this isnt right!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by GrumpyJack, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrumpyJack New Member

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately we are not providing any form of compensation at this time. We do apologize for the inconvenience but, if there is anything else we can help with, please let us know!

Otherwise, we will need to consider this ticket as solved.
    Regards,
    Mike S.
    Daybreak Games

this is my response when I asked what the Compensation will be for the game time lost by those who couldmt evem play for 4 days. Time for a change they are running this game into the ground
  2. Fenin Member

Is $2 worth of game time really worth all that begging / complaining? Less than $2 if you sub more than 1 month at a time
    Snikkety likes this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

This time I'm on DBG's side - it wasn't their fault the game wasn't available to a select area(s) so yeah, why would they give anything?

And for $2 (as Fenin points out) was this really that upsetting?

C'mon Grumpy - get over it and move on. Repeat after me... "It's only a game, it's only a game..."
  4. Ronjah Active Member

it's not begging or complaining, it is voicing your concerns and your opinion about a problem. 'at this time' sounds there will be a compensation later.
    GrumpyJack likes this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

That is not just daybreak. There has never been compensation or refunds for time lost even when it was owned by Verant and SOE. Sometimes, they are nice and offer up double exp or status or something, but not refunds.
    santargria likes this.
  6. Nazz Playing off and on since '04

As others have mentioned, this wasn't Daybreak's fault so why would they need to compensate players? It would be a great PR win for them if they did, but it's not something they should be forced to do.

Would you expect Apple to compensate you for not being able to make a call if Verizon (your cell carrier) was having technical difficulties?
    santargria and Prissetta like this.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

For those saying "why should they compensate players who couldn't log in if it wasn't their fault?" Because it's good customer service, that's why. It's digital game time for money, they could totally give free DBC to those people and it'd be digital fake currency that would literally cost them nothing, to keep people happy playing their game.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

They could, but they won't.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

Not saying they will, I'm just explaining to the "Why should they" people.
  10. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It is difficult and costs a lot of money to identify those people who were affected by the issue. How would you do that? Are you going to compensate everyone who created a service ticket? Are you going to compensate everyone who was offline for 5 days? How are you going to compensate people with 1 year subscription? By adding 5 days to their expiration date and probably creating a nice mess when it gets hard to understand how many subscription days a player still have? Right now it is easy, one year, no exceptions.

Ideally company (Sony in this case I assume) should have thought about such complications beforehand and should have created a mechanism of compensations. Perhaps DBG is going to introduce it one day though.
  11. GrumpyJack New Member

I am not begging just wont spend money on them if they can not and wont value me as a customer.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

If DGB had a nickel for every time someone said that and then kept on playing and paying, Columbus Nova would be very happy.
    santargria and Snikkety like this.
  13. Bendigeidfran Member

I was fortunate not to have any issues....perhaps rather than thinking of a monetary value (which some fair points have been raised), maybe it would be more appropriate to think off ethereal token opportunities lost?

Another 'bonus' weekend as a public relations opportunity?
  14. toschoolforkool Member

blah blah blah, I wnt stuff for free. I dont want to earn it. I want my 4 days back. Go ahead and leave the game. Game would better off anyways w/o having whine bags.
  15. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This is not a constructive conversation and has lead to some pretty offensive comments. Locking it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.