Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Chrol Developer

The clockwork possession and bomb disarm recipes will only require level 2 artisan to learn, and their difficulties have been significantly lowered.
  2. Chrol Developer

Test has been updated. The last note regarding the clockwork possession and bomb disarm recipes won't be in till the next update, however.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We broke the Antonica one when Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII died from pain and suffering. Combat scroll and a lack of logging means I don't know what killed him, but all of us had DoTs (SK, necro, warden, swashie). He died, Kerser Mk-Ginormous kept on with his target aquired script, pylons regenned. We killed them, Kerser kept going
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This only works consistently if you are the only person to hit it. If you do 99% of the damage to one, and someone else hits it, it is very likely that neither of you will regain health. Likeswise if there are 3+ of you beating on it.

Also, static strike is still not always populating o the hotbar. You can still pull it from the knowledge book, but it is something to note. I thought at first it was if I started attacking before everything populated, but that doesn't seem to be it, either.

Other than that, the changes have greatly improved the playability/enjoyability of this. The pylons respawning as much/as fast as they are is annoying (they should be called Energizer Pylons, as they keep going, and going, and going, and going) but most of the rest of it is looking better, at least until Bhoughbh doesn't die in an accepted manner ;D

I want to give a huge shout-out, again, to Kasa, Ramel and Paisley. We once again broke something and once again got no reward, but we're getting lots of interesting test data for you! :D
    Prissetta and Kasa like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Protip: Don't stand on top of one of the Energizer Pylons when they're lowered. You will end up inside the pylon when it raises back up. Thankfully, you're only stranded until the pylon is "killed" again, but it is rather disconcerting to be unable to physically see the pylon, (transparent from the inside) and be unable to move out of it. :D
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope so. ;->

Will it be able to be soloable/moloable?

Uwk
    Father of the Horde, who is probably the ultimate Creator of Baby Toons at this point :D
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Many thanks, Chrol, for working on this after hours tonight with some additional tweaks and fixes.

Meanwhile, 1 more (successful) run and I can verify if the hidden achievement is working or not. :D
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! :D

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I don't have a log of this, but on the off chance this will help you, apparently I can show you where it was in the visible part of the script, due to my screenshotting binge.

[IMG]

Also, is there a reason why Kerser's Maginfying Lens has a white adorn slot on it? Seems kind of silly for a no-zone item. :D
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Brain leaked out my ears before I hand-coded in the link. I'll go link them into the blurb now. {blush}
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! :)

Uwk
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We broke CL this time. I have a log of it. Will post more after we run through Ant again.

Chrol - MAYBE a merc casting verdict as the cause ... log later
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Chrol Developer

Bhoughbh should be immune to verdict. Did he die from pain and suffering again?
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds like Mr. Huffle from that 12th Doctor episode... ;->

Or maybe Kenny. :D

Uwk
    who's glad it's being broken now, not later... ;->
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, he did. I'll have the log for you later, when not being beaten on by bots :D
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Zero sign of the cause in the log, but Kasa said she noticed a merc cast Verdict right before this:

(1499542589)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:29 2017] Katrien's Empyrean Lands regenerates 2400 points of absorption.
    (1499542589)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:29 2017] Zhugrus Blightstrike tries to crush Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII, but Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII parries.
    (1499542589)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:29 2017] Zhugrus Blightstrike tries to crush Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII, but Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII parries the multi attack.
    (1499542589)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:29 2017] Duchy's Scaled Protection regenerates 676756 points of absorption.
    (1499542590)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:30 2017] Katrien's Glacial Freeze hits Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII but fails to inflict any damage.
    (1499542590)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:30 2017] Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII's remorseful look disappears.
    (1499542590)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:30 2017] Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII's remorseful look disappears.
    (1499542590)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:30 2017] The coil unwinds from Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII.
    (1499542590)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:30 2017] You stop fighting.
    (1499542590)[Sat Jul 8 12:36:30 2017] Alas, Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII has died from pain and suffering.

Edit: it should also be noted that he had about 1% health when the pylons went up the last time. We really thought he was done for before they popped up.
    Kasa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, per Chrol, the issue with him breaking at the end of the fight is likely because his fixes didn't stay put because the zone went down (due to nobody in it for X amount of time) ... so don't use a merc with Verdict on Bhoughbh this weekend, folks. (Likely Monday night or Tuesday for the fix to stay permanent.)

Other stuff for Chrol - not all bugs, but various things noticed on the 3 runs today (1 - failed - Duchy, Kasa/Katrien, Ramel, Foiwom; #2 success - Paisley, Kasa/Katrien, Ramel, Foiwom; #3 success - Paisley, Kasa/Katrien, Ramel, Foiwom):

• When getting the parts from Karser, you have to click him TWICE. The first time drops the recipe into your book, the second time gives you the parts that you need. This can/will confuse folks.
    • If you have the parts from the previous run's disarm (the event spawned back-to-back on us), you need to delete them, then do the double-click on Karser. Otherwise, you can't craft due to the recipe being missing.
    • Tough Tinkerer pops up on us when we're fighting the pylons, and by the time we run to the next pylon, it is gone. Is it supposed to drop that fast? Basically, it increments while we fight a pylon, zeros out by the time we run to the next, increments. Falls while we run, etc. It only stays put after Bhoughbh is defeated ... until we gate. I know it is supposed to drop when we zone, but what's the purpose of the increments dropping so fast between pylons?
    • I didn't notice the Mk-Ginormous lying on the ground during most of our runs, but when we did 2 back-to-back runs in Antonica, Bhoughbh was dropping bombs inside the wreck. Was Mk-Ginormous lying on the ground during the bomb phase all the time and I was just oblivious, or was it just not despawning as it should>
    • (very) Minor pet peeve. On the Antonica run, there's one single berserk-o-matic inside that tiny fenced in cemetary. Since we can't jump while running hacked, it is just a minor annoyance to have to make an end run around the fence to get to it, then again when done fighting it. (Yeah, yeah, I had to whine about *something* minor and cosmetic! ;D)
    • During the bomb-drop in CL, Bhoughbh displays some pretty 'leet climbing skills and climbs halfway up a pillar of rick and drops a bomb at the top of it. It may have been the one at 111.11 -22.23 349.34 59.18 0.00 0.00 If not, it was one similar to that. (I didn't get a loc at the time, ran back and trusted my fibro-fogged memory.)
    • EDIT: the issue with Static Strike not populating on the hotbar seems to only come when it should drop in the first hotbutton. (First hotbutton stays blank = static strike not dropping into the hotbar). When static strick populates another button number on the hotbar, everything is fine.
    Heh, never thought I'd put my old project manager skills to use as much as I have these last couple days. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kasa like this.
  19. Kasa Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get the house item Ritual Electro-Coil to size down smaller?
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Holy Moly! Yes, please. Kasa ran it over to me for a screenshot, since the preview lighting is such that you can't see 100% of the item unless you zoom out enough to lose the light. It is taller than a tall high elf when on maximum shrink. On default size, yowza! (I love it, a lot, but the sizing looks to be an oops :D)