Summer festival - miss a week?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by santargria, Aug 3, 2017.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

Perhaps I missed in the description of the event, but what happens if you miss say a week or two during the festival.

Do you get the opportunity to make it up?

Do the quests start at the one you missed and continue until you do catch up? (which I believe how it must work)

Thanks in advance as always
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

you can't afford to miss a week if you want everything on the vendor or the higher tier stuff for the moment, if you miss a week you'll probably lose out on the top tier. your access level seems to be based on the number of summer tokens you posses.

until the next week starts can't be 100% certain, but i'd assume you can't miss a week just based on the number of tuesdays between now and the end of the event.

the event runs until the October 2nd, there are 9 weeks between the start and finish and 9 tiers of rewards.
  3. Aveeda New Member

so you can only pick up the quest on tuesdays?
    i cant find Yun Zi
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

A new quest should start every Tuesday. Yun Zi is on the spire island in Sundered Frontier.
    Lucus likes this.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

he's in sundered frontier spire Island and you can pick it up anytime after Tuesdays before the next Tuesday. friend of mine came back today and was able to pick up this weeks.
  6. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it said somewhere, though as usual I can't find it again, that the final tier only required having done 5 of the previous ones.
  7. Sambril Well-Known Member

I don't see how this could be true. Several of the items state that they require having completed 6-9 weekly quests from the event.
    The top tier (9 week) ones include the Mara Estate, the last bag of house decorations and one of the orange runes: Ascendant's Grace. So if you miss a week you will be unable to get these.
  8. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Where do you find that information?
    I've been running around in circles but not finding anything other than the announcement in Community News
    https://www.everquest2.com/news/days-of-summer-2017-promo

And two articles on EQ2 Traders Corner
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q310&menustr=060000000000
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q315&menustr=060000000000

Though I know I've seen something more somewhere.
  9. Sambril Well-Known Member

The merchant Yun Zi has all the items from the event. If you examine each item it will tell you how many weekly quests are required to be able to purchase it.
    (EQ2 Traders has the full list broken down by week in the second link you posted.)
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It's actually a little unclear in that article. While I'm assuming that you have to do each of the 9 weeks to get the week 9 items, we won't know for certain until we come across someone who has actually missed a particular week's quest. (Or a Dev clarifies the situation.)

What EQ2 Traders says is:
    "The rewards unlock based on how many weeks of the quest you complete, so I have broken them down below by unlock week. When you unlock a week, you unlock purchase of that week's items for your entire account, but each alt will only see the items that they can obtain based on their level and class. (If they are not level 100, they will not see the gear and adornments, for example.)"

The two sentences I've bolded each imply a slightly different situation. That's what I mean by the fact that so far it's not very clear.
  11. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Great!
    Well that's very clear, at least for the house items.
    (I didn't check with a level 100 toon so don't know about armor n stuff.)
    The decoration packs require 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 weeks completed respectively.
    The Familiar potion (or whatever it was) requires 5 weeks.
    And the Mara Estate requires all 9 weeks completed so the answer to the subject line would be "don't!"

(What I saw, in writing, somewhere, must have been referring to just the Familiar potion.)
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

When you finish Yun Zi's quest, you get a "Days of Summer: 2017" coin added to your currency window:
    [IMG]

This coin is account wide, so any toon on that account will have access to the coin. It's a bit different from most currency we are used to, as it doesn't get consumed when you buy something from Yun Zi; think of it more as a token of proof that you did the quest, flagging your account for that number of weekly quests completed.

The various items Yun Zi has all have a number of weekly quests associated with them, so you'll need to get the matching number of coins to be able to unlock them for your account. For instance, for the rune below, you'd need to have done three weekly quests, and thus have three of the "Days of Summer: 2017" coins in your currency window:
    [IMG]

There are nine weeks between now and when the event ends, so you can get up to nine of the tokens. According to the official announcement, you'll need to do all nine weeklies if you want all of the rewards: "Yun Zi will have a new quest with unique rewards each week so be sure to help him out every week if you want to snag all of the possible rewards over the next two months."

Don't think of it as "you have to do *that specific week's* quest", but rather "you have to do specific *number* of quests". So if you do all but the 4th week, you'll still be able to buy anything that requires doing 8 quests or fewer. The good news is that you can do the quests any time during the week they are active; they activate at 12:01am Pacific on Tuesday mornings and go through 11:59pm Pacific the next Monday (more like midnight, but the 11:59pm helps prevent the "is that Monday or Tuesday?" confusion <grin>).

Hope that makes sense. The wall of text makes it look a lot more complicated than it is, I promise. :p
  13. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I am hoping you can do the quests with different toons on your account and it will still credit the whole account accumulatively.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

No it doesn't work like that, however you can do the next week's quest on a different toon if you'd like and it still counts for the toon that did the first week's quest.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If you are asking if you can do the same week's quest twice and get two tokens, then no...the quest reward is account-wide, so once you have done it any toon, the quest is no longer available on other toons on that account.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Azari.Lite New Member

All of this sounds very sad for my friend. She has 3 paid accounts she did the first weeks quest on all 3 and was so looking forward to getting the house at the end week 9. But here is the sad part her mother just passed away and she will have to be gone for at least a week. I am praying for her to some how be able to log on and do the quest. I am sure she would not want me to be posting this in public but I wanted to ask if there would be any way to solve such an issue. Or would this come around again next year. I am sure she does not want to give some one her passwords to have them do the quest for her that is not wise. She is probably not even thinking about this issue right now. I just feel so bad for her. Has any provisions been made for such an event?
  17. wiouxev2 Active Member

This summer event is a great bone throw, especially at returning players or people hoping to return.
    IMO it'd be in their best interest to leave this up indefinitely so people have any hope of returning and (sort of) jumping back in on the game. Honestly, why take this merchant out?

Even leave the quests on a weekly schedule as it already is, to get a full months sub out of the deal from returning players, etc etc.
  18. Lucus Well-Known Member

if your friend has a laptop she can install or copy EQ2 from her main computer to the laptop and while she is away she could get the network wireless name and password where she is staying and log in to do the quest when she has a few minutes to spare.

it's the only way i could see her getting the next quest without giving her acct info to a friend.
  19. Kari Well-Known Member

Double check the dates she will be gone and compare to the quest days of Tuesday - Monday. My husband and I will be on a 10 day cruise during the event but we will still be able to do the quest every week because of how the dates fall. We will just have to do one quest right before we leave and then do the following week's quest the day after we get home.
  20. Rocketjones Active Member

Can't remember where I read, a DEV stated Yun Zi will not go away after the event which makes me think, neither will the quests.