Mara Estate home as a /reward/... :D

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ocarinah, Gretel, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get this house! I know a number of people who will have a blast with this house (me . . . :rolleyes: )
    Ocarinah, Wizzam, Gretel and 3 others like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Where is my Qho Augren plushie?
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

I can't believe that we finally get it and it is free!
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

It's in game already. You can tour it from the prestige housing hub in your home city.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

NO QHO, I went to tour a house today and made the mistake of talking to the qho they had there and I'm stuck with him following me for an hr :/ he will not shut up.... YAY the house !!! And the event excited!
    Ocarinah, Wizzam, Gretel and 2 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You couldn't actually Visit/Tour as of yesterday. If they got that fixed, groovy, but I hope the bugs are worked out in it.

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Gretel like this.
  8. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Super excited that they finally are making this house available and as a epic quest reward like we requested in the community round table. Some /feedback I just sent is to move the house exit portal to the location you zone into by the cave. It seems weird to just have it hanging out there by the beach. Also half the homes you can't get into and prefer that we could. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I toured it yesterday on Thurgadin. I also tried to tour the Relic house and I think I broke it! LOL. . . Thurgadin came down and then they were fixing something. . . :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If by "breaking" you mean the walls and floors on the outside weren't behaving correctly, then don't worry, it's not you, luv... ;->

Uwk
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Uh . . . yeah. . but the whole server went down. I got booted out. I thought it was due to falling through the world. . but later (after I had looged off my computer) I noticed they had an announcement that they were fixing Thurgadin. But yeah. . there was a big gaping hole beneath the house. . . and some kind of big block that I went don into tht wasn't solid and I fell through. Fortunately I was on my mount!
  12. Gretel Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that would be what we'd normally think of as "breakout" area, and that there are some invisible walls/ceiling missing that would keep us from going outside the central area. I've seen exactly the same thing and fallen through the world in many a breakout where, frankly, there's just nothing there because they didn't code collision/walls/floor/whatever. :)
  13. Haohmaru Developer

Correct! Many moons ago (this is always something fun to bring up once in a while) we left collision on large parts of terrain outside of the guildhalls. You were never intended to get out there and we actually had a semi-elaborate system in place to get you back in to the GH if you tried (I want to say teleport pads were introduced about this time? And the trick to breakout more easily began with them?). Ultimately, it was futile to contain players when such a carrot was dangling. I remember touring one of the first large scale breakouts out in Commonlands (within the GH) and being amazed. We had considered removing collision from the terrain as the fix but instead embraced the creativity seen and looked that-a-way.

From that point on, breakouts were 'unofficially supported', meaning, we would make proper collision for a zone to keep you in the 'supported' space, but if you wanted to break out, it was a conscious thing and missing collision/floors/etc are to be expected.

Which brings me to the Relic home. I think I actually forgot to add a ceiling to keep you in the 'supported' area, but I also added collision to the massive exterior plane knowing it would be found and enjoyed. Again though - it's unofficially supported, of course ;)
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

Give a decorator an inch and you just know we'll take a mile:p
  15. Gretel Well-Known Member

Wow! :eek: This is awesome and great to know. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. :D
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Any chance of letting us know when the relic home will be made available and how we can obtain it? :D