Please make the summer event accessible to everyone

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Jul 14, 2017.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

If you cant clear expert zones this long into an expansion, you honestly dont deserve an ethereal.

Why does everyone feel like they are entitled to BiS gear if they dont want to work for it?

I could understand if this was in the beginning of an expansion, but its almost over, with only T4s left so stop whining and progress you character.
    Snikkety and Mathafern like this.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Most people have ONE character that can run experts right now... but hey maybe they would like to get something for an alt?

And everyone IS working for it... nothing is being handed out for free.
    Kittybock, Prissetta and Alenna like this.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

They do get nerfed though as they did from TOT when KA launched.
  4. Ummmyeh Active Member

Fake news! In fact, I didn't have to replace jewelry until at least 2 months in and some scouts still prefer the purple ethereal runes to this day. You were saying?
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Referring to the ethereal runes or at least that is what I remember others being upset about. I should have been more specific. Any how, 2 months in is not that long :p.
  6. Livejazz Well-Known Member

It blows my mind that some people think getting an item from an heroic dungeon is having it "handed to them for free with no effort."

O, scratch that: they're not actually thinking.
    Prissetta, Azian and Alenna like this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Kander-Today at 5:15 PM

If you run normal heroic zones you'll be able to earn 2 coins a day, 4 f you are a subscriber. Expert zone runners can earn 4 coins a day, 8 if you sub. You can still only earn 8 total a day, so if you want to earn the max number, you'll have to run Experts to achieve that.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

So we can mix and match and earn 6? Somehow the math doesn't add up with the number of zones and daily quests we have.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Pick a heroic zone and I'll duo it. There is no challenge left in heroics.
  10. Stach Well-Known Member

This is the issue with people that play with the same people and never go outside of their circle. You realize that almost half the population cannot clear a expert zone. Go see https://tinyurl.com/yaewm5sg and the the amount of people that have actually completed those zones. Your play style and commitment to the game is very outside of the normal player in eq2.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Stach Well-Known Member

This comes from someone who is in a top 50 guild. I would believe you could do it and there is no challenge for YOU there. But most of the people in this game by looking at https://tinyurl.com/yaewm5sg do not play at the level you do. And that is why they changed it, they looked at the numbers and it did not bring up the log in numbers like previous events.
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You can run;

2 Heroics = 4 Tokens.

Or

2 Heroics + 2 Experts = 8 Tokens

Or

4 Experts = 8 Tokens.

Max Tokens available;

[IMG]
    Ratza, Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  13. Stach Well-Known Member

Errors makes more sense
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Thanks Errrorr.
    Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  15. Inyuyasha Member

that all depends on if they give more coins for Expert Zones or not. My thought was that they would give 2 coins for the expert zones and 1 coin for the Heroic zones. the scenario I pictured was that you were allowed to run two zones a day for coins either they be heroic or expert.

so in my scenario it would be

2 Heroics =4 coins (cant earn anymore after that for the day)
    1 heroic + 1 expert = 6 coins (cant earn anymore that day)
    2 Expert = 8 coins ( at max for the day)

Also as a side note: there is a bug (or at least I assume it is a bug) that the ethereal coins reward is tied to the daily for the zone.

I ran 3 heroics last night to help a guild get a mount and then ran the experts to get my coins and never got the reward but the people that had the quest still for that zone did get one.

I went into another expert that I had not previously did the heroic and I got my coins from that zone.

if this is not how it is supposed to work then it needs to be looked into, if this is how it is supposed to be I wished it was stated at the beginning

thanks
  16. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agreed! The part I am super happy about is that we can get more of our guildies into groups this way!!
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Kari Well-Known Member

So the max amount per day has increased from 6 to 8? Have they indicated if they are raising the prices of the items to offset the increased number of tokens we can earn per day?
  18. Azian Well-Known Member

Caith - Today at 11:36 AM

The way they are rewarded in expert is not changing(edited)
    Er, in expert

Caith - Today at 1:18 PM

Heroic ethereals are granted via a daily mission, there are two missions that cannot be taken at the same time. Each mission rewards a single ethereal reward crate.
    So you can run both missions to get 2 crates, and then 2 experts zones. Or you can run 2 expert zones, and then 2 missions. Or 3 expert zones, then 1 mission. Or 1 expert zone, then 1 mission, then 2 expert zones. Or just 4 expert zones.(edited)
    You can even do 1 expert, 1 mission, 1 expert, then 1 mission!
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Conifur Well-Known Member

Do you have an Epic 2.0? If so you should get rid of it, was not hard to get and the "work" was mostly annoying gates.
    Do you have the off-hand for completing 30 quest? Might want to get rid of that as well, you did not "work" for it.
    PG ring? Yea, might want to get rid of that and all the orange runes with it, once again not "work"
    PG armor? Same as above, no real work involved - ditch it.
    If you are lucky to win the burnt key lottery - dump the bracer.
    The game is full of BiS gear that requires no work at all to get, yet you don't complain and I would bet you still wear it because you are "entitled" to it for some reason? What is the reason you are entitled to those but the cloak and belt are different? Heck, these forums are full of post about how bad raid gear drops are and the fact the gear "required" comes from outside raid zones.
    The_Real_Wurm and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!