Next Xpac...can I play it without doing an Epic 2.0?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrption, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Disrption Active Member

First off serious props to those that crafted the new Epic quests, props to those that figured them out from scratch and completed them and moved forward to the raid content.

As a casual player and guild-less I have not completed even a hint of a 2.0 quest. Kander's recent post mentioned 2.0 updates being important...but that's it.

So the question stands...should any of the casual players that didn't go through the 2.0 line buy the new Xpac? Or will we just be forced to backtrack to KA and do the 2.0?

An answer from a Dev would be what we all need, at least half the player base would appreciate an answer believe me. Such info would influence if I gave the game any time moving forward much less continue to subscribe.

Thanks for your time :)
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

3. Disrption Active Member

Thanks Tekka I'll read that forum.

Kander's "We cannot wait to show you all what we have in store for you, but make sure you get those Epic 2.0 updates, it will be important.Lots more to come!" isn't too encouraging however.

Not going to get a Deluxe Edition Pre-Order from folks that didn't complete the 2.0 by saying that. We'll see.
  4. Gninja Developer

There will be something you can do with them in the expansion. Its not content unavailable if you don't have them.
    Lucus and Dude like this.
  5. Disrption Active Member

Thanks Gninja for the swift answer. That's all the assurance I needed. Next Xpac here I come :)
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

How much are you doing now without? Probably about that same level in the new Expac.
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

If Halls of Fate is anything like Maj'Dul and Skyfire server...if you don't have your Epic 2.0 then you are not doing the following:

Raiding
    Expert heroics
    Expert raids
    PG Pre-made Group runs

So, most of the game.
  8. Ryuken Active Member

Thanks Gninja!
  9. rutro Well-Known Member

You can do almost anything now without the epic 2.0. If you are casual and do not raid...you probably have no worries. There is a difference in forcing someone to do something and something being at the best interest to the individual.
  10. Alienicon Member

BINGO. Epics are not just a good boots or something minorly beneficial. They literally up your DPS 100 fold. It's ridiculous. I am stuck doing mine I cant seem to get Osh to talk to me after doing GD and CS. So I give up. Hopefully I can find someone in game that can look through my stuff and help me figure out where I am going wrong. But as it stands. Ethereal cloaks raids etc etc I am without because no one wants a wizard with 250mil DPS.
  11. Disrption Active Member

I am seeing in other threads https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/epic-2-0-still-worth-doing.580529/ as Alienicon stated. Get your Epic 2.0 if you plan on grouping at all. So the answer would be essentially...No don't buy the new xpac until you've completed Epic 2.0. Kinda harsh the player base can be separated by one quest, but such is the game. If I play in the future its to get the previous xpac done, ah well.

Thanks Gninja again for the swift reply. Hope you all enjoy the new content!
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  12. Gninja Developer

You will be able to do normal content without your epic. Solo, heroic, and raid. I wouldn't expect to get to the harder content without it but if you have the people to do the harder content you should be able to complete the epic fairly easily anyway.
    Lucus, Malleria, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you Gninja for clarifying what we will need for the next xpac. I'll let my family know I want EQII xpacs for Christmas.

Btw, have you considered giving monthly discounts to players who have multiple accounts or would like to have a second (or third, fourth...) account? It would also be nice if we could get discounts on multiple purchases of xpacs.
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

EQ2 is a social game, if friends and guildies won't help you out then they aren't worth knowing, in regards to epics and general class advice on how to improve.

what matters more IMHO is the person behind the keyboard not whether they have an epic or not, the people that only want players with epics are just the rush crowd that want quick easy runs.

if you are in a guild with decent minded players getting your epic done and improving isn't that hard.