Darathar the unkillable no more

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by jessejames, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

ITT: A bunch of people whining about content that was cleared 12 years ago
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

Did you know sometimes people enjoy things that you don't enjoy? The EQ2 community is very intolerant of people who don't enjoy daily writs and grinds.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

I play on Fallen Gate...?
  4. Satyr Well-Known Member

Then stop kvetching about people going to the effort of trying to improve content on your server.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

My point is a bit different: Fallen Gate is a fallacy. There is no content on this server. This has all been done before. There is no achievement for killing it first, because you didn't. This is just a lie forcing you pay them money in order to relive moments you probably never lived in the first place, in the same way you could on live, simply with extra tedium.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I didn't realize nerfing a mob included fixing a bug that allows people to bypass its script? If anything it makes the mob harder, should it be toned down? Yes. Honestly killing the mob more-so wasn't about the loot, it was about proving that the mob was actually this dumb and long. We are the only ones who killed it the correct way anyway, mobs should be nerfed further into the xpac so more mobs kill it~ however it should be killable by most guilds in the first place.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This mob wasn't the same 12 years ago, neither were mechanics, the spells people had, or the gear. It's basically a different game, hell i pulled it on launch, stormhold, and fallen gate. Each version is different ~
  8. Satyr Well-Known Member

That's nice, you don't enjoy FG. Other people do. Accept that and get over it.

I obviously wasn't talking about the mob's heal, I was talking about the mob's HP pool, which people also want nerfed.

I STRONGLY disagree that the final mob in an expansion pack's signature line should be killable by most guilds and should be nerfed after it's first killed. Doing so completely ruins the challenge of raiding and eliminates any sense of accomplishment for all guilds except the guild that is the first to clear.

That's also why I become concerned when people start crying for nerfs. People did the same thing back in DoF with DMP. Sony didn't budge and the few guilds who killed it really achieved something - "nothing was impossible". Now people complain 3 weeks in to content if they can't kill something and they continue complaining until it can be PUG raided and botted, eliminating any sense of real achievement.

While I'm happy they fixed obviously broken mechanics (360 degree tail swipe) and want them to fix other mechanics (the self heal) and I think they should be a little more clever about increasing difficulty in ways other than buffing HP and auto-attack, because that trivialises the scripts of mobs, if a mob is difficult but killable and has been killed it should NEVER be nerfed further.

If people in more casual guilds want to complete the content, they can wait until DoF.

I say this as the leader of a guild who will be taking pulls on Darathar this coming week too. Your guild has killed it. You don't have a stake in this. Please don't arrogantly campaign on behalf of people in guilds like mine to have the content trivialised because you assume your guild is the only one who can clear it - because all you're doing is wrecking what we enjoy about raiding.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Did you even read what I said or do you just assume everything I say is criticism?
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

You're adding no value to the conversation and just repeating the same one-liners which people have been saying on these forums for years. I honestly don't care what you say unless it contributes constructively
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Right, a mob that only lasts for 12 weeks that is the pinnacle to the expansion shouldn't be killed by multiple people on a LEGACY server? If this wasn't vanilla, sure.

The mobs heal is relative to the HP, being able to bypass that mechanic of the fight obviously makes the fight a lot easier, the HP pool needs to be nerfed as well to substitute being able to bypass the mechanics, the hour long fight tag is incredibly too long, and we have the highest raid wide, I've seen parses from other guilds, it would take 2+ hours for them assuming they even have double guardian to live long enough to kill it.

Regardless of if you think this mob shouldn't be kill-able by most guilds is irrelevant, it should be. Bottom line. If this was munzok, I would say sure, but it isn't. It's a mob that TONS of people have been killing every time its been around with the exception of fallen gate. Suprising.

Bots are better than players it's been proven, i'd rather have a mob easy and be accessible to multiple guilds than be completely unkillable.

Now as far as multiple guilds killing it it doesn't matter, people kill mobs then it's nerfed later, go look at the WW progression thread on eq2flames, it's not hard to see most mobs are changed/nerfed even after they are killed.

"I say this as the leader of a guild who will be taking pulls on Darathar this coming week too."
    So you haven't pulled it pre-nerf and after yet feel the need to comment? Not really surprising.
    Snikkety likes this.
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

We'll just leave the server if your campaigning ruins our progression. It's been killed now, it shouldn't be changed.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Ruins your progression? By making it possible?
    dirgenoobforreal and Adoninilol like this.
  14. Satyr Well-Known Member

It is possible, because two guilds have killed it. If it's made easier, we will never have killed the same mob as those two other guilds so our progression will be meaningless.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Your progression is already meaningless, you haven't even killed easier mobs, spirit of vox/venekor in spirits of the lost, yet you think you can kill darathar?

Lol this guy gets it.
    Snikkety likes this.
  16. Satyr Well-Known Member

No it isn't. We're clearing content at a different pace to you, that doesn't mean we can't clear the same mobs, and that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Be my guest, i'm trying to help you kill this mob by nerfing it.
  18. Satyr Well-Known Member

I don't want your help, we can kill it as is, thanks.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

No, it is. You are going to be, best case scenario, the third. Second loser? Thousandth loser. Mob's been dead for years.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Okay, i'll be waiting for you to send me a tell that you killed it, if so you are correct and I was wrong, and i'll publicly apologize to you. Fallengate.Birds

Okay.