YUN ZI ONLY FOR LEVEL 100 PLAYERS?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fiadhe, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Fiadhe Member

oh yes, all my toons got were three little windows for their house. Sheesh !!
    I still think it's totally unfair, and how on earth am I going to get them all to 100 without spoiling my adventure fun?
    This is forcing me to rush via raid or dungeon and I don't think that is right.
    We should all be allowed to go at our own pace.
    And why shouldn't I have more than one toon, half the fun is experimenting with different classes and learning what they can do.
    Sorry, but I still think DB should have given the goodies to ALL the toons on an account.
    I am not happy.
    AND the new toon i made with the 100 level token has huge issues with bag alignment. Even the Maintained spells is out of alignment. tried everything but all bags half disappear into the top of the screen. Ever tried crafting when you can't see what you have in your bag? Yes i submitted a bug report. Yes I tried "Help" several times but did not get connected.
    It's been a real BAD day and I am not happy.
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

I have to admit I would never have even considered this problem prior to this thread since my characters are all at 100 (even the long neglected ones) and the level cap has been 100 for years now. I do think the OP has a reasonable complaint about not gaining access to the tithe baubles, prestige house, decorations and maybe even the merc.

On the other hand, I have no problem with the gear, adorns, and most obviously the ascension boost being restricted to level 100 characters only. In their current form those items would be grossly overpowered below level cap. My above comment on the tithe bauble assumes characters below 100 have access to the deity tithe points? Is that the case?

It would be nice if someone with a red name would confirm if the merchant npc will stay put after the event ends. If so, then I really would have to call this much ado about nothing.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Sub-100 characters do have access to diety tithe points. They come slower than they do at 100 (for obvious reasons) but they can gain and spend them. I've got several lower level alts who've gotten a few points spread around. I don't personally have a problem with them not having access to the boost baubles though until they are higher in level.

I agree though, as long as the merchant is going to be hanging around, I don't see this as a problem. If the merchant is going to be going poof in October, then everything needs to be visible for everyone even if you can't use it until you are 100 adventurer.
    Juraiya, GrunEQ and Azian like this.
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

Good to know. Yes, I agree about the buying even if not usable until later part as well.
  5. Fiadhe Member

I think maybe you might have mis-read my post.
    If ALL toons on an account can STORE the rewards in their bank or home, for FUTURE use, then that would be reasonable.
    I simply think it is unfair to block out the rewards when they were advertised as being available. Nothing was said about having to be level 100.
    And, of course nobody can actually use them until they are 100. So WHY can't we get them and store them until we reach that level? They aren't tradeable and you can't put them in shared bank, so why restrict it?
    GrunEQ likes this.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Fiadhe, I understand the frustration, but the main purpose of this summer event is to get current KA-level toons ready for the upcoming expansion. There has been a huge stat gap introduced with KA with gear and deity points, so this is a way to give people the opportunity to get their level 100 toons and alts up to speed before the expansion starts.

For your toons that aren't yet level 100, or who might miss the summer event, the devs have promised a way to catch up once the event is over:
    [IMG]

(Regarding the bag placement on the screen, if you reset the location for all windows does that help? You can find the reset button in Options (alt-o), User Interface, Game Windows, Reset Location for All Windows.

You can also right-click inside the bag and chose "Window Settings", "Default Location" and see if that helps.)
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

You have a point that it doesn't explicitly say level 100, but the article says:

"Maybe you’ve been away for a while and need a quick way to catch up to play with your friends or you need a bit of a boost so you can run those expert heroic zones, or perhaps your house is feeling a little stale and needs some redecorating?"

Mentioning catching up and the expert heroic zones both refer to the current end-game content, and as you mentioned, the house items are indeed available to all level toons. As I posted above, the devs have promised a way to catch up even after this event ends, so with luck, we'll be seeing you and your toons in the new expansion...see you around Norrath!
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Fiadhe Member

Thank you for your feedback Shmogre :) I appreciate it.
    Yes I tried Reset. I also tried right-click the bag. Nothing seems to work.
    Tried several times to send in a petition in game, that is not working either. It's very frustrating :confused:
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. NecroXeno New Member

You'll be able to access the rewards once those characters hit 100, the rewards are tied behind how many of the weeklies you've done and it's available to all of your character. You can do the weekly on a sub-100 toon and once you hit 100 all of those rewards will be available for purchase (for 0c) from the vendor so you can pick-up what those toons have.

You have at least 9 weeks, just looking at some of the requirements for the items, and probably longer than that depending on how long they keep the merchant around. Shouldn't really need to rush anything
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. Fiadhe Member

Thank you NecroXeno, I shall try and get them to 100 although I don't like rushing.
    I am looking forward to the Mara home as I have been longing for one of those forever :)
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Miss Mousie New Member

I Have 100 Toons And I Cant Even Get Them Without "Membership" I Mean Seriously,Whats Wrong With Free Players? Cant Even Chat With Others.
  12. Fiadhe Member

oh Miss Mouse, that really is unfair after all your hard work :eek:
    If I had a spare Krono I would give it to you. You deserve it after getting them all to 100.
  13. Miss Mousie New Member

Thank You,Fiadhe.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Another thing you can try is to load the UI settings from a toon that is set up correctly: Type /load_uisettings in the chat window and select a toon in the window that pops up. Luck!!

(Btw, you can also send a petition from a browser outside the game (if the issue is that /petition isn't working for you...if that's not it, ignore the rest of this <grin> ).

Go to daybreakgames.com and click on "Support" over on the top right, then click the orange "GET HELP" button. Enter anything the search box that comes up and hit Enter, then click the "ANSWER NOT THERE. CONTINUE." button. It should have you log in to your Daybreak account, and then you'll be able to submit a petition.)
    Lateana and Prissetta like this.
  15. Fiadhe Member

Thank you Shmogre, I really appreciate your advice :)
  16. Fiadhe Member

Shmogre, you are a genius :)
    I typed load_uisettings and it worked !!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH :)
    You deserve a HUGE hug - me blushes ;)
    Lateana, Juraiya, GrunEQ and 2 others like this.
  17. Shmogre Well-Known Member

WOO WOO!! Congrats!! Big bonecrunching ogre hugs to you!!

(Don't let the forum pic fool you...Ogre Shmogre is a big green hugging machine. :D )
    GrunEQ and Prissetta like this.
  18. Ratza Well-Known Member

According to Caith the Panda is here to stay. :)
    Juraiya, GrunEQ, Katz and 4 others like this.
  19. Caith Developer

Correct, Yun Zi won't be going anywhere any time soon. I mean, why would he? That is what he is having YOU do for him! ;)
    wiouxev2, Lateana, Finora and 11 others like this.
  20. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Now that is awesome news!