Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Chrol *hugs*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Ratza Well-Known Member

When is tinkerfest? Anyone have the date?
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

Tomorrow (Thursday) on live.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We didn't see a change. Was something patched to Test or not?
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Since this goes live in less than 6 hours, and there won't be a live patch before then, I'm guessing that both Test and Live will be waiting on this fix, and the pylons will be a major slog until then. Do we have an idea of when this will be fixed during this 2-week run so we can manage expectations? If possible, I'd really like to warn folks that "Yes, the pylons are taking forever to kill, but they'll be a saner fight _____" instead of using the dreaded "soon".
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Apollo 11 Day! :D

Uwk
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

On live servers: The Northwest pillar in the Antonica PQ is still melee-unfriendly, FYI. (As another FYI, not sure if they were supposed to or not, but both Ant and CL spawned at the exact same moment once they finally fired off.)

Zzzzzthuddddddd
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Problem : PQ doesn't respawn on live.

I'm unsure at what version is on live. Pillars are very hard but they don't despawn at 25% so it might be the last version (the one that wasn't pushed to test and which we couldn't test).
  9. Dyeana Active Member

As I thought about it more, I feel the pillars should not have been adjusted to make this the mother of all difficulity. The primary focus is this is a Crafter PQ, not a level 100 KA PQ only. Sure you will have a bunch of 100s but you also can have a run with 50 level 2 to 99 crafterswhich are basically left out not.

In short with the difficulity of the pillars, it is no longer a crafter event for crafters.

Dye
  10. Chrol Developer

Hoping for a test update in the next day or two.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with Dyeana. I see the interest behind bumping a bit the hp, at least if there's a full raid, the pillar will not be oneshoted, but if the amount of HP on live is the intended final one, it's still way too high for non-KA players.
    This morning on Thurgadin, there were 15ish people around, most of them KA, I'm 96 on live (with a level 100 bauble-buffed trailing behind), there was at least 1 level 18 and one in the 20ish and I saw several conning blue or green to me, so 1/3rd of the raid was pre-KA. If only those had showed up, the event would have failed.
  12. Chrol Developer

That is very strange. I haven't touched the respawn process in awhile. I'll take a look.
  13. Chrol Developer

It appears the PQ isn't respawning if it is successfully completed, which is a bug as that makes absolutely zero sense. I submitted a fix for that and lowered the Energizer Pylon hitpoints even more. Both will go in the next hotfix (Tuesday, probably), and hopefully sooner on Test.

On live servers, I pushed those fixes so they should be good as long as neither Commonlands or Antonica shut down. That is why we didn't discover this on Test, because both zones come down shortly after nobody's in them, which is often the case on Test.

Thanks for the head's up on this!
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Whoops! Thank YOU for the fast response on this!
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

A lot of fun, thanks for it, and thanks to you once again Niami for the excellent write-up.

One discrepancy between your write up and what I experienced on live, was I didn't have to equip the monocle to be able to disarm the bombs.
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

OK by equipping it you have to double click it but it stays in your bag?
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

there's one used for crafting and one used to equip it.

Thanks Chrol, the PQ's respawned and we re-killed them just now, so the fix works. Just hope that it'll stay fixed during the night.

So the PQ didn't respawn if the zone stayed up but did respawn if the zone restarted? That's a weird one. Glad you fixed it and thanks a lot!
  18. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hey there...found a typo and a copy/paste whoops:

The typo: "...looses a few screws" should be "...loses a few screws"
    [IMG]

The whoops: Jack-o-Lantern text in the description of the Undertok Minecrawler
    [IMG]

(Also submitted in-game via /typo)
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

A question for you intrepid heroes of Test: Is there a reliable way to get around the "Too far away" message when attacking a pillar (and in one case, when trying to throw a bomb at Bhoughbh)? I've moved uphill, downhill, sideways, inside the pillar, but many of my attacks still wouldn't work. Anything I can do, or is it just a quirk of the geometry?

And a very, *very* big thanks to all of you and to the devs for the time and the tweaking and the perfecting...you guys rock.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The worst culprit for this is still the pylon in the NW corner for the Antonica PQ. It is giving melee types fits. When all else fails, use arrows is about all I can say.

Bhoughbh is a pain because he's always running all over the place. Hotbar the bomb, chase after him, and hope for the best. The range is pretty decent for them, but there are a couple spots where he's just hard to hit. (Like when he goes "mountain climbing" on one specific hillock in CL during the bomb dropping phase.)