IoR: A special server...lets make it really special

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vunder Well-Known Member

So we (and by we I mean you devs) are doing LOTS to make this server special and get the population up.

It is an AMAZING server the rule set is unbeatable. I dont understand why others dont move here.

The perks tomorrow are AMAZING...but its a pay only server. Since it is a Pay to Play server lets make it even more special....

Free transfers to here from any server for everyone.

*cough* Remove crafter requirment for epic 2.0...like make the item commisionable for us.

Lower resolves for all zones.

an extra 10% off all Marketplace items for This server only.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

They are grasping at any and all straws to keep yet another of their EQ2 prestige servers from going under.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

And it's going to work. The changes today were incredible.
    Juraiya, Prissetta and Leonitas like this.
  4. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

The incentives keep piling up, even though some of us been here since day 1, loving it, and have never even considered leaving. Am noticing several transfers already today, in anticipation of the update tomorrow. WTG devs, a big ty from those of us thats been loyal to the Isle of Refuge from the start!
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. echoing Member

This server has been an insult the the legacy of this game. I was okay with it being a free trade and you could sell anyhting you want cool have at it.

The reason this server failed was cause you couldnt transfer off of it so a couple things happened. top end raid guilds have no reason to transfer just to be on another server. players follow the raid guilds and with this being a 1 way trip at the time very very few where going to risk the trip. this server needs to be dissolved and characters free transferred to a server. killing 3 or 4 other servers so this one can have all the special loot is stupid, hell at that point just merge to 1 massive server with IoR server rules.

As for my personal feelings on the changes to this server hell might as well make it triple or quadruple loot why stop at double. let people just have the dev buff and can buy the myth with out having to do the quest. make everyone on the server with default 100 tithe in everything.

/end rant
    -Soteria- likes this.
  6. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

For those unclear of the perks of the Isle of Refuge, here is a list thus far:

-Most chest looted drops tradeable/brokerable. Many currencies also tradeable.
    -Friendly server, people tend to group regardless of guild affiliation
    -Free fast travel (if you've never even considered paying dbc for this feature, you'd be surprised how fast you learn to love it.)
    -Permanant 5x guild status...level your guild faster!

Starting tomorrow:

GENERAL
    Isle of Refuge (Free Trade)
    • Random events in the Obulus Frontier are now more common on a Free-Trade server.
    • All waves of Kunark Ascending Ethereal Events are now active indefinitely.
    • Players will earn double Ascension Experience on a Free Trade server.
    • Weekend Treasure Rush has been enabled on Free Trade servers, where Kunark Ascending encounters will drop double loot. This event activates every Saturday and Sunday on a Free-Trade server. Treasure Rush bonuses do not stack with other double loot drop events.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Entropy Well-Known Member

There really isn't a reason NOT to move there for $4.50 now. Hopefully the population explodes and people realize that the EQ1-style "almost everything is tradeable" ruleset is superior, and eventually all servers can go Free Trade. Like it should have been from the damn beginning. /scowl
    Juraiya and Prissetta like this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

It's not clear to me why all the perks for that server, over a sub on a regular live server, but grats to you guys. Hope that helps your population a bit. I personally have no interest in switching, but I'm sure a lot will now.
    Mermut likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

You asked the question:
    And you provided the answer:
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Why ban botters when you can make a server for them.
    Kioske likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why DBG want to have a bunch of people move over to IoR..
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Kristabella Well-Known Member

How long have you been on Isle of Refuge?
    Ummmyeh likes this.
  13. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Actually they could have cut their losses, and gave everyone Free Server Transfer Tokens and have been done with it. But the majority of the players on this server, don't want it to be disbanded and have gone together as a group, on discord, and in emails to the higher ups, to ASK for help for our server. We pleaded with them to help increase our population.

So, the remaining population are the ones that have been appealing to them for help. Otherwise, I am sure this would have just been disbanded and pushed into Ab.
    Ummmyeh likes this.
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
  15. echoing Member

hmmm wow ... where to begin ... lets see i have played since 2005, i have had several toons and if you just took the time, like all of i dont know 10 secs you could have found my toon seeing as i am the only lvl 100 echoing playing. the reason it says new i because i just dont post on the forums, any post i have done for the most part where before they became DGB, so now that we got that out of the way let me explain why your post proves my point to a T.

for the first part i did do my research and it wasnt hard :
    Isle of Refuge is what we call a “Free Trade Server.” This means that almost all items can be traded freely between players.

When Isle of Refuge launches, there will be no transfers allowed on or off Isle of Refuge. This is a new Norrathian community being formed, and we want you all to have the opportunity to build relationships and a thriving player economy. There are no plans to EVER allow transfers off the Isle of Refuge server, though we may open transfers TO this server at a future date. While we’ll have news regarding transfers to Isle of Refuge in the future, at launch all characters will begin a new journey on the server.

