Is the next expac pay 2 win, cause I'm spent

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It's ok to sell game and sell in-game stuff including ascension scrolls or helm of mighty fine serenity as long as people buy it and the number of player grows or at least stays the same. I think it' simple enough to understand.
  2. Kielex Well-Known Member

Devestating your games reputation because
  3. Kielex Well-Known Member

I clearly said devestating the games reputation, You even quoted me lol
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Grammar/Spelling nazism now as well? :rolleyes:
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

Do you just say anything to get a last word in? Because nothing you have said within your last 4-5 posts has been anywhere even near the truth. Fallen Gate successful? You mean a server where Asian players, Australian Players, British players. american Players, Pretty much anyone in the worlds only option for an everquest 2 timelocked server and the server Hasn't reached maximum capacity since a week after launch. You could look at the everquest 2 server population from https://www.everquest2.com/home on the bottom right hand corner.and I've never once seen that bar full since a week after fallen gate launch. and Please, Sincerely don't talk about live server because It's very frustrating to watch you talk about something you know nothing about time and time again. You're just repeating yourself and adding nothing new to the conversation. Being stubborn and looking at the game with rainbow goggles on will get you absolutely nowhere. Everything I've said could easily be proven and has been proven. You're just spewing baseless arguments. There is not even one ounce of evidence to anything you have said. Fallengate is succesful? Show me, Grandmaster ascensions arent pay to win? Compare Adept/ Journeyman / Expert/ Master /Grandmaster. Seriously, Show me. Because people have posted more then enough evidence on why they're pay to win and pretty much every argument against it has been the company needs to make money, Which is true, but It's very vague because Everquest isn't this companies only income. IE: 7 million copies of h1z1 king of the kill sold. (which can be verified by steamspy and other analysys websites. The capability of getting Master and adept ascensions was added to the game over 4 months ago, And only just a week ago roughly the very first master ascension has been discovered because the drop rates are so incredibly low. Meanwhile, Tons and tons of ancient ascensions have dropped and been discovered. It's funny how obtaining an ancient ascension scroll is actually easier to get (something you cant pay for) then getting a Master ascension spell scroll (something you can pay for).
  6. Cirvandal Active Member

wHeN yOu StArT pLaYiNg A gAmE aNd YoU tHiNk U kNoW sTuFf AbOuT iT, "fG Is VeRy PoPuLaTeD aNd SuCcEsSfUl".
  7. Kielex Well-Known Member

What you're doing is the equivalent of me going on the fallen gate forum and saying that assassin is an overpowered class and needs a heavy nerf. I don't know if assassin is overpowered but I'm sure I could convince a few mindless people with your logic. All I ask is you stop talking about something you genuinely have 0 idea about. KTHX
    Snikkety, Malleria and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. rutro Well-Known Member

I have this funny feeling that Daybreak is either making a ton of cash from Asc spells, and or the EQ2 Team is understanding issues and wanting to make changes to this model in the very near future. (Kander Parrot on Shoulders). X's fingers :) In the meantime- Git in game and loot epic stuff :)
  9. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

yes, we can expect from any company changes in model, especially when it comes to software company where product life is measured mostly in months and rarely in years. Let's say a couple of attempts per year, successful or not.
  10. Kielex Well-Known Member

And all of a sudden she is a software engineer with all the information about software's too now without ever making any! Jack of all trades she is!!
  11. Freeheroic! Member

It's not the people who buy the ascension spells who are complaining about being able to buy ascension spells. I haven't bought any ascension spells, but other people have. And when I'm looking for a group as an assassin, and there's another assassin LFG who has bought their spells, who do you think is more desirable in a group, all else equal?

I play the game to improve my character, and for 10 years I paid my sub and improved my character by playing the game, same as everyone else. Now I pay my sub, and improve my character as much as I can, but now I'm stuck. I could improve further, if I paid USD. Other players have already improved further, because they paid USD. Every time I log in it's in the back of my mind 'i could be better if i paid more'. Every time I die it's in the back of my mind 'hm... I wonder if we could have killed that if I had paid more'.

EQ2 is just no longer a game for people who want to pay a monthly sub and be on a level playing ground.
    Chimeron, Ceyllynn, Neiloch and 2 others like this.
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

There's a couple of options I believe. First wait for next significant change that will come within a couple of months with a new expansion. The second option is try not to think too much about those people with a lot of money to buy best stuff. Usually these people are random, casual players who won't stay long. As soon as they got everything best they probably stop after a couple of easy triumphs because they have nothing else to achieve.
  13. Ryuken Active Member

Paragraphs , your friend.
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Kielex Well-Known Member

When you're salty you're not necessarily thinking about your grammar. Basicly just slapped my fingers across the keyboard as fast as possible lmao
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

EQ2 is no longer a game for people who want to pay a monthly sub and be on a level playing field because idiots let it happen. It doesn't matter if it's mercenary crates or research time and ascension crap. It doesn't matter if they do it because of peer pressure to be at the top level of the player base as soon as possible or if they did it just because they wanted to roll the dice until they got the right cute little burbur. You, all of you, who participated in that garbage are the reason why there is a system in place now that some see as punishing if you don't spend that extra cash to advance faster. The company would not do that if you all didn't give them a clear indication that they could get away with it.

Maybe it's a frog in boiling water situation, maybe some people just don't care. There's a lot of potential reasons people make bad decisions. I don't know, and, to be honest, I don't care why. What I do know is that myself and a few other people have been saying this was bad and it was going to get worse since all the way back when they had the cookie jars for Frostfell. It's still bad, and it's gotten worse to the point where players are defending getting taken advantage of.

