I keep getting a socket error downloading today's patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Altho, Aug 10, 2017.

1. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

IS ANYONE ELSE STILL HAVING THIS ISSUE, WITH THE PATCHER
  2. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

How they gonna fix it when nothing is posted about this issue accept on here,, most of us is experiencing the same message and using the backdoor say the same thing about re loading the patcher
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Some of you are having a problem downloading EverQuest2.exe and clientvdl.bvd. If so, EQ2Wire is posting a download with these two files until it can be officially addressed by Daybreak Games.

If you are trying to download the entire game or are missing other files, then you'll have to wait until Daybreak issues an official fix.

You can also join the EQ2Wire chat and tell me which files you are missing and I will be happy to send them to you. No I will not send the whole 20GB game. :)
    ugloopni likes this.
  4. Garylev35 New Member

Thank you for the work around appreciate it a lot.
  5. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

Did this work for you, I tried it and still cant load in
  6. Albanara Active Member

Thank you Feldon and co.!!

I'm in!
  7. kiota Member

Thank you Feldon, but that still didn't allow me to launch the game
  8. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

how was you able to log in
  9. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

same here,, it downloaded and still stay the same
  10. Albanara Active Member

Downloaded Feldon's files, backed up the two files in question in the Everquest 2 directory (just in case).
    Extracted the 2 files that I dl'ed, then launch Everquest 2 from the directory itself ( not the launcher!!).
    Logged in the long way with my character of choice...blammo! Im in.

Just to clarify, I didn't try to patch after replacing files...won't until Daybreak has the official fix and patcher working.
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    1. In the Patcher window, there is a Hammer/Wrench/Spanner icon in the lower left corner above the gold progress bar. Click that button.
    2. Click "Updated File List" on the left column of choices.
    3. Look on the right side and you should see a list of files that are failing to update. If you come to the EQ2Wire chat, I can post these files for people to get them back in-game.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

You're still missing files then.
    EQ2Wire Chat
  13. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

the client file wont download for me how can I get this file to
  14. nayic New Member

i was getting same issue and thought it was my windows update i got before i got off and not i cant even reinstall eq2 as i cant get a download for the setup after i ran a full reset on the computer as i thought it was the windows update :'(
  15. Allenstergess New Member

I cant even download the client I wanted to reinstall the game on a new HD.
  16. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

seems weird its telling me theres three files that need to be updated, I may just take today off and try playing tomorrow before this game ticks me off
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

What are the 3 files?
  18. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

same issue the client just talks about open or save bs
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

20. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

it doesn't say