Devs you are killing this game for new players

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Icebands, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

What is there to catch up? No matter how good your abilities and spells and gear are today within a couple of months with new expansion everyone gets completely new targets. One year later this process will be repeated. And then again. And then again. It is a pity for those who "worked" hard trying to obtain a mighty fine helm of splendor for two months 6 hours every evening I can imagine. Sort of two months x 6 hours = 360 hours of "waste" but then again this is what the gamer had chosen for. On the other hand, it is not a "waste" since the gamer was happy to do it.
  2. Jabbso Active Member

Have you even read the thread?

People are already beginning to feel left behind as they haven't been able to complete epic2.0 and from Kanders discord it looks like it'll be playing a very large part in the next expac. Naturally there's concern they won't be able to enjoy the new expac without it!

That's what there is to catch up.
    Mizgamer62, Feldon and santargria like this.
  3. Castegyre Well-Known Member

4. Breta Well-Known Member

To Khander's defense epic 2.0 being important is not the same as being required.

I don't think they are that stupid to lock solo signature behind epic 2.0 requirement as it would totally kill the new xpac sales. Altought I have been proven wrong many times by devs so who knows.
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

In a nutshell, DBG is more focused on their problems and not their customers' problems.

They need us to pay them as much money as possible with almost no dev staff. So, we get layer upon layer of content gating to slow the consumption of scarce amounts of new content to a crawl. We are also being more incentivized to spend more money in the cash shop by slowing character progression to get another crawl.

Seems to me, if the focus was on making the game fun, peeps would be happy to give them money.

Imo, the game has become far to manipulative with respect to the cash shop, and far too light on new, bug-free content for what they are asking us to pay.

The game has morphed into a ptw grind game, that for me at least, is not fun, so I'm not buying or playing anymore.

Had a lot of great years with eq2, but it's over.
    Tekka, Ruckus, Cirvandal and 2 others like this.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Some games can be finished in 10 hours, others in 60 hours. MMO may even give you thousands of hours of fun, but every game has a "game over" moment. Can't you just say thank you for enjoyment instead of blaming someone on inability to give you 3500 hours of fun instead of 3000 hours?
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Cirvandal Active Member

I do not define doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same hotbar over and over and over and over and over and over (etc times 1000) fun. If the game continues going this mindless grind for stats way, I am through.
    Tekka and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Wizx13 Member

*waits patiently for the Epic 2.0 Bauble* :p
    Mizgamer62 and santargria like this.
  9. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It depends on what activity you chose for. I am not busy with grinding for instance. I am level 82 paladin/shadowknight and I still have a lot of hours of fun ahead of me before I hit "game over" moment.
    P.S. I spent than 4000 hours in game.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Replaying the same content over and over is no different than grinding the same zone over and over. Many of us have been playing this game since launch and we have played the same content in it original and recopied/recolored form multiple times and in some cases on multiple characters ad nauseam. We need a substantial amount of new content that is not regurgitated or gated behind a mindless grind or a pay wall if they expect us to keep paying for new expansions and a monthly subscription(s).
    Tekka and Neiloch like this.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Perfectly and accurately stated.
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Yes of course. Unfortunately it is not going to work for raiders. They are going to skip all new content and go directly to the end-game raids the next day after new expansion is available. It would work for me though :)
    So, yes, give us a new Thundering Steppes in Enchanted Lands!!!
  13. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

... or at least 80 extra episodes of Star Track Original with original cast, can't you? :)
    Sorry for this joke, I think not everyone would appreciate such jokes, bit I could not resist it.
  14. Cirvandal Active Member

I only play to raid as they killed off the best feature this game ever got (Battlegrounds).
  15. Cirvandal Active Member

Be careful, stating things that are absolutely truthful means they might ban your forum account.
    Tekka, Scrappyz, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

Dear people having issues finding groups,

Next time you log in, leave your inactive guild and post out in general "Looking for an active guild that runs heroics regularly" and you won't have to worry about PUGs anymore. Staying in your inactive "family" guild that only you and 2 other people are in is killing your game experience, obviously. A guild is supposed to be a GROUP of people toward a common goal, not 1-2 people who want extra alt bank space. Hell, keep your alts in your single person family guild, but take the toons you want to group on into a bigger established guild that has groups running, and people that will help you gear up and get your epic 2.0 updates. If you are complaining from your guild that you are the only person who ever logs in, or you are the only account even IN the guild at all, then you are doing it wrong and you have no room to complain.

All that being said, if you're interested in an active guild that runs heroics and experts and will help you gear out, and even give pointers that might help make you a better player (You never know), feel free to look up Blood Oath on Halls of Fate. We're more than happy to take non-raiders and casual players and help them out.

Signed,
    Kioske/Wiegraf
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

GOSH I have several toons high enough to do the first epic weapon's quest but so far I only managed to do it on one
    and that was on" the race to Trakanon " that's because many people ran the quest to get the gold coin, it was still hard to get enough people to help
    sigh:( I hope that panda sticks around till I get some more toons to level 100 so I can at least get that gear.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

So... Just keep hopping from guild to guild and server to server to find the most active people that group. And when they stop grouping due to burnout or guild management drama, just drop that guild and move on to the next one, possibly on a different server. Easy as that.

Meanwhile it's year 8 of asking for an updated Dungeon Finder with a gear check and solid Matchmaker.
    Vulnere, Malleria, Tekka and 7 others like this.
  19. Kioske Well-Known Member

There are many guilds that have been around since the dawn of this game that still have 20-30+ people active most hours of the day running zones and helping each other out. I'd say that's a track record worth getting yourself into, rather than coming to the forums to complain that you can't find a PUG while sitting in your family only guild where no one but you logs in.

I also think it's worth noting that this dev crew is already so short staffed and burning the candle at both ends just trying to keep the game afloat, and they've never been successful at the dungeon finder system (See current PG fiasco).

So if you are asking if I seriously think that dropping your "family only" guild and joining an established guild on your current server (no need to jump servers) is a better option than coming to the forums to complain about not being able to find a group in the hopes that they will create a dungeon finder system that allows you to stay in your "family only" guild and still find PUGs... the answer is yes.

This is an MMO after all, make friends with strangers. And if you're here complaining about there being group content in an MMO, when you wanted a solo experience, I feel like this game category wasn't built for you.
  20. Xakrein Well-Known Member

If I recall, they were working on cross server dungeon finder functionality for a number of months, and even applied several database upgrades towards this end? But then they decided a fresh batch of calls for server mergers were a priority of significance, that justified indefinitely abandoning cross server dungeon finder?

If so, logic FTW.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.