mahare Member

This is also making an assumption that all of your friends, family, and guild mates are subscribers and have the discretionary income to jump over (for someone like myself it's doable, but that may not be the case with everyone). So it could well be a choice between swapping servers or sticking around with friends, family, and guildmates.
    Mizgamer62, Tekka and Mermut like this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

The perks aren't a special ruleset.. they're bribes to get people onto IoR.
    The question that hasn't been answered is why people should be bribed away from their servers onto IoR. Why subbing players IoR on 'more important' and 'more deserving' then subbing players other servers? Why is IoR more important/deserving then say AB, which also has population issues?
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

Either you have intentionally misunderstood concerns that have been presented, or you haven't read the pertinent posts and threads.

What you have essentially said is: Everyone else can get stuffed, so long as I get mine before it goes down in flames.

You don't care about the game, the community or your fellow gamers. You haven't actually addressed anything, just repeated the same line others have: We deserve it because. You don't deserve it unless.

Not a single person has suggested taking anything from IoR. However, every single person on the other side has said no one else should get it.

Are you more concerned with the success and health of the game, or more concerned with having your own way? Because IoR, as a server, has and will still fail. The server will become a cesspool for PL and free gear hand outs - judging by a few statements and some chat - it's already started.
    Mizgamer62, Malleria and Castegyre like this.
  20. Castegyre Well-Known Member

The advantages of these changes and the way they're being implemented seem pretty obvious to me so long as we're talking about how they effect the company. As for the players on IoR or the rest of the community, not so much.
    Mizgamer62 and Tekka like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.