A few other things to note about Isle of Refuge:
    • There will be limited account bonuses and/or claims at the launch of the Free Trade Server.
    • There will be no Battlegrounds access on the Free Trade Server.
    • To play on the Free Trade Server, you must be an All Access Member.
    as you can see they never planned to allow people off the server, they also said no BGs, all access, and a 1 way trip. once they realized this was a complete 10,000,000,000% fail they have changed their minds to hope that they dont have to just move everyone people else where. there was no promise of a good community and so no one that was a top end raid guild or raid player was going want to start over or lock themselves into something that could or may not implode on themselves mythical crit style.

for the 2nd part of bringing your population back. as of this moment and NOT counting the EU sever there are 4 game servers that are struggling to stay alive, Rev just folded and yet another top end guild called it quits. the last thing this game needs is for them to kill 4 other servers and prevent the free to play from having members to play with, the new people that are free to play are the games life support right now. if you prevent that you basically kill the game or if that is their plan, just say the game is shutting down and be done with it and stop the bleeding. or if their plan is for people to play on 1 server just merge all the servers to the 1 and give all access the nice rewards and everyone else can still play. either way this shows that the server is just a failed attempt at something, i am all for the great community i love running with new people but this is not the way to keep the game alive. i am truly sorry your server didnt go as planned and that alot of people quit because they got stuck there but what makes you think people that are coming back to the server are going to not just transfer off once this goes live your srever can still be in the same spot it currently is.

lastly i am not coming here to dump on anyone parade, i am all for brings stuff to the game and rewards for member to keep the game alive and well but this server will kill the game i am sorry and i know that isnt what you want to hear but if you take the time to think about it and really think it through what good comes out of this?

Pros:
    -server gets a nice server boost to pop
    -builds a stronger community
    -incentive to play
    Cons:
    -kills 4 other servers
    -F2P players have no one to play with and overall pop drops
    -tons of guilds have to start over (probably not going to happen for any serious raid guild)
    -Tons of money the players have to spend to get to server with every alt (only helps the company and not players)

i am sure there are many more but when you think it out you will see that this server is a fail, this server is basically stormhold once FG came out and just needs to be merged to another. i love the idea of slightly better rewards for members other than the current ones and that would help bring people back but like i said this server isnt the way to do it, sorry
    Kioske and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Kristabella Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO, took it! (and red too :) )

They change their mind about everything. Nothing in the game is as it started out to be. "There are no plans." There probably wasn't any plans until the need arose. Sometimes unexpected things occur, and you need to make new plans or adjust. "There are no plans... does not mean forever"

it's not gonna kill 4 other servers, lmao. (talk about being over dramatic) F2P, I don't know what to say here. they are free to play, they can play with other Free to play. I think this is the point of all these servers any ways, to end up with paying customers. The money spent to go to IoR is negligible compared to transferring to other servers. $24.50 to go to other servers, only $4.50 to go to IoR (for one character you can transfer with the free monthly dbc)

I think a lot of good will come out of this. Not everyone like everything DBG does. Lord knows I have had my rants. But I support this idea, and yes I am on this server. If the server fails, it fail, then why worry about it, it will be gone before you know it, and we will get free server transfers.
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

That "hopefully" is the reason not to move there. It's a risk at the moment because if I move all my toons and no one else does I'm SOL for a month at which point I have the option to spend a ton of money getting back to a playable state.
    Dude and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Icebands Member

You want a population boom on isle of refuge?

Add a vendor that sells guided ascension for 1 plat, make it so people aren't time gated behind asc xp and watch the server explode
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
  20. echoing Member

they already have an item like this

just hvae to have a someone with the tome i believe, the gate is the grinding which is why they added the double xp for ascension on this server but that is needed to be a game wide bonus for members. that would bring people to sub, make alt grinds less suck.

For this i dont even know what to say any more except you clearly dont care about the game and the life of the servers. lets think this out for just 1 raid guild leaving a server. that is 24 raiders, more like 27 or 28 because of some slight back ups, gone. not only the the raiders but then any friends and family who are F2P then quit because they dont want to pay to play and they just lost the people they were there to play with. so now say that is only 5 people or what ever. that is 32 people gone from the server per guild. thta is alot less people to run zones with and play with.

Your problem with "THE POINT OF ALL THESE SERVERS" isnt the point, they tried this twice now once with freeport server and once now with IoR and it has failed both times. Freeport was the free-2-play server and many flocked to it for some time. but then it faded off, where is it now, oh yeah merged with skyfire.

i hope alot good comes out of this for all the players of this came but you clearly dont care about the other servers and the life of this game you just want your server to exceed at the cost of others. I would love to see maybe a freetrade tag added to some gear and let members sell those broker (heroic only of course, raid should be earned), xp ascension doubled for all memeber would bring alot back and encourage alts again.My favorite point that proves all of this has been bold, underline, it shows that you just care about your server and not the game. when i say this i dont mean or try to hurt feelings but your server has failed, this servers flopped, and now they are willing to maybe not kill the other servers but they are willing to severely bleed the other servers for save this server but it will do much more damage than good i can promise you that.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.