Jrox's Dark Estate

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jrox, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Well, my house is finally complete on HoF. Cosmi did some awesome work! If anyone is interested, please feel free to take a look and offer feedback. I would do a video tour but haven't the faintest on how to that stuff. Normally I would have said nothing, but Cosmi went so far and above I had to post here. I know decorating is a big part of the game and this one felt like it needed mentioning.

Thank you, Cosmi! I absolutely love it!!
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

I'm sure one of the videographer's in this forum will be happy to do a video tour of your house for you. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jrox and kianne like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also, you can post screenshots here, though it's a wee bit more complicated than simply uploading an image here (can't be done; trust me on this... :oops:). If you have a third-party image hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket or DeviantArt (my favorite ... and no, it's not what you're thinking; it's just what they call it), then take a screenshot here (when in doubt, look on your keyboard for the PrintScrn [or whatever] button; it's what I always use) and publish it on your favorite third-party site. Then do whatever you have to do to get to upload it from there to here. What I do on DA is:

1. Publish my pic.
    2. Right-click on it and choose "View Image" from the resultant drop-down list.
    3. When the page comes up with just the image and a URL, I Ctrl+C copy the URL info.
    4. Come back here; open a post.
    5. Write copious pages of text, then decide, belatedly, a picture should be somewhere in there, too, so, click on the little icon that looks like a tree in a landscape picture (next to the little film-strip icon; finally used that the other day to do my first video link! Not that I did the video; it was from YouTube).
    6. A sub-window, Insert Image, comes up. There's a line there where you paste the copied URL.
    7. Hit the Insert button.
    8. Voila! Inserted image, much like in Word. Continue with more deathless prose. ;->

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! My bad; should've asked...is Jrox's Dark Estate the name of the house? What's the size, what city is it in, etc.? ;->

Uwk
    Merriel and Jrox like this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

Terrific home - I'm not surprised you're pleased with it:)

Ratbill, Merriel, Spextasy and 3 others like this.
  6. Xalandra Well-Known Member

The reskin is AWESOME! I just love the look and feel of this place. Such a creative way to display the statues. The aquariums are amazing as well. I really like that shark head poking out lol. Fantastic job & great video Feb!
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

The Video was amazing, thank you Febrith. I always enjoy watching them. Cosmi did an absolute knock-out job on the house. I think it took her about 7 days and she was in there more than I am on line. That's no small amount of time, I promise.

A couple of areas you missed, but it is a huge place and if you don't know what to look for it can be tough. I thought I would add a few photos of those areas to show them off. I thought the house up the path from the beachfront was just amazing. And the window that just happened to give a view of the Estate down below was an amazing lucky turn out.

This is where the path starts on the beach!
    [IMG]

This is the House, it has a few actors and as you mentioned about the altar of growth, it is the place to go to get away from the creepiness of it all!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Then there is the throne room above the torture room with the blood waterfall...
    This is how you get up there...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Once your up top...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Absolutely have no idea how she did all of this. I had to use both expanders but still had 33 items and I think like 25 building blocks still allowed.

Again, thank you so much for the video. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I do!

And to Cosmi... Thank you sooooo much. I am so happy I just gave you a theme and let you run with all of the ideas and use your paint brush to make it perfect!! Thank you!
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Name of house: Jrox's Dark Estate
    Size: Massive Home
    City: Freeport

Hope this helps bud!
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

Just wow - she did a hayoooge break out - I'm truly astonished with all that she achieved with the item count:)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Jrox and Merriel like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Beautiful...but creepy...home! I love the aquarium and that hallway with the runes in it really did give the impression of walking across nothingness.

Your images aren't working, Jrox. I had to remove my sig from the forums, because Photobucket now requires a paid membership to be able to host on third party sites. Maybe the site you used also charges now to host on third party sites too? Looks like I either need to find another site to host my images or just stop posting images entirely. Eh well, such is life. :D
  12. Febrith Well-Known Member

I can't recommend Imjur highly enough Merriel and Jrox if you're looking for a free site - I had to stop with Photobucket because I ran out of space and am too cheap to pay a hosting service!
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, thank you for that recommendation, Febrith. Cey sent me a list of a number of sites, but with time limitations, trying to research all the sites on the list seemed a bit too daunting for me. Imjur...do you mean Imgur, or is there really a site called Imjur?
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oops my bad - watching TV and browsing - sorry! Imgur indeed:)
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Haha thanks, Febrith! *Hugs* :)
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

Eric's getting it on with Sookie - it's hard to concentrate! Heh:) /hugs back!
  17. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I ran into the same thing with photobucket. :(
    I just switched to imgur and learning to use it seems pretty straight-forward. Maybe someday I'll even get around to fixing all my pictures on posts that Photobucket retroactively removed. Meanies.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I couldn't see the images either, but I've been on the receiving end of glitches from third-party sites before, so I wasn't too surprised. But after all this time, I still can't see them. :-/

Uwk
    who really, really likes www.DeviantArt.com ... you don't need to pay for anything unless you want no ads...not sure of the upper posting bytes limit, or if there even is one (though for individual snaps I use .jpg; infinitely easier) /shrug
    Merriel, Jrox and Febrith like this.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

Not sure why you guys can't see them I see them as do a few other of my guildies? I use google photos and it's free up to so much storage. I don't leave a lot of photos there, just my gaming photos and gaming videos and I am not even close to my limit yet. I wonder if they only show for chrome users? That wouldn't seem practical though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

I use Chrome, so that doesn't explain why I can't see them. All I see is a grey circle with a white outline and a line through it. :/

Edit: I just checked my settings in Chrome, don't see any reason I shouldn't see the images.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.