Days of Summer!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xtaroth, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Xtaroth New Member

Thanks Devs! The amount of stuff from this merchant makes me one happy iksar. I'm not usually one for 'essentially free' stuff but I can't say no to house, decoration, merc, mount, gear, adorns, deity points....etc. Feels like Frostfell in August!
    GrunEQ, Adaac, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

yeah,.. and notice,... Membership required on ALL items, and multiple weeks' worth (like nine(9)) of completed Weeklies,...
  3. Alexstrasza Active Member

Is there a reason you think people who don't pay for this game are entitled to some of the best perks of being a paid subscriber?
    Adaac likes this.
  4. Ingenio New Member

Does that deity thing work with new accounts? Do you think it's nice to spend 100 mil hours grinding tithe for your main to be really good and then when you have 51 pot realize that any newbie can have the same amount in a few weeks doing 2-mins qs? I'm gonna quit. Thanks to make me fed up with it.
  5. vurluk New Member

Do we know how much grinding these quests will require?
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

First week is easily done, no combat required. Longest part is the zoning necessary to complete it.
    Juraiya, santargria and Prissetta like this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

no, human.
    it is to assure everyone realizes the FULL costs of what is being presented.
    /e rolls eyes.
  8. Alexstrasza Active Member

I miss when you could only play this game if you were a paid sub, now everyone expects everything just to be spoon fed to them for whatever reason.
    Adaac and Kioske like this.
  9. Healsu Active Member

In the coming months there will hopefully be a expansion 14 and doing this tithe bauble is a great way for alts and everyone else to get caught up . sorry if the people who have grinded to 50+ feel slighted but for months you repat the rewards of high potency and that's great it truly is but alts have suffered and new to the game peeps have suffered. this is well needed to help with starting to balance the over all player base.
  10. semisus Does not play this game

i wont say no to free stuff either , potency well ok i guess its needed to keep everyone at same playing level.
    wish i had done stamina or crit bonus instead now.
    the mercenary? well cool
    the cyans? umm it makes those expert cyans useless.. and has same stats as t4 raid ones?
    oranges etc?
    i like handouts , but i guess this was might taking it to far.
    Mathafern likes this.
  11. Melckore Member

If DBG is going to continue to offer FTP then there should be an offering for the FTP community. The amount of gear that is already unwearable is disappointing to say the least. Now with this there is nothing to even entice players back to the point that they might want to sub again.

Honestly DBG should just go back to sub only if they are going to continually snub the FTP peeps. That or just call it what it is Pay To Win and offer it for a price on the marketplace.
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thanks, Devs!! <3 this event.

Yep, I'd worked hard for Deity pts, but it is a real struggle for those that return to the game. Glad to see there is a route for them to catch up.

And....YES, there is finally a Lion Mount that is not Patchcraft, nor does cost 300mil Status! <3 <3 <3
    Malombra, GrunEQ, Juraiya and 9 others like this.
  13. Jabbso Active Member

For someone who hates the grinding and is way behind the curve on tithe points such I say yipppeeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry, not sorry, to all those who spent hours grinding tithe.

It's like all my christmases and birthdays have come at once!
    Kittybock and Juraiya like this.
  14. Healsu Active Member

As for the FTP player base sorry but it costs $14 a month to sub and keep money invested into a game you play. I know some FTP peeps purchase items from market place and that's great but having a paying player base from subs is what helps this game moving forward. If you don't like the rules then pay the $14 and enjoy the benefits that come with it.

$14 1 month sub
    $14 2 Mcdonalds meal in a month
    $14 2 packs of smokes n a month
    $14 1 movie ticked in a month
    $14 12 pack of beer etct etc etc
    GrunEQ, Kittybock, Mathafern and 2 others like this.
  15. Alexstrasza Active Member

2 packs of smokes?!?!?! in Manhattan 1 pack of smokes is like $12 now lol.
  16. Azian Well-Known Member

In every game I've played with a FTP model they always, ALWAYS want you to spend money one way or another. The FTP model for all of them is intended to be just enough to get you interested or willing to spend money. They are all in the business of making a profit. EQ2 is no exception. FTP is fine for those who want to accept the limits but if you want to enjoy the full game, you need to pay. FTP doesn't keep the lights on.
    GrunEQ, Juraiya, Udonn and 2 others like this.
  17. Noctew Active Member

EQ2 probably still is the game with the least amount of restrictions for free players of all games on the market. You can play everything up to Thalumbra without paying a single penny except for some rehashed fabled zones. You can even play every zone in the current expansion except you can't wear some PRESTIGE items, and there is a suitable non-prestige replacement for almost everything except the Tome of the Ascended.

You can complain about many things in EQ2 but you cannot complain about lack of content for F2P players without looking like a fool or someone who just enjoys complaining. And even if that was a valid complaint, are $9.99/month with 500 SC cashback really too much?
    Ambi, Juraiya, Jrox and 1 other person like this.
  18. Tekka Well-Known Member

Objectively false. EQ2 has one of (if not the) most restrictive free model, in addition, they have the fewest perks for subscribers. This can be measured by simple comparison.

Now, I wouldn't make that claim for all games on the market, just the ones I have personal experience with in the past year.

I am curious how you've come to your conclusion, because it doesn't match my experience.
  19. Castegyre Well-Known Member

It's all a scam, really. SOE had to try f2p to help save their games and maybe their company. F2p was young in the west then and had a bad rap. People hated it. I hate it still, but it had to be done. The tiny bubble that is the EQ2verse has been full of ****hurt players who've hated it and railed against anyone who isn't part of the cool kid sub club ever since. Let us not even mention that this game would probably not be here still without it.

Now the f2p model is a mess. It is not good compared to several other games I've played in the last couple of years since half of the employees were fired and the dark times began. Now it seems that at every turn the company is trying to find one more way to strong arm people into paying a sub and throwing cash at the marketplace at the same time. This event is just another attempt to marginalize those not subbed while coercing them into forking over $45. Go back and read or watch some of the conversation about how f2p was supposed to work in SOE games back when they were first trying it out on Freeport and see if recent practices mesh up with what they wanted to achieve.

I'm sure if they thought they could the company would do away with f2p all together, except if they tried there are many thousands of players who are active or once played that would be screwed over. A lot of those players are people who throw enough money at the cash shop that they shouldn't have to pay a sub at all. CN wouldn't want to miss out on their money. DBG can't afford more bad word of mouth in the greater MMO community. F2p is here for a reason, and unless something drastic changes it isn't going away. But, unless something changes, it's not going help keep propping this mess up like it once did.

But, yay for the summer thingy and 9 weeks of whatever. Still not good enough to get me to sub again. Whine on.
  20. Alexstrasza Active Member

You don't actually believe any of this do you?