Now that IoR is getting Specialty Treatment...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyrrena, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugwort Active Member

Anyone who actually plays on the IoR server knows that there are many things that are "No Trade". There is an inconsistency on how things are labeled that the NPC's sell, which do not indicate "NO TRADE" or "Heirloom", but change when actually purchased. Same thing with some of the quest rewards in the game, and even some drops in the dungeons. They really need to "clean this up", so that anyone who rolls a test character there can get a more accurate idea as to what can and cannot be freely traded and make an informed decision as to whether or not they want to take the time to either roll there or transfer a character.
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

Have you contributed anything to this conversation at all? On these forums at all? Ever? Just stop already. Your contributions are worth nothing productive for anything at all.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

If DBG bungled the implementation of the free trade mechanic on your server it needs to be fixed and should have been a long time ago. However, that does not justify giving your server unrelated additional perks, which is what this thread is about.
    Mermut and Tekka like this.
  4. Ummmyeh Active Member

Well isn't this just an unexpected turn of events? Call a guy a liar and no one bats an eye. Call a guy 4th on the server and everyone loses their mind-- joker.meme

Pouting around about something a barely surviving server gets is productive because it doesn't benefit the almighty you? Of course, what was I thinking?

"If you ain't first, you're last"--Ricky Bobby
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

With people like you on the server, what's not to love!? Hold on, lemme get right on that character transfer!
  6. Mugwort Active Member

Since this thread, as you state, is about "additional perks", the so called "unrelated perks" have no value or meaning if they don't help grow the population. And, if they have no value or meaning on IoR, and there is little interest in going to IoR to take advantage of them, without some type of feedback from all players, they will never know if any of the offerings will work on Live! servers.

When a statement is made that gives the impression that all things are free trade, such a remark does not reflect the true nature of the server. Debating things that aren't factual do not help towards truly understanding the nature of the server or the problems created because of the server.

As far as "bungled", I report those, and others have too, and some were mentioned when the developers visited for feedback. I think it is more difficult to script those then originally thought, and might be why moving to IoR from another server with special rulesets hasn't been an option (so far).
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

The only one trolling here is you. Trolls hide behind anonymity. I'm clearly not hiding behind that... but you are. Hmmmmmm.... *Watches the logic train scream by*

Meanwhile on Isle of Refuge, 28 players logged into game at 8am PST. There are literally more people logged into Proving Grounds.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

Just let the Isle of Rubbish die
  9. Kari Well-Known Member

Depending on what happens with the population, it could easily be the kiss of death for a raid guild to transfer there. They would likely lose a few players in the transfer and would have to take a chance if there are enough players on that server to fill the vacancies from the move and for ongoing normal turnover. Also the double loot is restricted to KA encounters, which will only be relevant for a few more months. The raid force would have to hope that daybreak adds double loot for the new expac going forward.

If the population explodes and the double loot gets extended to the new expac, i could see a lot of raid forces ending up moving over time. But it is likely to just be a gear up for alts place.

It seems to me that the ethereals would be the big draw. But that would really depend on whether they are no trade or not. So could someone send their raid alt there with a load of plat, buy a belt from someone that earned it, and then park the toon for a month until it could come back? Or would they have to find enough people to run experts with them? Or once the next expac comes out, would they be able to run themselves through solo at level 110?
    Kioske likes this.
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Locking this.
    Leonitas, Prissetta and Dude like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.