Massive amount of bot groups!!!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Solon, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Solon New Member

The massive amount of bot groups running around is unreal. Its obvious these 4-6 box'd toons are using illegal 3rd party software. It's now to the point where CONTESTED dungeons are filled with at least 1 bot group, sometimes 2, running around leap frogging legit players. This will be a HUGE turn off to legit players like myself unless address quickly. This server is great please don't let all the cheaters ruin the population.

Note how when they did away with all the MQ2 botters on EQ1 TLPs the population would actually stick around. Ban these cheaters. (Look at Phinigel/Agnarr success)
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've had a lot of guild chatter from folks logging out in frustration because they can't even compete in zone like The Graveyard due to bot groups.
    Neiloch and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Solon New Member

Hopefully they start banning people before more quit
    Lagerale and Meneltel like this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

I have about 23 hours of ingame time in the last 3 days and yet I have seen more posts on the forums about bots then I have actually seen botting going on in the game...

For clarity about 15 of my hours played have been in dungeons, where I hear botting causes the most problems.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

In my years of playing since launch I've only seen one group that even made me curious. That was last night. A full group of six was laying waste on Queen's Colony. Were they botting or were they boxing? I have no idea, but it was definitely just one player.
  6. Solon New Member

Maybe you're a bit behind the curve? It was bad in Fallen Gate last night.
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Watch out for a full group of DC comics girls.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

I leveled from 21-26 last night, so I think that is staying with the curve. Granted I did my AQs then several hours in Stormhold. Saw 5-6 different groups and none were botting.

Not denying that botting is happening. In my experiences though, it is not nearly as prevalent as several people on these forums make it out to be.
    Livejazz likes this.
  9. Nagash Member

It isn't hard to box 3 to 6 toons on a few computers or even running 6 total computers. you can run EQ2 on low settings on a very old computer or laptop. the in game macro systems in EQ2 makes boxing caster almost trivial. you need to hit one key per fight, not hard.

Stop assuming that every person that is boxing and enjoying the game is a botter.
  10. RadarX Community Manager

While we aren't going to weigh in to the whole boxing vs botting debate here...

If you see behavior you believe is disrupting gameplay (we do not allow the use of third party software to automate characters) then please report it to help.daybreakgames.com for review. We do take action against accounts who are participating in unattended gameplay.
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Bot groups are easy to spot in contrast to boxers usually. See Ashe's screencap. That's a bot.
    Ashe likes this.
  12. Nagash Member

yeah those names are terrible and if they aren't moving and instant casting on all 6 toon's that's a bit much.
  13. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Those names make it obnoxious to try and accurately type out your CS complaint.
  14. Nagash Member

I do believe i have seen that same name convention on Ragefire, Phinigel and Agnarr.
  15. Dabrixmgp New Member

i still 6 box in EQ1 so maybe my concept of bot group is different. To me a Bot Group is doing just that...botting or automated game play via MacroQuest2. However, over there we are allowed to use 3rd party software such as ISBoxer to control 6 characters at once that will mimic key presses so pressing the 1 key on my driver will also press 1 on all the slave accounts. As long as I am actively playing my characters its fine. Are things different in EQ2 or something? Its the same company so I dont see how it can be different. I have no plans on running more than 1 account here just as I only run 1 account on EQ1 locked progression servers. I was simply wondering how something can be fine in EQ1 yet over here is bannable.
  16. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

If your going to run bot or box groups, for that matter, why not just request an offline version of the game? If your not going to attempt to group with others or simply don't want to why not just pick up a 1 player game for the PS4 instead? Just my 2 cents.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

You'll never see widespread bans. EQ2 gets way too much revenue from those accounts.
    Neiloch, Ruckus, Meneltel and 3 others like this.
  18. Savaj New Member

Totally against boxing (just not my style) but I would imagine there's several reasons.
    1. They want to level faster but still want to group end game and socialize.
    2. They want control over loot distribution.
    3. They want several characters to play without doing the grind over and over.
    4. They have too much money and keep many active subscriptions to help DBG.. they're doing gods work!
    5. I'm not bitter or jealous about item 4.
  19. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

In EQ2 you need to be controlling all characters by hand. You can use the in-game macro system, but that's it. Using that program in EQ2 can get you banned.

Plat/Krono farming.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Everything is CONTESTED CONTENT. That means you will often have one or more people, boxers or botters getting in your way from time to time.

There's not much you can do about people you suspect are bots except screenshot and report them. If enough people are complaining about the "obvious" bots (it's actually not always easy to discriminate by eye whether it's a skilled boxer or an actual bot crew), then a GM gets to pop in and investigate, resulting in Drundering, bans, etc.

Seriously, historically speaking, it's not that bad. The people who were interfering with my play yesterday were solitary toons who would, for example, grab a shiny that I was clearing aggro mobs so I could get to it myself, or jumping on a harvesting node etc.Just rude, impolite behavior. You're always gonna have kiester-heads trying to rain on your parade. Ignore them as best you can, report them when you can't ignore them, and just do your thing.

If a group is taking all the mobs you need for a quest, that's disruption of game regardless whether it's solo, box, or bot. Send a /tell politely informing them that you need those mobs for a quest and ask if they will either back off or else let you group with them long enough to get whatever you need. If they won't, then report 'em, that behavior violates the Rules of Conduct.