Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

maybe.
    Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Hey ttobey! I have a request for a *fix*. The reindeer you get from frostfell seems to have a very strange hitbox, or at least model center. When you zoom in on most mounts, it will zoom to your character as the center but on the reindeer it makes the center near the lower body/feet of the mount, making your character sit much higher on the screen than any other mount does. Is there any possible way that you could look into this?
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

what race are you.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

arasai. All other mounts seem to center correctly
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I figured you were arasai. Yeah I can't fix it for you. There's one eyepoint on the mounts and it can't be adjusted per race. The only way to fix it would be to have a tiny reindeer for the fairies to ride.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I love the reindeer mounts! :)
    ttobey likes this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

I love them too :( but in combat all I see is the reindeers decently animated butt
  8. Kelvmor Active Member

@ttobey
    (Warning, a bit long winded, so here's a TL;DR: Why were one-handed spears given two-handed animations, when the one-handed piercing animations worked perfectly for them?)
    Playing around on the new Fallen Gate server reminded me...

A long time ago, most one-handed spears (for example, the weaponsmith-bought tin tribal spear pictured below, clipping through a shield) in the game used the same one-handed animations as daggers and rapiers did--thrusting animations.
    [IMG]
    They fit both spear and dagger rather well--but some years ago, the one-handed spears were changed, and given the two-handed spear/polearm animations. This causes them to clip through most shields--while it can almost look sort of good, with certain shields, it's rather irksome on others, and is frankly a ridiculous way to wield them. As pictured below, there's still a spear or two here and there that escaped this change in animation--specifically pictured is the Glancing Shortspear, a drop from Palace of Ferzhul that in the itemization got relabelled as a dagger instead of a spear, but is just more or less a recolor of the tin tribal spear above:
    [IMG]

Historically, spears up to 6 foot, or possibly 7 foot long were used ably with one hand held somewhat near the center of the spear's shaft (such as what's pictured above) while holding a shield in the off-hand--such was the backbone of the Greek hoplite phalanx formation, as well as the Roman Legion tortoise formation and Viking shield wall. Old EQ2Traders posts also confirm that spears used to be wielded like this in-game:
    [IMG]

So, the short of it is: What was the reasoning behind this change, and could it be changed back? I rather liked having my spear not clip through my shield.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's not my department. That's a designer issue.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Ttobey, did you do the new leaper mount? Because I absolutely love how my arasai has an actual walking animation. Good work if it was yours!
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No I didn't have a whole lot to do with that one.
  12. nestea04 New Member

Hello..

*hides*
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I feel like I haven't seen any Ttobey madness lately. It made me feel sad :(
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm still here!
    Mizgamer62, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Still here but far too quiet! Need some hilarity adding :D
    ttobey and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah, I'm working on three things at once right now. I will say this new flying mount I'm animating is my favorite in awhile!
    Mizgamer62, Prissetta and Katz like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No not a flying red panda or a broom.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

A flying red panda on a broom!?!?!?!?!
  19. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Oo are we getting another bird mount, that has legs like the owls, but is like a giant eagle or a hawk this time? or a giant flying snake like that aztec god who's name I can't spell? hmm...Tinkerfest is coming. maybe it's an upgraded version of the jetpack that actually flies rather then a leaper?
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Flamingo mount, won't disappear in water until it gets really deep.
    Mizgamer62, ttobey and Prissetta like this.