Patch to Test server locking up

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Dyeana Active Member

Tried to get on Test server a few times in the last half hour. The Launcher would not download the relatively small patch. Locks up and then the Launcher drops out the program on it's own.

Hope this is not the same file for the Patch to live servers today.

Launcher and patch need looked at to determine the fault and correct.

Thanks,

Dye
  2. Test Taffies Active Member

I patched and was able to get in. But I see others on the 'live' server are having the same type of issues. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon, for you and them.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I patched this last night to check out the fix for the ascension item, and it worked for me, thankfully. So, it seems to be one of those errors where they're going to have to look for some common denominator to figure out why it works for many, and doesn't work for a few. :(
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Discord is saying that the issue is "an issue with the people between your ISP and" Daybreak, and they're working on tracking it down.
  5. Dyeana Active Member

I couldn't get on Test server this morning because of this. Then I tried the Live servers and had no problem getting online, but that was before the patch this morning. I posted this message prior to the patch, but was too late to get anyones attention. <sigh> :(

After the patch, I was no longer able to get on live servers either. I saw the threads started with others not able to get online and have been following them. Feldon posted a fix of sorts, but not sure it would work on Test since the size of the patch is different fro the live server patch. So I will pass on both for the moment and await an official patch from DB.

Dye
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Again, sounds like it's not a problem with the patch itself, but something in between you and DBG. So you'll be waiting for your service provider, or whomever is responsible for the issues to fix whatever it is that's causing problems talking to DBG's servers. Various fixes and workarounds are trying to route traffic in different ways so the patch gets to you properly.
  7. Dyeana Active Member

Yea, finally some acknowledgement of the problem. A post by Roxxlyy indicates working on a multiple fix.

I know Live servers will get fixed first, but I sure hope they also fix the Test server access so I can see my clan of alt's. :p

:p YEA :p

Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Dyeana Active Member

The issue continues for me on Test and Live servers. <<Sigh> :(

Dye
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's either:

a) one heck of a coincidence that the ISPs get glitchy the day we have a patch (which most people are blaming this on, since they were able to get in without issues before), or:

b) Microsoft doing things to anyone else other than Internet Explorer (which they're apparently just wanting to call "Windows," which, surely! will not cause any confusion) in preparation for Win10S (which, from what I've heard, will not let you use ANY other way to get into the Internet BUT Internet Explorer, or "Windows," or whatever the hell it's going to be called, and they will threaten and/or buy up anyone who doesn't conform to all the protocols to work with the new OS [which I will not get, even if every other computer on the planet, and this game, require it {hey, Art Dept.! You listening?}]), or:

c) some li'l, ah, what's a term that won't get *'ed out...ah! jerk! in Finland trying to go after Smed again. Hey, stupid kid! Smed's not here any more! Stop bothering us! :mad:

Uwk
  10. Dyeana Active Member

Well, I am still off the game .... now since Thursday morning. DB must be weaning me off the game .... Or this is RadarX's revenge, Who knows. :(

In the mean time my horde of alts, being naturally restless, have decided to take things into their own hands. It was rumored that Madam wanted to resurrect her old brothel in Qeynos, Princess was writting again in her diary, Plain Jane .... well she is still unidentified sitting by the side of the road leading to freeport, and Duchy was exploring to see if she could control Bill_E_Gota to secretly introduce goats to the sundered lands hoping to control the weeds sprouting there. So just a heads up .... Watch out for Tempera Tantrum throwing another of her ....er ... temper tantrums to see how many orc heads she can roll down the hill in Fens. Not a pretty sight. :rolleyes:

So how about a fix today .... or do we need to wait till after the Live Hordesget working again with the next patch or some later patch ... since they are into the blame everyone else for their changes to the certificates. I honestly can't lug this tower lookig for a new place in the sun.

Dye
  11. Dyeana Active Member

OMG .....OMG ......I'm Back in the game ....:):p:D

Ok now to let the girls get back to "The Princess Emporium" and get back to honest work selling their wares ......

And after getting supper here, I got days of being off line to catch up on!

Thanks

Dye
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

Did you do anything differently to get it to work, or was it the devs smacking the hamsters around properly? ;)

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's "CDN"? The devs were going on about that being part of the issue; I always just presumed it meant "Canadian" or something... :confused:

Uwk
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Shmogre and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member