Now that IoR is getting Specialty Treatment...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyrrena, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

No we pointed out the problems our server was having and asked for help with a solution. I am not whining about anything. I am stating a fact. There's a difference. If ya'll want to whine, moan and bit,, thats on you. I just pointed it out.

If other servers have problems unique to their server, then they should do the same thing. Document the problems, and prove your point to back it up, and take it to DBG. We had problems, and INSTEAD if whining about them, we took notes and presented them. It surely wan't up to us what the solution was. IN FACT, DBG was told that if the problems could not be fixed, that they should give us Free Server Transfer tokens to any server we wanted to go to, except FG, obviously. And no not an AB merger, a LOT of people came here from AB and never want to go back there, myself included. I do have one toon there, but I only log on to check it out.
    Ummmyeh likes this.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

The other servers do have a problem that is unique to them: they're getting treated unfairly by giving IoR so many bonus'. DBG please resolve?
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

What problems was your server having other than a lack of population? Why is your server more deserving of survival than SH or any other? I actually think this special treatment will hurt your server more than help it in the long run. All this did was make other paying subscribers feel alienated and unappreciated. Ultimately though, the responsibility for this falls on DBG for allowing it to happen in the first place.
    Finora, Kioske, Ummmyeh and 1 other person like this.
  4. Revel Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the guy throwing a fit is you. Enjoy your server with 0 raid community and a player base that struggles to do Expert heroics. All the bribes in the world isn't to make the server anything more than a pit stop for people who want to pay $30 to grind exp and loot faster.
    Ummmyeh and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Ummmyeh Active Member

Now why would I be throwing a fit? Just because this server is where I call home and we have no raid guild YET doesn't mean I am not raiding somewhere on another server. ;) I will give you an A for effort. If I have to raid on a different server people on different servers should have to come over and enjoy our perks. Talk to yourself from here on out. Ciao!

Enjoy your server without all of this; Here is a list of what I am enjoying over there right now.

GENERAL
    Isle of Refuge (Free Trade)
    • Random events in the Obulus Frontier are now more common on a Free-Trade server.
    • All waves of Kunark Ascending Ethereal Events are now active indefinitely.
    • Players will earn double Ascension Experience on a Free Trade server.
    • Weekend Treasure Rush has been enabled on Free Trade servers, where Kunark Ascending encounters will drop double loot. This event activates every Saturday and Sunday on a Free-Trade server. Treasure Rush bonuses do not stack with other double loot drop events.
    FREE TRADE SERVER
    • Character transfer tokens may now be purchased on the Isle of Refuge server. Newly created characters or characters who transferred onto a Free Trade server must wait 30 days to consume a character transfer token and transfer off.
    • The portion of status that is contributed to guild leveling has been permanently multiplied by 5 on the Isle of Refuge server.
    PLUS triple coins!! Not sure how long that is going to last but it is a little added bonus we are appreciating right now as well.

<<<Not even mad! :)
  6. Revel Well-Known Member

By all means, post a character link.
  7. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I'm going to take a minute to be petty.

Does anyone else feel a bit vindicated by the way IoR has turned out so far? I do.

I can see others are also already predicting where this is going to go from here. I can't wait to see what happens.

Even more so, I can't wait to see the spin and the arguments defending all of this when the dust settles and we're all looking back on what EQ2 was.

Just thinking out loud, carry on working towards a thread lock. :)
    Ceyllynn, Mizgamer62, Ummmyeh and 2 others like this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

So it is your claim that no other servers, who have an assortment of problems, some of which include low population have not ever asked for help? Never provided documentation for the problems? That IoR players are the only ones that ever have done so, and therefore the only server deserving of 'help'?

No standard server player, that I have seen, has whined in any of these threads. All they have asked for is equitable treatment, and to be given the same perks for the same subscription - perks that are in no way tied to the special rule set of IoR.

On the other hand, some players from IoR have stamped their feet and demanded that no one else be allowed to have the perks because they're not on the special server, and are unwilling to abandon their investment (more than just $$) in their own communities.

Is it really worth the dissent and detriment to the game just to have your way?

Though I think it'll be largely irrelevant by around Frostfell, because by then Isle of Dungeon Maker will have set in, this time with push button gear!
    Ceyllynn, Cyrrena, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  9. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Part of the problem here, as I see it, is the players themselves. It was a section of the player base that decided IoR was a premium server for premium players above and beyond all the others whether other people were paying a sub or not. That wasn't the devs or the staff or the company that sold that line. That was elitists erecting and spreading a narrative rejoicing that they'd have a special little home for themselves above the unwashed masses of freeloaders on the other servers. A home that clearly didn't work out so now they need a hand out to keep the dream alive.

