Please make the summer event accessible to everyone

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

All my gear is PG/Epic 2.0 except the armor, which is raid pieces. Use equivalent 11 resolve heroic pieces and you now have my stats.
    Edit: Except my belt, which I got this morning.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

That's how I came up with 6 as well.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

I prefer to do the experts but like this change because sitting for hours on end trying to find an expert group is not my idea of fun...so running heroics with those not able to do experts is a welcomed alternative.
    The_Real_Wurm and Kittybock like this.
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

We are still helping a bunch of people with 2.0 So this means that the zones don't go to waste, I really am for it.
    Naneeje, Prissetta and Ratza like this.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Thank you Wurm. As a Thurs through Sunday player, I am not tanking Heroic's well without a healer when I see Troub's, Necro's and healers tanking those zones. I am not there yet. I am looking forward to running these this weekend for actual gear I can really use with my proving grounds gear. I appreciate the change as well. As a tank, I'm trying to be good enough for Event heroics.
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Grats on the Belt!
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Thanks!
  8. Stach Well-Known Member

I understand your gear is what it is, but what are your tithe points at? You have all 4 ascension. So is mine, at one time I really worked on it. and I am betting everyone who you play with and they are regular set of people have same or better gear than you have and play at your commitment level. But look at the link over half the population does not play at that level and does not have the time to put the commitment into it, I know 5 people I play with that only one has finished their epic, and have 4 of 4 on the ascesion and their tithe is way down. That is the normal eq2 player. and the game needs to reflect them also.
  9. kluxor Well-Known Member

Plenty of eq reflects the below average player....yet the below average player thinks they deserve everything. When the casuals can't complete fluff events like frostfell then you have all right to complain, when it comes to hands down BiS items, expect it to not come as easy
  10. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

There must be a balance. If the most powerful gear is easy to obtain then hard-core players will get it in a couple of weeks and then they have left nothing to do until the next expansion. But if the most powerful gear is too hard to obtain, the casual players might be upset because they don't have time for that.
  11. Stach Well-Known Member

You act like this is a real life situation, if this was a job then I can see your point, but its not a job, its a game. Some people pay to play this game, if you have no options to achieve the event gear which is really just grinding out heroics over and over, then you will not spend your money on the game. Most people I describe in the above don't really care to get the raid loot, as they don't really care to play that aspect of the game, but when it comes to events it should be available to everyone. But, like I said most people who can crush through heroics and expert heroics don't look on it a the level of the normal player.

Plus there was a precedence for the ethereals being available to everyone, look at last years, it was in zones available to everyone. I think they did the right thing, by making it available in plain heroics, but should also have been event herocis.
    Prissetta likes this.