Heads-up: Upcoming Contest Next Spring!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Niboota Well-Known Member

Just wanted to apologize to you guys for not having my contest this summer. I was super busy! However in the spring (like March through May I think) I'll do "Wizard of Oz Norrathian Style". I'll stick to random drawings for prizes, that way everyone has a chance to win. You'll be able to do any house, size, location, and server. No item limits of any kind. You can do anything you like as long as there is a recognizable Wizard of Oz theme! I hope some of you guys will participate!

EDIT: Your home does not need to be based on the film version. Feel free to use ANY Wizard of Oz based movies or books (including the Muppet's Wizard of Oz and the Wicked book series ;)). I would just ask that if you aren't using the original movie or books, please leave a note in the house, so when I tour, I'll know where your ideas came from! And maybe send me a message to let me know (but you don't have to), so that I can try to watch the movie or read the book, before the end of the contest, in case I'm not familiar with it!
    elflover, Zannya, Katz and 6 others like this.
  2. Faeonara Well-Known Member

<3 it :) good to see you on here ...hugs
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

4. Gretel Well-Known Member

Gears are already turning here ... this is exciting! Hope life is treating you well, Niboota. :)
  5. Niboota Well-Known Member

I certainly can't complain! :)
    Gretel, Faeonara, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun, Niboota! I told Vas and Cey I'm holding off on participating in events until I'm finished with school though...two more semesters after this one (still hoping to do something small for Oaky's event though). I look forward to seeing everyone's entries! :)
    Gretel, Faeonara, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds cool! :D

Uwk
    already thinking... ;->
    Merriel, Niboota, Gretel and 2 others like this.
  8. Niboota Well-Known Member

I'll be looking for the day when you can and want to participate in another one of my contests. I still LOVE your Punkacolypse house! It remains one of my very favorite tours! :)
  9. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hmmm Wizzard of Oz.

Need to go watch the movie again for sure. But count me in.
    Niboota and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Ah but is it limited to the film? Cause there are some differences between the books and movies (did you know were no ruby slippers in the books? They were silver shoes)
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Knowing how Niboota does things, it only has to be Wizard of Oz themed, but you can make it as twisted and 'spooky crisp' as you like, as long as the Wizard of Oz theme is clearly depicted. I'll leave it to her to confirm this, however. :D
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One "z", Wizard...unless, of course, you're thinking about bringing in a Wizzam house actor... :D

Uwk
    who wonders: would it still be Dorothy in pink...ooh! Have Wizzam as Glinda! ;->
    Niboota, Wizzam and Merriel like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cause they didn't think the original silver would show up all that well on film. :-/

I also really liked what they did in the book: the first good witch she'd met wasn't Glinda, it was the Good Witch of the North, who wasn't powerful enough to fully protect the Munchkins from being enslaved. She was the one who suggested Dorothy go see the Wizard, and they headed to the Good Witch of the South (Glinda) after the balloon took off without Dorothy. ;->

But I guess that would've been too long...would still have been less of a cop-out, imho. ;->

And Dorothy put on the shoes/slippers herself, after she'd found them in the house (guess her house landed on the witch's house, which killed the witch) and liked the looks of them, so she didn't get icky shoes worn by a woman who could never bathe (think about it...) and force-looted on her by a "good" witch... :-/

Uwk
    Niboota, Trixwynter and Merriel like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Eww, Uwk, you painted that whole story in a whole new light...but, it stands to reason, if water could make her melt, you know she never bathed. :D
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not the first one to bring that up, just the first one here. :D

Uwk
    Niboota and Trixwynter like this.
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

what?
    there are other compounds and elements that are liquid at more or less room temperature,... alcohol, oils, mercury, gallium, bromine, etc.
    hhmm,... might explain the odd color of her skin too,.... the various chemicals in her bath, a toxic soup indeed.....
    "boil, boil, toil and trouble,..." must have been her "bath" water and she could have used straight sand as a soap/exfoliant ;)
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Haha I guess that would explain the strange coloration of her skin. :D
  18. Gretel Well-Known Member

I'll admit, my brain went immediately to the Wicked books.... not canon Wizard of Oz.... ;-)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Ask Nib if you could do that! :)

Uwk
    who has the soundtrack from the musical...not sure how close it is to the books, but just listening to the lyrics, it explains a lot (as does the movie, Oz: the Great and Powerful, which was actually pretty cool) :(
    Gretel, Niboota and Trixwynter like this.
  20. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

I read all the books as a kid. A couple of years ago I read the first one again. It really is a great and unique story. I read Wicked and enjoyed it but havent seen the play