I predict that anyone who thinks the company is making these changes to help the players who have called IoR their home will be sadly mistaken. I also am of the opinion some of them deserve the disappointment.
    Ceyllynn, Cyrrena, Tekka and 4 others like this.
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I unfortunately did exactly that, and that is how I came to my conclusion.
    Ummmyeh likes this.
  11. Ummmyeh Active Member

Ah you want to troll me in game too? Hard pass! No need to PROVE anything to you. But please carry on. :)
  12. Ummmyeh Active Member

I leave it open for a reason you know. For people just like you :)
  13. Ummmyeh Active Member

Wasn't any whining on our part you are projecting again. This forum is all about the whine.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I before raid guild that raids weekends transfers there for 2x as much raid loot as every other guild worldwide. That's going to be fun for progression yay!

In all honesty if they are going to make all these changes, they should open up free one way transfers TO IoR to allow people the chance at being on this updated ruleset server.
    Ceyllynn and Kioske like this.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Come on now, you know they aren't telling the truth, I got the exact same thing in another thread when I was told "I moved my T4 geared Raid Toon over!" Refusal to link toon, then when I searched (Because someone from his guild who did link his toon responded) the only toons in that guild were obvious alts, didn't even have epics done.

I guess at least it won't be "cheating" for progression, amirite?
  16. Castegyre Well-Known Member

It wasn't supposed to be a pat on the back.

It also wasn't directed squarely at you.

And, it's not the first time I've said as much.

I could, and have, posted similar things in random threads where people were being less than productive before. I'm sure I'll do it again.

If you choose to take it personally or see it as an attack on you then my suggestion is that you go do some soul searching and find a way to cope.
  17. Rainmare Well-Known Member

No, you haven't.

it's not a 'prestige' server. it's a special ruleset server. no different the FG, or SH, both of which also require a subscription to play on as well yet aren't getting permenant Ethereal events or other bonuses.

the 'perk' you get on your server is that NOTHING is no trade, and everything is up for brokerage and trade. that's your perk. that's why it's a sub only server.

your analogy falls flat on this point. if anything, they way they are treating IoR is more like you can drive through on the roads some people are paying for (all the 'live' servers) you can pay an equal amount for the a toll road (FG/SH) or you can pay the same toll price and get a road that is paved with gold where someone will hand you a ferrari to drive on it and your passenger gets to be a opposing gendered model of your choice.

the Sub only server perk are the special rulesets for those servers that they had to rewrite the code for. thus sub only to try and justify the cost/added manpower. IE, IOR being free trade, and SH/FG being progression locked and rebalanced around it.

giving you a bunch of new and signifigantly nice perks does and should rightfully irritate folks.
    Ceyllynn, Cyrrena, Tekka and 2 others like this.
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the problem people have, is that the Ethereals are literally the best in slot items. and now you have them INDEFINATELY. as in, they only way I'll see that belt, is if I transfer to IoR to get it. and you have no idea how big a difference an ethereal can make on that almighty parser.

so yeah, I imagine your going to see an influx of people. and you'll prolly see it around expansion time too.

they get thier ethereals since IoR is also a free trade server they'll prolly just buy them, and they'll grind out the new ascention stuff, and then leave. congrats. your server just becuase a rotating door cash cow.
  19. Ummmyeh Active Member

Nice bait--I was wrong earlier--this post here amused me the most. Thinking I or anyone else have something to prove to you because you are 4th or 5th on your servers on raid progression and think you are bossing it. Typical. You guys are like the gift that keeps on giving. :) Cheers. Thanks for the laughs. @kioske @revel
  20. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I still recall the discussions when LON was introduced, and particularly when the Cash Shop was introduced . We were assured they would never be a means to acquire player power. Anyone who raised concerns, or pointed out contradictions in words vs actions, were labelled chicken little conspiracy theorists, or haters, etc.

Yet here we are. Game changing high damage abilities where the most viable means of ability (DPS) improvement is via DBC. An approaching expansion that will put significantly increased emphasis on DBC transactions for not just ascensions, but almost all abilities. And a novelty server has been set up to incentivize transfer token purchases for revolving door token grinds to obtain ethereals.

I am not a fortune teller, seer, nor prophet. I do not know what the future will bring. I hope EQ2 survives strong and long into the future. I am just concerned that in the current environment, EQ2 is facing an uphill battle to survive. If the next expansion does not hit a home run, there is a chance it could be the last.
    Ceyllynn, Malleria, Tekka and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.