DEV - NEW ASCENSION BOOSTER

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Deadheals, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Deadheals Member

Boosting from level 1-5 works Great, except it doesn't give you the XP. So it says to get to next level I need 42 million more xp. BUG or INTENDED?
    Shmogre and santargria like this.
  2. Jabbso Active Member

It does seem to give the abilities, show as being level 5 but doesn't award the xp to be level 5.

Lets hope this will be fixed as it can't be working as intented.
    santargria likes this.
  3. Phee2 Member

I, for one, seriously hope this wasn't intended to work this way. the whole point of this weekly quest, was to help bring players closer to what they needed to be at. with the free tithe baubles and such. this helps no one.. sure you're level 5.. you can do one part of your epic.. but then you just wait and wait. to do part two.. new or returning players, like many of us from Stormhold server who chose not to play on a dead server any more and want to give live servers a chance again really have been looking forward to this level 5 boost since last tuesday, thinking we would be able to get to 6 with a reasonable amount of xp. but as it stands if you're level one then you have 42 million xp to make up.. that will discourage many new or returning players that happened to do this quest and get a bauble to set one class to 5... so please say this is a bug.. and fix it.
    Juraiya likes this.
  4. Freeheroic! Member

I, for one, am shocked - SHOCKED - that this was not caught in testing.
    Conifur, Mizgamer62 and Errrorr like this.
  5. Breta Well-Known Member

Well it was caught since testing is happening on the go :)
    Scrappyz and Snikkety like this.
  6. Eltee Member

Testing!! hahahahahahhah
  7. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Another point what will happen as you earn Ascension Xp and reach former level caps? Will you need to go see the trainer? Would hate to use the boost say with a lvl 2 then when hit lvl3 xp amount and get stopped dead as the trainer won't talk to you because you are lvl 5 but won't let you gain any more xp. I hope you tested that but not holding my breath that you have.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

I was hoping to use this to get my last ascension level half done, so I only had roughly 5 more mind numbingly boring dailies, but if it does not work as advertized, I may as well not get it and do 10 days (which is really about 10 weeks bc I can hardly stand doing this once a week).
  9. Altho Well-Known Member

Should have given 1 extra level per week till you get to level 10 in at least one asc. 2.0 is still alot of work even without the grinding of these abilities
  10. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

Caith said on discord the xp will be adjusted next patch.
    Shmogre, Juraiya, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.
    Leonitas likes this.
  12. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Just here to confirm that this is, indeed, not the intended functionality, and Caith is already on the case!
    GrunEQ, Shmogre, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  13. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

we appreciate you hard working fine folks :)
    Prissetta and santargria like this.
  14. Sucha Active Member

Thought this morning's patch was supposed to fix this. If so it did not work as intended as I am still sitting at 5,372,113 / 42,400,000.
  15. Mathafern Well-Known Member

If you read the patch notes:
    The Ascension masters Aranolh Tol'Ren, Chosooth, Miragul, and Najena will set the experience of your active ascension class to the minimum to obtain its current level.
  16. Sucha Active Member

D'oh - I did read it but brain just not working this morning. Will go talk to them and see if it works. Thanks for the smack to the head.
    Malleria likes this.