Days of Summer!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xtaroth, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Ummmyeh Active Member

THIS!!! It could not have been better said.
    Adaac and Lateana like this.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The event isn't reason enough? Seriously?
    Juraiya and Adaac like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Tekka, I don't play other games so don't have a basis to judge. However I noticed something curious in your statement. You said it is the most restrictive free to play model and the fewest perks to subscribers. Others say EQ2 has the model closest to actual subscribership. You don't cite specifics so its difficult to assess. However, if EQ2 has the fewest perks, wouldn't that mean it's FTP model is pretty close to subscription? If not, perhaps a few specific examples would be helpful.
    Mermut and Ursa Minor like this.
  4. Dolgrin Active Member

I am realy $$%§" off.

Every day there were a minimum of three threads - More love for alts.

Now we all got it!!!

It is not bugged.
    It is not a grind.
    It is not laggy.

And what many ppl here do?
    They are crying that the mains are don't get anything.

The same ppl yesterday or the day before cried "More love for alt" now complaining "no love for my main".

I suggest the ppl should calm down, drink a tea, rethink and like me say:

Good Job Dev's.
    Malombra, Jrox, Juraiya and 8 others like this.
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Yes it really is a good move on their part.

Good Job Devs!
    GrunEQ, Jrox, Malleria and 4 others like this.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The problem is that they have largely ignored people's concerns the bulk of this expansion and in doing so have at times been dismissive, sarcastic, and belittling. They have pushed many players beyond the point of no return. Although I am glad to see them doing something, I think it is a little to late to bring a lot of people back, but time will tell.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

*edit* As true as that is...

That has nothing to do with either what he wrote or what I wrote. ftp isn't leaving the game.

If this event isn't enough to get a ftp to sub again then I don't know what he expects. 1000 dollars transferred to his PayPal account if he subs again?
    Jrox, Juraiya and Dude like this.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

My solution is to shut down official forums. It's only a matter of time before it has happened.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

And thankfully your opinion really doesn't matter in this regard.
    Juraiya, Snikkety, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I was making a general observation about the event, not addressing the FTP argument as you correctly pointed out.
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  11. Milchbart Active Member

I can only agree. 2 months ago I had to take a break from EQ2. First my computer was faulty and I had to buy a new one. Than I had much work to do. Finally I didnt missed the endless grinding of KA and came to the conclusion, I have better things to do now in summertime. Last week I had a look to EQ2U and found out all my friends doubled almost all their stats within a few weeks, obviously again by endless grinding. Ok, I thought, maybe Evergrinding 2 is not any longer the game I wish to continue.

I have the feeling the devs corrected an important mistake now. The gap between 24/7 players and people who have still a life byside the computer has to come down to normality. A little bit more potency for "free" is a good way. On Friday I am back home and I will give it a new try.

Good Job Devs!
    :)
    Juraiya, Dude and Lateana like this.
  12. Milchbart Active Member

Sorry, but you are wrong. Of course you can always find some people, who just criticize, because they love to critizise, but a lot of critic here in the forum is useful and just now you can see devs are reading it. The too big gap between hard core gamer and casuals was a central topic of the forum since months.
  13. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It's not like only EQ2 abused by people who are constantly trying to blame someone or put another one down.
    It's a generic problem. And I see a lot of forums on web-sites dealing with news are closed.
    BBC, CNN, other news sites. Some of them had public forums in the past but they don't have it anymore.
  14. Milchbart Active Member

Ok, you can say, it is a general tendency to close forums, but nevertheless this forum is useful for players and devs.
    GrunEQ and Mermut like this.
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Its called social media... and comment sections

99% of the official game related forums are still there because of the benefit they provide.

Comparing CNN to EQ2 is funny however.
  16. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is useful. The biggest idea behind the forum is to promote the game and find new players. It is not happening, sadly enough.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

That's not the idea behind a game forum at all. A game forum is a tool for the plays and developers to interact.

What you are talking about is a main page run by a marketing department.

And if your goal was to derail this thread you are doing one heck of a good job!
    GrunEQ, Juraiya, Snikkety and 3 others like this.
  18. Ryuken Active Member

False, games with very restrictive free to play models (much more restrictive than EQ2) are WoW and Age of Conan.
  19. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I haven't played AoC in years, but WoW just has a 20 level free trial unless something has changed very recently. I don't think that can be counted as an actual free to play game. I don't ever recall them even billing it as one.
  20. Breta Well-Known Member

Definitely move in the right direction, thanks devs. I'm just worried it might be to late.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.