Devs you are killing this game for new players

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Icebands, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icebands Member

Seriously guys, you are burying new players and making it near impossible for us to catch up.

lets see:

Get advanced solo gear, check or buy buy crafted, check
    do heroics..oh wait, no one does heroics....fail
    do experts...oh wait no one wants you in their group with out 300+ resolve, and your epic 2...fail
    do raids, cant, see above...fail
    get your epic 2.0...cant, need ascension, and get ascension xp tomes at an asinine rate...fail
    run PG's to get adornments....takes forever when you need an entire set, oh and you just released the new one broken...and upped the timer on the one that was working to 3 hours, thus cutting coins in half...fail

i can go on
    CoLD MeTaL, Quillyne, Kioske and 6 others like this.
  2. Zelox Active Member

yep the ratio between being extremely well geared/high tithe etc to the other end of the spectrum now has 100s of times gap, it's really bad for the health of the game
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

It has been getting easier and easier to catch up- you do have to do some work no matter what, however, and that only makes sense.

If you could click one button and be caught up that wouldn't really be fair would it?

But now you can do weekly quests and condense hundreds of hours of instancing into a few minutes of running around and get caught up on diety potency, gear, adornments, and get started on your epic 2.0.

I'm with you that new players need to be allowed to catch up- but they don't need to be given much more in the way of easymode to do it.
  4. Dilf Member

I've been mainly playing on Fallen Gate, but I still dabble on Live (and am light years away from catching up). My biggest fear is that in assuming there are more expansions to follow, being maxxed out in KA is going to be the baseline requirement for what's next to come. It's way less daunting trying to hit lvl 50 and work on prismatics rather than trying to do all the KA pre-reqs and then everything else. When I play on Live, I spend more time reading the wiki than I do actually playing the game. I worry that future content will be even more impossible to jump into for new/returning players.
    ConcealFate and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Yards Well-Known Member

You can't kill what is already dead. They have succeeded in killing the game already and it can't be undone.
    Kioske, Pixistik, Scrappyz and 5 others like this.
  6. Xexel New Member

They need to take a hint. TLP works on both eq1 and here for first few expacks. Why? Because that is the game we want. Not this new junk they keep adding. Yet they keep forcing it down our throats.
    Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  7. Ronjah Active Member

i can imagine that catching up is quite hard but a new player doesn't necessarily need to catch up, a new player needs to get to know the game first and might catch up a year later after playing the whole game and not only the last 1% of it.
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

If I'm reading the Kander post correctly, it appears the gap is about to get HUGE!!!

If the Epic 2.0 is going to be required that will pretty much put most of us out of the running for the whole shebang!

If this is true, it will be the end for me and I will move on to another game.

I have 2 full access accounts, 1 silver, and 3 freebie (43 toons total) and will just chalk up the past 12 years of play time to a bad investment.

There are other games out there and I do not want to move on, but I will if I am left behind because I wasn't able to get the Epic 2.0
    Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I laughed when I saw the epic 2.0 requirement for the next expansion. I was barely able to get it done on one character and that was early on in the expansion. These devs really are living in their own version of what the reality of this game is now. I wonder how many of them actually log in to these servers and just observe the general or lfg chat channels? If they did that they would quickly see how dead grouping and particularly pugs really are. Unless you happen to find some decked to the teeth players willing to help you get the non-solo parts of your epic 2.0 done, you can forget about it. Their view of this game and what it has become is like night and day.
    Quillyne, Pixistik, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  10. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Got to admit getting your first Epic 2.0 at or near the start of epic release was rough. Now, it's looking rougher to even form groups for said zones/updates if you in a small guild

Nowadays, it does seem like you need to either get really lucky with begging for a pug and get a member or three of the heavy squad in a good mood coming over to help out; or be in a decent sized guild which will almost certainly have peeps that have epic 2.0 guildies already and practically are the heavy squad compared to the epic 2.0 quest mobs

I don't mind coming over to help out a pug epic request myself; but like it was said above, I'm often running my own or guild stuff and some of the epic requirements (fighter heroic stages I'm looking at you!) seem to be a bit hard to get puggers for.

Only real advice for cutting down the frustration factor with trying to get peeps to do virtually forgotten heroic fights/zones is joining a decent sized guild and being nice to peeps (pimps out own guild, Eden on Thurgardian shamelessly :) )
    Prissetta and santargria like this.
  11. Revel Well-Known Member

Well all my alts will be totally dead if 2.0 is required. I have it on my main, and on my tank. I'm not doing it and all the prerequisites again.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

My new troub has finished the vast majority of KA and epic prereqs in under 24 hours of being alive. Yet my fallen gate toon has about 120 hours on him and is only level 31. I can't fathom how FG players can say that one tedious grind is better than another...
    Nelie likes this.
  13. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

eh, I wouldnt consider the 12 years a bad investment really. You could just stop playing at any time but you haven't because this game is still fun in some way shape or form even if the req's for the next expansion only apply to the mega grinders. Ill buy the expansion if they toss me a few low level breadcrumbs and I wont feel bitter about it. Thats how I feel at least.

I have played on and off for years and never got into end game content....not because I didnt want to, because I do, but because I just don't have the time to invest that others have available to them. I raid twice a week ((progression on AB, shout out to Time Helix)) and in my free time I just got my very first shawl on my woodworker (yeaa) and Im fairly happy.

I hope you stick around and weather the storm Santargria ;)
    santargria and Prissetta like this.
  14. Nelie Well-Known Member

Right...On live, wont do epic 2.0 because of "old content" and ragequits. On TLE-FG, goes to enjoy "old content" and upcoming more "old content" they couldn't stomach to do on live.

Seems legit.
    Snikkety and ConcealFate like this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I saw that too, and I almost wanted to cry. If the Epic 2.0 is required for the next expac, then the next expac is going to be the first expac that I don't purchase.

I really think that the devs have no idea about the players anymore. They see the elite few and think that's everyone, and it's not. If they want to make it so HEROIC and EPIC content requires the Epic 2.0, then that's fine. But don't make it required for whatever Sig line you have for the new world, or you're going to drive the majority of us away.
    Quillyne, santargria, Rhodris and 5 others like this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

Could I be allowed to like a comment multiple times?
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

LOL well if 2.0 is going to be required for the next expansion, I guess they'll just be saving me the cost of 3 CE and a couple of standard edition packs. Because if I can't play it, why bother?
    Juraiya, Prissetta and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

But you can play it. Do your epic. You've had nearly a full year. The only excuse is laziness.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I have the non-KA requirements pretty much all done (except I think I lack at least part of greenmist still but that might even be an alt). It's not laziness, just I have had no need for it and doing it would force me to do something I loathe (PUGs for many reasons) since most of my friends moved to eq1 to play on Agnarr, which I decided I just couldn't do again.

If I can continue to play the way I currently do in the new expansion, I'll buy it, but if they stick a 2.0 requirement on even the main solo signature quest, then it's not for me.
  20. Sambril Well-Known Member

I'm reading that statement as Epic 2.0 would be pretty much a requirement for new raid and top end heroics in the new xpac, but I doubt that it will be a requirement for sig line and regular quests (though no doubt it would be helpful - Moar Powah!). On the other hand once you are 110 the parts of Epic 2.0 that now need a group will become easier, even soloable.
    EmJay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.