PG Crashes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Borrachon, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Borrachon New Member

When is daybreak going to address crashes in game? I just crashed 6 times in a single pg run. There is no way to get your bonus coins if you crash. It took over 30 mins to complete. These crashes need to be addressed.
  2. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

The game is stable on my computer. Why is it not stable on your computer?
    Is your computer good enough to run the game (see hardware specifications)?
    Which OS do you have? Have you updated your graphic card drivers?
    Is you Internet stable? Do you have background programs running like torrent?
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

No, I haven't tried it. Is PG much different from PQ?
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It puts your toon on a completely separate server, and yes there are login / crash issues and have been from the beginning.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

It is very buggy. I haven't crashed during a PG but I crash zoning across servers or into the instance a lot. Then character select is empty and i have to spam my arrow keys until my toons repopulate it.

Two of my characters sometimes have a number behind their name when they zone in (e.g. Karianne_104 as character name). That sometimes prevents the quests and achievements from updating. I can run the PG three times and sometimes not finish the weekly. One of my characters is set at 19 victories, and every time i complete the PG i get the 20 PG achievement, zone out and it is set back to 19, so that I get the achievement over and over every time without ever keeping it.

I would much rather see the solo PG take place as an instance on our server so we can do without all the zoning issues and weird mix ups due to changing names.
  7. Jabbso Active Member

Gotta love people who comment on something they've absolutely no knowledge of.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I've done the PGs and had no log-in, character disappearing, or crash problems. I didn't find them fun, but that's a different issue.
    santargria likes this.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You have been lucky, I've had the empty character list problem a few times but relogging has always fixed it, still makes me wary of going in there though.
  10. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

If everyone would have 6 crashes per run, then no one would participate in such activity I assume. Have you gone through the list of my advises and shut down your torrent? :)
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Proverbs 21:23 :)
  12. Borrachon New Member

I knew I would get the BS it's you not us reply. Yes my PC is fine, in fact it is a gaming pc. It is updated, fast internet, etc. No the problem is not my PC. How do I know? First because I work in I.T. Second because everyone I talk to in game has the same problem. Running groups and everyone in the group is crashing to desktop. I mention PG's and everyone says oh ya its terrible. Oh and Evguenil62 I don't run torrent. From the replies you don't know what your talking about anyway. The other day one of my toon's isn't getting the spells to populate to the spell bar in PG. So I have to use them from the spell book. I am very close to having everything I need for my main and then I am done with PG's forever. I just think Daybreak owes us to fix the crashing since we are paying them to earn a living.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Borrachon, if it helps, there is a glowing red rune on the right side of the first doorway (just inside it a bit)...if you click it, it will reset your hotbars.

You aren't alone in crashes and zoning errors in the Proving Grounds. Sadly, these issues have been a problem since they were the Battlegrounds, so I'm guessing it's not a straightforward fix. Hopefully the devs haven't given up on stabilizing the PG and/or zoning servers...
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The person who wrote that, well they do think that way about the game and have proven it in more than one post, I'd just ignore it, most of the rest of us feel your pain.
  15. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Well, try to look at it from slightly different angle. When someone says that he is having crashes running PG in EQ2 or PQ in EQ2 or raid in WoW or Outlook 365, the first thing that comes in mind is to check if PC and graphic card of the user is OK. Now that you say that you don't need help with it and that your system is OK then my only advice is to move this thread to a proper forum thread, because creating it in a Gameplay Discussion just asks to jump in and help you with any advice available :)
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Any advice that includes "Turn off your torrents" is borderline.
  17. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

My advises are
    ==============================
    Is your computer good enough to run the game (see hardware specifications)?
    Which OS do you have? Have you updated your graphic card drivers?
    Is you Internet stable? Do you have background programs running like torrent?
    ==============================
    pretty standard set of advises for modern MMO video game
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point.
  19. Borrachon New Member

Evg I put it in this forum to get more looks. People don't look under other threads. Shmogre thanks for the tip I will check that out see if I can get my hot bar spells working. I need like 5 adorns and I am done with PG's so the hell of crashing will end for me soon lol. I just wish Daybreak would address the problem. I like the idea of at least putting the solo version in an instance on your home server.
    Shmogre likes this.