At least I will know that when the end comes with this game, even after all I've put up with since EQ beta, I will be able to say I never gave them money for any of that. My wallet never told them I was ok with it, and my words have consistently been telling people this whole time that I don't approve. Which, of course, makes me a clueless jerk that doesn't want the devs to make any money and hates people having fun, blah blah blah, stuff it.

and in case it wasn't obvious, this post is not directed just at the person responded to...

EDIT: I want to add something. This is all stuff that was discussed on the Freeport forums even before the server officially launched. There were assurances back then that this state of affairs would not be allowed to happen. It's been discussed since then many times even as it's been happening distorting the game around us. I gave my opinions on the matter more than once. Nobody really wanted the game to go ftp, but some of us recognized that it probably had to and supported it so long as the company maintained their integrity.

I'm often one of the people described as a 'whale'. I have no problems supporting a game I like to the point where I will throw money at a cash shop to buy things like appearance or house items. Where I draw the line is obvious gambling, especially if it's stacked heavily against the players. I also refuse to pay to advance, even more so when it's done in a way where the game coerces the players to participate.

There are a lot of games with ftp models, several with hybrid sub models, and most have a cash shop in them these days. This game is not in a position in this climate to be screwing the pooch.
    Ceyllynn, Iglu, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kristabella Well-Known Member

How do you know how much money they have, after everything is paid and re-invested? Source? I hope you also realize that when one company has many endeavors, they are all separate entities. I used to work for a title company, accounts receivable. They had 7 businesses all under the same roof. I had 7 different sets of books. Each set kept the records of each separate entity. The money received were in separate bank accounts for each entity. If one entity needed money, they had to actually like take a loan out from the other, and pay it back. So, the money from H1Z1, goes for that game, unless they request the funds from that entity in loan form. Same for DC Universe and playstation.

And "profiting really well"? Again, where is your financial information of JUST EQ2 and no other source? Link please. "every other gun takes 3 shots to kill someone, but suddenly you're able to buy a gun off of the marketplace which is able to 1 shot everybody and it automaticly aims for you, would you consider that fair and understanding how the game works and just being apart of the economy?" And YES I would call this fair. If I wanted, needed, or so desired this gun I would either buy it myself, or have someone buy it for me and gift it to me for plat. Is it fair that you might own your house and I am renting? How is that fair? You need to give up your house and rent just like me, or you need to help buy me a house so we can be equals, and have a level playing field. Pretty ridiculous. You get what you pay for.

Life is unfair, everyone does not have the same advantage or disadvantage. Stop crying, and go earn some plat and get someone to gift you the things you want, or earn a few extra bucks and pay for what you want. When has there ever been a free lunch? Someone always pays. YOU have things others would like to have but cannot afford, so are you suppose to do without them, for their sake? You would like to have some things people who are well to do, have, but you cannot afford, do you expect to get them all for free in life? Why would the game be any different?
  17. Ashwind Member

Evguenil62 you are so far away from the truth its not even funny, just stop spreading your opinion on subjects that you clearly have no idea about
    Snikkety likes this.
  18. Lucus Well-Known Member

the only thing missing here is the part where you have to work your *** off or be patient to get complimentary dlc (ascensions, familars etc)

i don't like the 10 scrolls then the rare recipe crap for the ascension adepts and masters but buying them from people that have made them or waiting for research to complete isn't all that bad.

let's not forget that this all started with fluff items in random crates on the marketplace and evolved to mercenary crates, familiar crates and now ascensions because people were willing to gamble and encourage DBG to do more of them rather then holding back their wallets and making DBG realize it wouldn't work and then offer things directly for sale or reasonably attainable ingame.

even so i still don't think ascensions bought are pay to win since there is always risk involved in fights, fights aren't all dps checks after all. research time for each spell is a way to put the screws to people that refuse to encourage DBGs behavior they disapprove of.

feldon you have a gift for finding the best images to convey something.
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

You cant have people Gift you ascension spells
    Grandmastering one ascension spell is $75 dollars, Which is more money then buying any current Tripple A Title game.
    I have 2 Grandmaster Ascensions

Daybreak Doesn't release there everquest 2 sales data publicly
    If they didn't make good money off of it they wouldn't do It.(obviously)
    The little information that is available to us is only by the numbers on steam, and I dont know too many people who use the steam launcher etc ( http://steamspy.com/app/201230 )

"Yes I would call this fair if I wanted needed or desired this gun"
    Really just sounds like you're trying to justify your purchases in all honesty.
    I've paid for ascension to compete and I regret it, One spell costs 75 dollars, I have 2 of them lol

The number of people condemning these pay to win antics far outways the number of people in support of it.
    So really from my understanding is, Unless It wasn't profitable I don't think they'd be damaging there game for absolutely 0 reason.

I wish I had sales data to show to you, But I'm not a magician, I cant make it appear out of no where.. And I dont know how everquest is doing on the sales side of things, But they're still releasing expansions, They're still adding new things to the marketplace and actually making an effort to show this game attention (because when a game becomes unprofitable a lot of companies just abandon it
    IE: City of heroes

They just Recently brought on a new staff member so It seriously cant be that bad
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it only takes a few. I don't believe the majority of the players are buying into this crap. But the few that are are their "whales". The few that are happy to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at the crates until they get what they want.
    Chimeron, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.