Days of Summer!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xtaroth, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Kielex Well-Known Member

They don't reward raid gear at the end of an expansion for free. They don't reward you with anything aside from a few new inflated pieces that lead to next expansion. So I have to disagree with you there. Bigtime. Also, for the record, tithe was introduced in ToT, not KA.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The new form of tithe definitely came to be during KA, I bet nobody really cared about grinding it before the change...
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP (and most of the others here) - thank you very much for this! It's such a relief to be able to catch up with things! It has even nudged me into renewing my annual, feeling that the game just might be back on track again. :)
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

All your video does is show how easy it was, and why it got nerfed...
    Ummmyeh, Conifur, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

Cirvandal and I run through KA heroics like this now. For us most content is a lot easier than for you, at the time we grinded HKC like that you would probably wipe many times, which is why HKC was on lockdown by the strongest players.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I could easily do and did solo tithe runs in contested HKC / Pirates / Kralet Penumbra before it got nerfed... stop being silly.
    Dude likes this.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh yeah in contested Ossuary too... forgot about that one.
  8. Kielex Well-Known Member

I am referring to pre-KA
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

lol ... gotta love the epeen measuring. It's very impressive ... really ... I wouldn't just say that to make you feel good. :rolleyes:
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You know what? I doubt it, and I also really don't care... all your whining about how unfair it is only really making sure the developers don't give you what you want.

And I can live with that.
  11. Kielex Well-Known Member

You doubt it? Then why is devastation strike not oneshotting mobs? And if you don't care, why do you keep responding without giving one constructive argument to why there should be no compensation.
  12. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Because I don't need to (again)? Enough people including myself have already told you why we don't think you should or will receive compensation, both in your thread that got removed (which I also think was pretty lame) and in this one.
    Ummmyeh likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with "should." There will be no compensation. Maybe this is your first MMO, but it's not mine. You work hard, you get stuff, and then the game changes making all your hard work meaningless. That's the way these things work. Just ask anyone how awesome their ToT raid gear was when KA opened.
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  14. Milchbart Active Member

Ok,ok, its out of topic again, but in Germany you would get 15 to 20 bottles of really perfect good beer for 12 US$ (10,5 Euro).:p
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  15. Tajar Well-Known Member

Most probably could have solo'd any of those contested zones pre KA. I could, when there was any bloody mobs up. It was rarely about ability, it was that an entire zone could be locked down by one person and no further instances spawned for many of those. You can be totally feckin uber, but that does you no good if another person has the whole zone cleared. So good for you lot who were 'uber' and/or had 2-8 hours a day to keep those zones on lock down so no one else could come in and grind their tithe. And also good for you for never sharing that xp by grouping. Many a time I went in and found a place on lock down but that sole person would not group up so we could both get the xp. It was sheer greed.

So you had your 2-8 hours a day to be greedy with a contested zone, and you got to be way ahead of the rest of us who do not have all that time regardless of our skill levels, for a nearly a whole expansion. Players like that made that gulf between players so vast and are making balancing much harder. So now the Devs are doing what they can to fix it so they can balance the next expac around most people having roughly the same level of tithe.

It sucks for those that did all that grinding and have 50, 60, 70 levels of potency, but you can't pretend you didn't have any idea that something would have to happen to level the field again.

As for tithe being out in ToT, that is true, but I think most of us spent ToT on buying Devastation of War and stuff LOL. We did not understand just how much effect the points in Pot/CB/Sta had at the time.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Kielex Well-Known Member

Tithe is a leveling system that was completely broken. Gearing up is standard. Your argument is completely invalid because you don't know how tithe was intended to be.
  17. Milchbart Active Member

I totally disagree with all these people who are claiming they worked for nothing, they need a compensation, finally they have a right to be better!
    1. Most important point, nobody "works" for anything. If it would be work, I would ask for a salary! This is a game. You can enjoy the game, including all grinding of deity points or not. If yes, do it, if not stop it (like me).
    2. Since very first expansion and very first increase of max. level, it was always totally normal to loose all advantage in 1 day. With 10 level more and completly new gear everybody had always to wast everything he had before, no matter he run epic dungeons 1000 times or never. A small increase of potency is nothing against that.
    3. Even if we agree in this useless argument "I worked hard for 50 pointsand you get it for free", how big is the influence really? A hard core player, with all gear from Expert dungeons and ethereal event has today 30.000 pot or more. A casual "sometimes" player has maybe 10.000 pot today and maybe 12.000 or 13.000 in 9 weeks. Of, course all other stats have a similare discrepancy and they are not changing. Everybody should think about these values, before he/she is getting a crying fit.
    4. Even if we believe this 50 deity points would change the world now, the basis of this game was from the beginning, you earn something, but only because you have to earn something new in the next step. I am pretty sure latest with next expansion in some months every value, every stat, every item of today is not better than the newspaper of yesterday.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Kielex Well-Known Member

I am not disagreeing on the implementation but I think there should be some kind of reward for those who basically got screwed over. How would you feel if you raided an entire expansion and a few months before the next expansion ALL the raid loot will be given away for 0 copper?
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Kielex, I have one question for you.

Were you having fun while grinding?
  20. Kielex Well-Known Member

No, which is why I didn't grind all the way up to 50 but to 30. After 30 I got up to almost 40 by doing heroics now and then until 36 where I rushed a few levels in a week time doing all KA heroic quests everyday.