Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Chrol Developer

Next update will see the following changes for the Tinkerfest PQ:
    • Clockwork Control Schema now has unlimited charges.
    • The repair-o-matic MkII's can survive up to 4 harvests.
    • Possession time of the assault-o-maton MkI has been increased.
    • You can now melee attack while hacking an assault-o-maton MkI, although the damage is pitiful. (Still waiting for the MkII's to be released.)
    • Static Strike inflicts more damage.
    • Regenerate Power Cells now heals more health and significantly more power, and can now be toggled.
    • Your hacked assault-o-maton MkI now regains full health and power when destroying a berserk-o-maton MkII.
    • Kerser will no longer follow Bhoughbh so closely when he's dropping treasure bombs.
    • Bhoughbomb MkI's now glow gold for 10 seconds before exploding. (Initiating crafting resets their timer to 60 seconds.)
    • There is now proper messaging when you try to disarm a Bhoughbomb MkI without the appropriate ingredients/equipment.
    • The Bhoughbomb MkI item now inflicts slightly more damage to Bhoughbh.
    • Bhoughbh's Target Lock ability inflicts slightly less damage.
    • Tough Tinkerer now also increases DPS.
    • Charging Pylons have significantly less hitpoints.
    • Magnified Blast no longer knocks you back.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the above go in, as that was unfortunately pretty darn rough.

HUGE shout-out to Kasa/Katrien, Ramel and Paisley for joining Foiwom in spending many, many hours testing this today.

We DID finally defeat him in Antonica, but there are several things to note.

• For the combat phase we had 4 level 100s and their mercs, and a level 95 and her necro pet and merc. This will be saner with more people especially once the pylons have less hitpoints, but currently with a small group, expect to be using up pretty much the entire timer.
    • The pylons can be tough to target. Very tough at times.
    • Attacks that require melee range on the pylon need to be placed *just so* in order to be considered in melee range (including warden thunderspike, but this is going to be rough for the tank and melee dps classes). Basically kissing the darn thing around most of the base of it is out of melee range. There's a sweet spot, but it takes time to find it.
    • Don't accidentally evac when trying to rez someone during the pylon destruction phases or you'll be unable to do diddly with the pylon that is being damaged when you return. :p Did I mention the problems targeting?
    • Finding the proper spot in which you can be in range for harvesting the scrap heap is hard. It took a lot of jittering about to find the spot to stand inside that wreck to get our 5 (each) ginormous scrap metal. The heap did not despawn once those of us who contributed had gotten our parts.
    • None of us got any spidermech parts. I did get a pretty "Rusty Rhodium Crate" along with some salvage-fodder merc bracers and the tinkerfest cogs. :O
    • Really, this took almost the entire allotted 2 hours. Though some of that was learning curve on the boss fight. This time WILL also go down once the next update hits. (Please let us know when it is in. I think that we've tested as much as we can until the fixes hit, unless we want to burn out on the long timesink for the low reward)
    • We took long enough that the PQ overlapped. As in, when we finished, there was something like an hour and 5-ish minutes left on the NEXT run of the PQ.
    Again, once the fixes mentioned by Chrol go in, it should be a lot saner on amount of time it takes for all this, but I was pretty much ready to cry in the current iteration of it when the pylons regenerated ... again.

So, thank you, Chrol, for the responsiveness on this. We're going to need to do a lot of testing on it while you tweak things, and the rapid responses give us more breathing room for grabbing whatever bodies we can beg, borrow or bribe to come over from their other servers to help.

Meanwhile, I suspect CL hasn't been touched at all. If they both have the same mechanics and rewards, we'll likely just sit on the Antonica one until things are more settled and sane.

Edit: It should also be noted that it gave me 10K status as a 100/100.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

Wish I could help but my highest level toon is my 91 level ranger 56 woodworker,been lax about getting on test since expansion hit my main on HoF has been busy doing ascension and PG grinding. sorry wish I could help. drat I never worked on her tinkering so can't even help test the new recipes. :( sorry
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Number check while I am thinking of it, especially in light of the 5 each Ginormous scrap metal and 0 Spidermech bits (none of us got any) from our first successful run.

It will take 170 Ginormous scrap metal to make 1 familiar and 1 green adorn. It will also take 40 cobalt clusters, 200 fulginate, 400 diamondine, 200 carbonite, 400 gold, 200 bloodstone, 200 agate. That's 34 or so runs of the PQ during the run of the event, plus however long it takes to get each of the 4 needed spidermech drops. Is that about where you intend it to be?
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

Yes, please make the PQ soloable and/or duoable. Many of us have odd schedules and grouping is, well, what grouping is. Making it available for more players from the get go would make a lot of players happy campers (no pun intended) and deflect some of the usual "oh look, a new PQ, let's make a bunch of new forum accounts and complain about it."
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A nice, tough challenge is one thing. Something ridiculous for hardly any reward after spending 2 hours worsening tunnel carpal syndrome is another. I can sympathize with folks, on either new forum accounts or old. ;->

Uwk
    who, it must be admitted, hasn't ever done any of the PQs...
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, but you can still help! Thankfully, this PQ is level agnostic, so it doesn't matter what your level is.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I can't wait to see what the new mount is this year! Last year I totally adored that precious back pack mount!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Chrol Developer

I know that the pylon in the NW corner wasn't placed on ground level properly which will be fixed with the next test update. Was this an issue with any/all of the others as well?
  10. Kaitheel Developer

A future update should include:
    • New building blocks of Impacted Metal are now named correctly.
    ~ Kaitheel
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

hmm looks like my lower level adventurers can help as well then
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

In Antonica, the NW corner was the one where I noticed the melee thing. The SW corner was the one that I simply could not retarget after my evac, and it had been fussy to begin with.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Chrol Developer

These are accurate and intended!
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

She wasn't a level 100 artisan either, Kaitheel. So she can't do the first phase, which requires 100 artisan to scribe the blueprint. I didn't see a level req for the bomb disarming, so she could help there? And as a 91 ranger she could help with the pylons, but the boss at the end is going to be high enough above her in level that it will be resist city.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{wince} 34 runs sounds brutal, but that's with yesterday's many hours of testing fresh in my mind. I'll reserve judgement until I see how much the changes speed up the event for us. I see the stats on the familiar now, and yeah, he's pretty desireable.even with a tiny 0.2% heal.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

17. Kaitheel Developer

Uh, oh. That sounds like a bug!

She shouldn't run into any resists on the boss, that are a result of her level. Let us know if any lower level players do though!

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

That is definitely the intention!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Chrol Developer

There is a chance to harvest a second scrap metal each time with Bountiful Harvest.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for alerting us to this issue! Caith is taking a look at it.

~ Kaitheel