FG Baubles

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Harmonized, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Harmonized Member

It is a shame to see SH end. I've had a blast killing mobs and playing old zones that I've never done before. But most of all, I REALLY HATE losing my toons... I've spent hundreds of real life money in the market place on them. It feels like I wasted 2+ years getting them leveled up with gear and spells, getting their Mythical and ER weapons, getting them maxed out on crafting and getting their Earring of the Solstice quest, and wasting the /claim on items that are only 1 per account. So, I would like to make a suggestion to DB... FG Baubles.

I would like to see each 90 level adventure toons, with their ER weapons, get a class training bauble. (Up to 3 per account).
    I would like to see each 90 level artisan toons, with their Earring of the Solstice, get a trade skill bauble. (Up to 3 per account)
    I would like to see the 1 /claim per account items returned to that account.

Example 1: 90 lvl Guardian (with ER), 90 lvl Armorer (with Earring), that claimed Arcanna'se Effigy of Rebirth for his house... He goes to a city Merchant and sells (trades) his Rebirth for redeemable coin that could buy another Rebirth item on that same account. He then goes to a trade skill trainer and sells (trades) his Earring for an artisan bauble, and becomes a level 1 artisan upon sell/trade. He then goes to his class trainer and sells (trades) his ER for an adventure bauble, and becomes a level 1 Guardian upon sell/trade.

After completing those steps, he creates a level 1 toon of his choice, say a Wizard/Sage, on FG. He goes to the Wizard class trainer and gives them the adventure bauble and becomes a level 50 (Shattered Lands) or a level 60 (DoF) Wizard. He then goes to the artisan trainer and becomes a level 50/60 Sage. And then he goes to the city Merchant and buys the Rebirth for his house. These baubles would have to be consumed/used before the KoS unlocks. Or, have the baubles remain a level 60 max (with no AA) after KoS unlocks.

I would also suggest that this NEW level 50/60 toon on FG have nothing, just like a level 1 toon... No gear, no spells, no books, no languages, no skills, etc. You start out with nothing, except being maxed out on Adventure and Trade skill level.

Example 2: 25 lvl Dirge, 90 lvl Jeweler (with Earring), no claims. Only gets a trade skill bauble.

Example 3: 90 lvl Monk (no ER), 90 lvl Tailor (no Earring), no claims. Gets nothing.

I know suggesting this a long shot. But with everyone who put their precious time and money into SH, should get a little something back for FG. We are all on TLE because we don't want to play on the LIVE servers. And I think this will keep people playing the game and continue to have fun, without starting over from scratch.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Those are good suggestions, but if Discord is anything to go by, the most you can expect is a free transfer from SH to the live server of your choice.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

[IMG]
  4. Pavidus Member

I like the idea of auto migration or free transfer to live server of choice. Choose one or other sort of thing.

Stormhold characters 1-50 are automatically transferred to Fallen Gate. Then when DoF opens all 51-60 Stormhold gets auto transfer to Fallen Gate. Etc. Of course this would have to be an option and not forced.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

If you look at what was said in Discord, it appears that SH characters will be given the option to transfer to live servers only.
  6. Pavidus Member

Yes. I am aware of that. No where have I stated it would be otherwise.
  7. Harmonized Member

That is what I read, and my understanding too. That's the reason for this thread/suggestion. I have NO desire to play on LIVE. I have 9 or 10 there on HoF collecting dust. I stopped playing LIVE when SH started. So, if my only option is to move my toons from SH to a LIVE server, they'll be deleted. FG is my home now.
  8. Fangrim Active Member

What is all this 'bauble' nonsense talk? It can't be done.First off it is 10 times faster to level 1-50 on SH so any being 'migrated' would just be unfair to the people that levelled on FG, Also I could buy every single item off the broker with my plat on SH,are you bauble acolytes suggesting that peoples plat earned should be removed?
    If they announced today that level 1-50 characters will be migrated to FG at blah blah date FG would lose half its population to people levelling new toons on SH.
    It can't be done,just realise that the exact same thing will happen to FG server around level 90 so don't get comfy there.Not to mention the pot sales they would lose from people levelling alts on FG.....
  9. Springelf Active Member

I'm a little (tiny) bit surprised that all we get is the option to move to a live server. Only because I spoke to a dev in msgs on discord and had some suggestions....which I knew was a long shot but I figured there was no harm in saying my piece on the subject.

My biggest gripe is the money spent on the marketplace. I had suggested to them a moving crate of just marketplace things (house, mounts, appearance). And move that to FG. If I had decided to move to a live server its one thing to say well I decided to spend the real life cash and thats how it goes. But *they* are the ones who more or less (more) decided to kill SH.

Why would I decide to spend the same amount of money on another server they view as temporary? I guess we all know better now. I wouldnt play on Live either.

