MOVE THE TLE GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ALREADY!!!!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by santargria, Aug 3, 2017.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

Come on guys, you've done so well this month and have placed the TLE forum in the worst place it could be - move it down, move it out just move the freakin thing

People are constantly posting incorrectly as if it's THE General Discussion - I know I did!!!!!!

WAKE UP!
    Dude and Hexalobular like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Snikkety and santargria like this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

Dude likes this.
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Please also check CapsLock key on your keyboard. It seems like it is broken :)
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

It looks like it's working just fine to me.
    9 capitals, not counting the TLA, hardly seems excessive.
    However, per Terry Pratchet, the exclamation marks might indicate that the matter is driving them crazy, hopefully only temporarily. ;)
    santargria likes this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

I did - working as intended :)
    Juraiya and Hexalobular like this.
  7. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I just noticed another problem, in the What's New and All Recent Messages lists, threads in the TLE general discussion forum are shown with just "General Discussion" as the forum, so I can see somebody being justified in clicking on that thread and responding with no idea that they were in a TLE thread.
    You couldn't even justifiably berate them for not checking which forum they're posting in, how could they be expected to know they have to check the forum in the thread itself and not trust the forum shown where they chose the thread.
    I bet I'll have forgotten myself the next time I find myself in a TLE thread.

I only discovered it now because I was surprised to see a thread titled "Age of Dead Alts" apparently in General Discussion when I knew there was one in TLE GD.

--
    And now I see it's even worse!
    If you check in the thread, under the thread title, it says "General Discussion" there too.
    You have to look at the thread path above the title to find any indication that you're not in the ordinary GD. (apart from the angry responses of the locals, which wouldn't be there if the thread belonged there.)
    santargria likes this.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

I think this is the main problem right here. I've commented on TLE threads unintentionally due to them not be shown as TLE in the "What's New" area. I think if you move the forum location it won't help.
    santargria likes this.
  9. Chocoholic Active Member

Agreed, it can be a bit confusing ... I always click "What's New" when I first come to the forums (with my first cuppa Joe :D)

Hmmm, I only see a "General Discussion" thread under TLE section - the EQ2 Discussion area has Gameplay Discussion, New Player Discussion, etc. but no General - guess it's always been that way and I just never noticed. I looked because there is a 3-page thread asking for PvP to come back in the TLE General Discussion section :p

Edit: As players we could always just put [TLE] in the thread title - that would help a lot.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

IIRC, "Gameplay Discussion" was a rename - it once WAS named "General Discussion" and pretty much everything went. Once it was renamed, threads started being closed with the comment that they were off-topic.
    Mizgamer62, santargria and Shmogre like this.
  11. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Well it won't stop people from making inapplicable comments, Chocoholic's suggestion might work there.
    But it could cut down on the number of inappropriate threads in the TLE forum.
    santargria likes this.
  12. Chocoholic Active Member

Was thinking about this yesterday -- they severely downsized the forums a couple of years ago and removed several that I enjoyed reading -- Lore, RP, Guide -- also archived were Fansite, Off-Topic, and PvP.

What if we, as players, were able to improve the forums by using tags at the beginning of the thread title -- [TLE] (which is definitely needed right now), [LORE], [RP], etc. It doesn't seem that it would be breaking any rules, but rather would allow us to better organize thread content and forum browsing at no cost to the company. Since I, and I suspect many others, use the "What's New" feature, it might help us find the threads that we want to read and comment in more readily.

Off-Topic may not work though, as I think the intent was to remove that content entirely, which is fine -- their forums, their rules.
    Hexalobular likes this.
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

While I agree with your "players" improvement, there is still a huge issue of players and potential others who come to these forums infrequently or only once or twice a year who will not see this post.

No, they need to move the thread and get a more clear description so even those who visit the forums the least can avoid the wrath of the TLE people who are getting quite rude about posts to "their" thread area!

They also need to take a freakin' chill pill - no need to be rude, just point out the issue and move on.
  14. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Certainly moving and renaming the forum is the best solution I think the player solution is worth a try until such time as DBG do something at their end.
    It would at least do something to cut down the number of inappropriate replies in the threads with the TLE flag and infrequent posters posting in the TLE forum on purpose may notice other threads with the flag and add it to their own threads.
    At least if the stay for a while and keep posting.
  15. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This is something that I've noticed to be a recurrent issue, and I've only been hanging around the forums for a handful of days now. I'll take a look into figuring out what changes we can make to mitigate the number of misplaced posts!
    Luciar, Katz, Juraiya and 5 others like this.
  16. Chocoholic Active Member

Thank you, Roxxlyy!
  17. santargria Well-Known Member

+10000!!!!!

Thank you so much for addressing this issue!
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Could just rename "General Discussion" to "TLE General Discussion" in the Forum title.
    Juraiya, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.