Days of Summer!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xtaroth, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Kielex Well-Known Member

It never happened before that when a level cap got raised from 70 to 80 for example, there would be a potion to take you to level 80 immediately at the end of an expansion. Tithe is a leveling system, not a gearing system, it really isn't so difficult to understand.
  2. Rocketjones Active Member

To be fair, the bauble should reward xp. That way it is added to tithe xp pool, instead of rewriting said xp pool. Then peeps who had 30+ pot would now have something like 40 pot.
  3. Kielex Well-Known Member

I think most people with high tithe know their classes very well, they know their maximum potential and the reason to grind tithe is to increase that maximum potential to a higher cap. This 1% I am referring to was also excelling during ToT and previous expansions.
  4. Kielex Well-Known Member

What I would think is fair is divine potency transferred to divine crit bonus in a lowered ratio way.
  5. Ummmyeh Active Member

There was quite the spirited discussion on Discord when this all started coming about and was in the early stages. You know with actual devs and things. Maybe you should go search it and make your own judgment on the conversation. It is not like you are making a new argument or anything. This topic was hot a month ago. Not so much now. I will give you credit for trying though.
  6. Kielex Well-Known Member

They also promised battlegrounds this expansion, I don't see them though.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Grinding does take a lot of skill... this is true. ;)
    Mathafern likes this.
  8. Kielex Well-Known Member

When did I ever say it takes skill? It does take skill to do it at a great rate I must say.
  9. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Drive, determination, and lots of free time to game are all wonderful things. They are not skill, however.
    If you want to prove that you are skilled, you do things that others can't, with the same set of parameters.
    Proving that you can do more than others when you have better gear and higher stats just proves that you have better gear and higher stats.

There are definitely players in the game who are more skilled than others. There are just a lot of players who think they are those players who aren't.
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

I'll be completely honest, I have no sympathy for someone doing something trivial for 2-8 hours a day to get BiS type stuff. You should have to do something challenging, not just running around spamming blue buttons as a swash in a zone created 4 years ago, that was trivial 3 years ago, to get things like potency. Grinding trivial content shouldn't be rewarded.

That being said, I think they should absolutely make a new contested to grind in KA, or the next expac.
    Juraiya, Snikkety and Dude like this.
  11. Ryuken Active Member

How many blue buttons does a Swash have?

Is it the class with the most blue buttons?
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

Lemme give you the Swash DPS strat. These are OP Pro Strats:

Temp buff, Temp buff, Sunder, Dagger Storm, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE, Blue AE.

(I didn't mention ascension because everyone front loads ascensions)
    Snikkety likes this.
  13. Ryuken Active Member

No cooldown on the blues?
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Since apparently this is gamebreaking to you, I will give you a quote from Kander "If you don't like it, don't play". There is no reason under the sun to keep this argument going any longer than you already have.

Your options are to play the game the way it is or quit. Pick one.

When LoN closed down and we no longer got 5 packs per month with our EQ2 All Access Subscription, we were told there would be no compensation for those that had prepaid yearly and that nothing would be added to our subscriptions to replace the value for the loss of the packs every month. You are in a similar situation. You chose to spend many hours doing something that you now consider to be wasted time. Nobody forced anybody to spend that amount of time doing that activity, you made a choice freely to do so, I chose not to do so.

Guess what, when the servers are shut down permanently, you and I will both have the same thing, nothing at all, but fond memories, but I will have a one up on you, I won't have the aggravation that you have.

Cyrrena
    Juraiya, Snikkety, Ummmyeh and 2 others like this.
  15. Kielex Well-Known Member

I am not speaking for myself, I am speaking in the name of justice (ok that sounded real cheesy but u know what I mean).
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The catch is that this is the nature of ongoing online games, especially subscription-based ones. To keep the challenge and to ensure that content is relatively balanced and all players are able to start fairly equally, the gear and stats are tweaked, reset, changed, added, updated. The higher-end players can and will once again progress through the content and filter back to the top.

It is not injustice, it is necessity.
  17. Chocoholic Active Member

Just going to reply to the OP (quoted above) since this has kind of gone off the rails -- adding my thanks to the devs. I am focusing on progression server right now but have characters on Live also.

I was waffling about resubbing but think I will go ahead -- although probably not annual at this point. Thanks for the neat stuff! :D :p
    Juraiya, Jrox, Shmogre and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kielex Well-Known Member

Which is why I agree that all this is a good idea BUT any form of compensation would be fair.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

no it just has 2 that continually reset, zerkers and sks have the most blues
  20. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Echoing what Chocoholic said (and thanks for the "back on topic" nudge ;) )...this was a creative and clever way to give people the ability to prep for the new expansion while still making it feel like part of the world of Norrath (and not just a "/claim your items").

My alts and I thank you.
    Juraiya and Prissetta like this.