Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Conifur, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

Is the legendary supposed to have a 9 hour recast now? Pretty much making it worthless.
    The_Real_Wurm and Shmogre like this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Oof...your post made me check mine, and sure enough: Grim Aura lasts for 1 hour when activated, 2.0 second casting time, and reuse time of 9 hours 1 minute. That 2.0 second casting time means it's no longer insta-cast...that's a lot of macros that aren't going to be working now.

(A guildy friend with the Fabled version confirmed that there were no changes to that one; it still insta-casts and has no reuse timer. It's just the Legendary that has been changed.)
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ugh... thanks for the heads up.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

They say it is "working as intended" but was not working right before - so next patch they will change it back. I call BS because it never had the text about the 9 hours. That is new.
    The_Real_Wurm and Shmogre like this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heh, I have a screenshot from May (from when I reported that the proc name (Grim Strike) was the same as a shadowknight proc) and you are right, it didn't mention the reuse time (which is 18 hours unadulterated, by the way...oof).

Good news on them changing it back, though. That's much appreciated.

(To be fair, they could have meant that it actually should have had the reuse and casting time all along, so it's now been fixed and is working as they originally meant it to. A significant change to current gear like this really should have been called out in the update notes though, especially after months of it being in-game as it was. Nice catch, Conifur.)
    Conifur and Prissetta like this.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine who really is a game developer (He worked on the Halo franchise) calls such changes

"Drunken Dartboard Development".

Dear DBG EQ2 devs, please stop making changes to gear that make no sense. I'm glad you have at least seen the error of your ways this time and are changing it back. Maybe you could do the same with the celestial gate rune?
    Alphaville and Prissetta like this.
  7. Conifur Well-Known Member

I don't disagree it might have been what they wanted, but call it what it is and don't hide from it. It was an error by whoever put it in and an error by whoever let it into the game incorrectly. Just more proof to me they don't actually look at what they put in, they just insert it without care and hope for the best.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I honestly can not wrap my head about anyone wanting to release a useless piece of gear as a heritage item.

The proc is in no way game breaking, and it helped everyone, who did THE ONLY QUESTLINE ADDED AS NEW CONTENT LAST GU, do just a bit more DPS in the harder expert zones, you know the zones they wanted to force everyone into to get ethereals a little bit later...

And the change makes even less sense now, considering that as far as unkilled raid content, there really isn't any important progression mobs left. And that being said, the only version of the earring they nerfed was the heroic one.

It makes zero sense period.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

No mention of a fix in the patch notes for today...
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

And it still isn't fixed... I just checked.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

Still broke, and of course since they use Discord to communicate there is no proof. I am asking now but so far crickets.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

"Looks like that fix didn't make it in, but will be there for Tues"

What a joke.
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb when dealing with DBG: If it benefits the players, it'll be fixed within 24hrs. If it hurts the players, 2 weeks minimum.
    Kioske likes this.
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

It might not even last 24 hours. They will bring the servers down.
  16. Conifur Well-Known Member

When is the update this week?
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

What is the problem with discord? Seriously. It is better than the foruns in every way.
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

No its not, not even close.

Accountability is the biggest difference between the two.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

They can delete messages here and they can delete messages there. The difference is that on Discord there are eye witnesses.
  20. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Only if someone is paying attention... and at forums things are documented for forever (if they don't delete them, which let's be honest is the norm here for non-toxic content), I've used discord for other things and good luck trying to find something someone said a day or two ago.

Anyway in the patch notes from today:

I sure hope that means it was returned to exactly the state it was before the change, but I have an uneasy feeling it won't be.
    Dude likes this.