Days of Summer!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xtaroth, Aug 1, 2017.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the honest answer.

So your friends kept doing it even when they weren't having fun?
  2. Kielex Well-Known Member

Yes, they are very competitive.
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You have been playing since 2016? Or is that just your shadownight?

The reason I'm asking is that what just happened is nothing new to this game at all, players like me who have been here since 2004, have seen it happen over and over again.

If you and your friends just started recently, then I can understand ( a bit) where the anger is coming from.
  4. Kielex Well-Known Member

Give one example of a leveling system being overthrown within one xpac.
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Every expac since the game came out? You want to make this all about tithe, but really its not.

And I'll give you a recent example, since infusing is a leveling system.

ToT before the great plat exploit had "competitive players" spending hundreds of thousands of plat (did I mention this was before the exploit, back when plat was still worth a lot) infusing what they thought was the best gear available until the next expac.

Then the devs added a new tier of gear (and in the old zones, not in expert zones like KA), meaning all the time and farming and plat that they acquired (including spending real money on kronos) was now WORTHLESS.

Your friends on the other hand, aren't losing one single tangible thing at all, only boasting rights.
    Quillyne, Ursa Minor and Prissetta like this.
  6. Kielex Well-Known Member

You see it as boasting yet these players will belong to the top 1% anyway because they are the most skilled and thoughtful. The thing with infusion is that people knew new gear upgrades would cause the infusions to be a waste eventually. The thing with tithe is that it was promised to be something permanent.
  7. Unbekannt New Member

I am a casual "sometimes" Player (3-4 times a week after work) and the potency of my toon is 30k with 32 tithe-points.

I bought for real money some DBC and used it for tithe-coins. So yes, I am not happy about a 10-minute-quest to get 30 tithe-points. And yes, i expect some reward for real money.
    Kielex likes this.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

>top 1% and most skilled
    >veni vidi vici

Pick one
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It is permanent. Did the baubles somehow magically reset your friends tithe to less than they had before?

No. They. Did. Not.
    Jabbso and Prissetta like this.
  10. Kielex Well-Known Member

Defails, Oxyian, Ashandra, want more names?
    Also for the record, Defails was the number 1 best dps during ToT. You know it.
  11. Healsu Active Member

I feel a Seinfeld Quote coming.................
  12. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Stuff like this makes me miss flames...
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

I miss German beer :(
    Milchbart and Ummmyeh like this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't realize that you don't comprehend written English. I am not making an argument. I am telling you how it will be. There will be no compensation.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Tithe is just another gearing mechanism contributing to stats; every new expansion starts with some change to the baseline that puts at-level players on a fairly level playing field when starting the new content. Much as raid gear becomes a bit less powerful when a new expansion is launched and a new progression path is made available, the devs now have to include deity points in that consideration.

Devs have said that their goal is to bring the tithe gap to within 5% for the start of the new expansion. The Days of Summer event is a clever way to achieve that goal, while making it possible for people to gear up and even play alts that may have been neglected (by necessity and consequence of design).

I understand the frustration of working and grinding for gear and stats that are trivialized by game updates, but without that gear and stat reset when new content is released, there would be nothing to earn and nothing to work for.
  16. Ummmyeh Active Member

Thought you and your "friends" were quitting? :rolleyes:
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

This ^

One of the main things that caused me to quit EQ1, as a HC raider, 12 years ago, was having to "work" so hard for progression only for it to mean nothing on the new xpac and I'm at the same level as casual joe...rinse and repeat.

Unfortunately, that's the only way, otherwise you have this massive divide like we had with the tithe points and no one can catch up. You have to actually enjoy "the grind" or the "journey" to get to the top, rather than enjoying being at the top...because you'll never be up the top for long.

So those that got high tithe - you got your benefits for a bit, but it's time to level the playing field again. I'm sorry but you can't expect to be uncontested at the top forever and never have other people catch up, MMORPGs don't do that. It's up to you to decide if the "work" you have to put in to be "trailblazers" is worth it or if you prefer to follow the trail later when it becomes easier.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

Top 1% for actual skill, or because they had 8 hours a day to grind out so much tithe as to put them ahead no matter what? And now they'll actually have to show that skill and not their grinding skill.
    Tekka likes this.
  19. Milchbart Active Member

You got the reward already instantly. For some months you had a clear advantage comparing to others. I bought in the past several tims Kronos for real money, sold them ingame and used the plat to buy from broker new gear. With every new expansion or summer event it became useless. It is the same principle and several poster explained that already. Every advantage is temporary, that is the basis of any mmo." Work" hard or use money, it is always your free decision and it is always a temporary advantage. Nothing in this game is for a long time.
    Ursa Minor and Shmogre like this.
  20. Kielex Well-Known Member

What is your source? Your own mind it must be, that is not what forums are for. Forums are for opinions and discussion (now I am not sure if you know what discussion means, but it sure as heck isn't the "No, it won't be that way because I think so" way). So you can either question my ability to read English or question what you are actually doing here instead of just saying "No" because you feel like there shouldn't be a compensation.