I also suggested a character token of some sort. Something. Wasnt just for 90th level characters but if thats how they decided to go I would pop into SH to finish off my character. So hey...more DBC on potions. Maybe have your character have been made before X date. Heck if I know.

(glass half empty mode) End of the day tho....we are screwed. We all know it. They are just going to punt us to Live and let the chips fall where they may. Most of us wont really leave the game. Where would we go? The other game people pin their hopes on isnt even in alpha. Lets not fool ourselves. *shrug*
  10. Pavidus Member

What?.., They could just implement a date marker. Any characters created before the date would have the option, created after the date would be limited to live. It'd be stupid to announce the date ahead of time, because of the very reason you stated.
  11. Harmonized Member

OBVIOUSLY you didn't read everything i said, or didn't comprehend it... You can ONLY bring 3 per account, IF they meet the Adventure and/or Trade skill requirements. So it does not matter if you have 10 or 100 maxed out toons on SH, you only get 3 on FG. So level up all the toons that you want on SH from now until it closes :) And the 3 that you do get instant level on FG, they will cap at 50 now, or 60 at DoF+. And the reason for a 60 cap, is for AA's once KoS, and beyond unlocks. And those instant level toons will have NOTHING, including plat, just like a brand new level 1 toon. So good luck on buying everything off the broker.
  12. Fangrim Active Member

Yes I did,you don't want to lose toons (which you won't be) because you spent so much time on them. So hold on a minute,why limited to 3? what about people who have all crafters level 90 and 10+ level 90's with ER? Is their time less precious than others that only did 3 or less to that level?
    You don't address the fact that levelling on SH is way faster than FG either. Regardless to any of these reasons they won't do what you want because of my final point in the previous post.No way are they going to allow any max level toons of whatever level transfer to FG because it will hit pot sales.
    Don't get me wrong I'm annoyed what happened to SH too,I spent 2 years + there and have loads of max level characters.Just don't bother making alts on FG,just use one,get the HQ's done because it has the same future as SH.
  13. Harmonized Member

Right. I'm in the same sinking boat as you and everybody else. I have multiple maxed out toons (on two accounts) and would not benefit from the only 3 that I have suggested. But I'm totally in agreement with you about DB losing money on pots from the FG leveling. I do NOT see them allowing all our maxed toons being transferred from SH to FG. That is why they are allowing transfers to a LIVE server. No harm no foul to them. We are the ones that would be getting the short end of the deal. Like I have said before, people on TLE play there for a reason.. they don't like LIVE servers. And I feel that if our only option is to move our toons from SH to a LIVE server, there will be a lot more leaving the game because we cannot get some compensation to move 3 (or more) to FG.
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Fangrim Active Member

Harmonized,We are in the same boat. MMORPG for me need a permanent world and the lesson I've learned from SH is TLE should stand for Temporary Leeching Experiment lol. So as much as I hate LIVE servers too I will be moving from SH to one of them and just doing the HQ on FG. I was doing quests there too but I really can't be bothered anymore.
    Like many have said this is still the best MMO around but it really is going downhill now,I fear for it if Pantheon gets it right which is sad.
    Ceyllynn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

I vote no. Earn your way up on FG, leave your toon on SH, or move your toon to live. Don't mess up the goodness that is FG by having any transfers onto the server.
  17. Harmonized Member

I'm not sure how a level 50 toon, that is essentially a level 1 character with no gear, spells, recipe books, skills, plat, etc, would mess up anything on FG. Its not like there isn't any 50's on the server already. Can you explain your reasoning? And if I wanted to play on LIVE I would, but I don't. I stopped playing there over 2 years ago. So if DB does force a transferred to LIVE, all those toons will be deleted and DB will for sure lose money from me. And probably a lot of others also.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

If the toons came over completely stripped, then it wouldn't be a problem. What would be a problem is that people don't want to go over completely stripped. They want all their stuff that they gained. Some of it from oversights, like the plant that poops out shinies. Some of it from stuff that isn't available yet on FG. What else would be a problem? At this point, better safe than sorry. Want to play on FG? Roll a toon on FG. No one said you had to play on live. You can stay on SH.
  19. Harmonized Member

Right. IF we are allowed to transfer to FG from SH, they should be stripped of everything. I don't want transfers to FG that would mess up the game play and discos. This would be the only fair way to us on FG. And by the way, I have two level 50 Adventure and four level 50 Crafters on FG, and working on my others as well (I have 9 total toons on FG that I am working on, between two accounts).
  20. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

There's no sense in transferring characters to FG in my opinion. FG is a server to re-live old moments and re-play low level zones with a low-level character. If you jump to level 50 from the very start then why do you even want to create a character on FG? Just to collect HQ and other rewards?
    FG is a temporary server and it is only good to re-play low level zones and reap rewards.