Enough is enough

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cirvandal, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santargria Well-Known Member

lol - too rich!

I'm not the one flaming everyone's comments, I'm the one enjoying the game even with it's shortfalls.

Why?

Because no where on this planet, can you get an equal amount of entertainment for the price of this game with a community this large (well minus one if you ever leave... hint hint).

Yeah, I'm the troll LOL.
  2. Icebands Member

Your right your not a troll, your a fanboi, thats even worse.

The gentlemen has a right to voice is grievance with the game, if you dont like it, dont read it.
    Cirvandal likes this.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

You literally came to the forums and flamed his original post.. I believe you are confused.

Enjoy the game all you want. You don't need to come to the forums and complain to someone who is complaining about a product he is paying for.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

OMG - have you even read this thread?

My first response...
    That's flaming? Really?

LMAO

Too funny this - and too old to be a "fanboi".

"Warning to devs" is not voicing a grievance!
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Not sure which game you're logging in to, but it's not EQ2.

On any given day, there are more people in any single faction playing ESO than in EQ2 - the whole game.

Pick a weekend, any time, and pop into WvWvW in GW2 and you'll find more players than in EQ2.

The majority of servers in FFXIV - individually - have more players at any given time than all the servers in EQ2 at peak time.

Camelot Unchained, which is gearing up for beta, has hundreds of players that log in for various tests and chat with one another. Multiple hundreds. It's not even released and the events have a better turn out than EQ2.

Blind cheer leading and willful denial of the real state of things doesn't help the game. Ever.

It's good that you're enjoying yourself, but clearly there are a lot of folks that aren't. Belittling another player's experience just because you don't happen to share their opinion is not just unkind, but detrimental to the health of the game you claim to enjoy and care about.
  6. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Stop not liking what I like! It's great and you're a doodie head because I like it (gratuitous LOL)! This is totally productive!
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Wow, another one that doesn't read the whole thread...

Feel free to quote a single post of mine "belittling" the OP - if anything the OP is unable to be objective and has attacked me and others FIRST!!!!

8. Kheldorm Active Member

I totally agree with Cirvandal. This game has been going down hill for a while, and the last two expansions continue the trend of providing next to nothing except a grind, and forcing actual players to decide if they want to "Play through the boredom" or "Pay to advance". In either case, the end result is the same, there is nothing to do.

One new zone with what, 35 quests total, counting repeatables? Then a bunch of mindless grind instances? What happened to huge expansions, like Velious ? What happened to a Story? What happened to actual rewards, aside from what you can purchase in the store?

EQ2 seems to think that to make things "More Challenging" they add "More Hit Points" to mobs; and to the players. Nd not just a few more, but literally BILLIONS. Oh wait, lets toss in a new stat too... that will make something worth grinding for... NOT.

You know, LOTRO increased the level limit too with the past couple expansions; but strangely, players and mobs still have about the same hit points they always had. The encounters get smarter, and need more strategy, but it isn't just an insane waste of time just beating down trash. My level 100+ toons over there have between 30 and 60k HP. That's it. Mobs have a little more, unless they are epic, then they have two or three times mine, but are smarter than in EQ2. And expansions are expansions, not just a random, boring zone, with pre-reqs and an endless grind.

/applaud Cirvandal
    Kheldorm
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

I have read the entire thread, and posted in it. It's nice of you to assume that I haven't, goes a long way to prove the point.

Though, the part about belittling another's experience was more of a general statement in the response you quoted, rather than directed specifically at you. I'm not sure why you think everything is a personal attack against you.

Not to mention I used the word 'experience' not 'player'. I would suggest that you take your own advice... and read.

I don't have nearly enough time to wade through page after page of your repetitive rhetoric, that spans months, if not years. If you don't see it, no amount of quotes will enlighten you. Easier just to toe the line.

And you still haven't addressed the main body of the post that refutes your claim of the game's 'large and thriving community'. Instead you insulted me and erected a neat little strawman.

Might want to have your own objectivity looked at by a professional - an objecttometrist, if you will.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  10. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I take it the ping from out there on Saturn is pretty bad, then? Here on planet Earth, WoW is more fun to play, has massive content, and a huge community beyond the wildest dreams of the height of original EQ1. Other people have mentioned other MMORPGS that are also fun and have largish communities.
  11. Cirvandal Active Member

Dear people, try not to give in to the trolls otherwise this thread will be shut down. I wish there would be any action taken to those always provoking and trolling on forums instead of banning the forum accounts of those who call these trolls what they really are.

This game has a very small community at the moment, log on and see for yourself. 500 players online at peak times on one server is not much.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  12. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Which server has that many people??
  13. Stach Well-Known Member

The only way to get things to change from now on is to continue to play F2P, I know you lose those cool prestige items, but I really don't see any other way. I am going to continue to log on and work on my Epics and just not pay to do it.

Stach
  14. Ummmyeh Active Member

Oh, another goodbye thread?! How many of these have we seen but the person making them always stayed around?

I will give OP credit where it is due though. It was well written even if English is his 3rd language. Some of our native English speakers should take a page from his book. It was an interesting read and brought up some legitimate points. 9/10 OP.
    Dude likes this.
  15. Cirvandal Active Member

I only made one quitting thread before which was when I took a half year break.
  16. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This thread is not productive and is facilitating personal attacks between players. Locking it up.
    Dude, Ursa Minor and Prissetta like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.